General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a woman that enjoys her down time doing what she loves to do. I could only hope that at 94 years old that I'm in the shape that she is in instead of sitting somewhere drooling in my pudding and talking to my imaginary dog. I don't believe my odds of being like the Queen are very high :D

Lovely photo.
Was it an official photographer that took the photo and BP releases them to the media?

It probably sounds corny but just seeing our Queen in her usual headscarf back out there in Windsor contentedly riding her pony is enough to give our morale a little shot of happiness and hopefulness.

Great she is able to be out enjoying simple things like her horses. Fern is a beautiful pony.:flowers:

Its nice in times like this to get a taste of normalcy. And seeing her ride is that.

Lovely photo.
Was it an official photographer that took the photo and BP releases them to the media?

Not quite sure what you mean by “official”, they’re not paparazzi shots.

The photos were taken by AP photographer Steve Parsons.

These photos were a nice surprise! HM even coordinates her scarf with the colours of the bush in the background. ;)

Not quite sure what you mean by “official”, they’re not paparazzi shots.

The photos were taken by AP photographer Steve Parsons.
Thanks that's what I wanted to know...So the photographer was solicited by BP to take the photos and BP released them.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know...So the photographer was solicited by BP to take the photos and BP released them.

That is indeed correct, this was an authorised release of pictures. HM was riding in a part of the gardens not seen from the road.

Wonderful photo of the Queen and the Duke!

They are so magnificent -and Philip is looking well, which is great news. I can’t believe he’s almost 99! This makes me so happy....

This is... bizarrely Photoshopped.

Has it been raining at Windsor lately? I checked, and the forecast for this week is mostly rain. In the photo, it's sunny. I wonder if the picture was taken indoors and photoshopped with the castle on a sunnier day in the background?

Looking at the full photograph, it does look like the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh figures were cut out and pasted on a background. The lighting and the shading of the figures do not blend into the background at all.

Perhaps it was done due to social distancing with the pandemic. Hubby mentioned to me that he heard on the radio that there is now an application where it will take individual pictures of people and create a group photograph of them to commemorate events such as birthdays, anniversaries and such that have had to be done virtually with devices and computers.

The photo was taken June 1 by the Press Association. The information is right in the linked tweet.

It was taken on June 1, and then rather strangely messed with.

I have no eye for photo modifications and even when people point out that a photo has been photoshopped, I often can’t see how. For me to notice it, it has to be rather crudely done.

I got goosepumps when I saw this picture for the first time. Such an amazing couple. So much experience, so much life, such a great history. What a big day for us!

What is the need for photoshop. That is the last thing we expect at the highest level of RF.. We are very happy with any kind of photo released, and maybe even nothing at all. But this sets a wrong precedent, and diminishes the aura..

On the bright side, the DoE would probably find this funny.

And/or irritating, take your pick.

What has put this couple into perspective for me is that this week, I've finally started (and binge watching) Downton Abbey. The series ended in the year 1926, Philip was born in 1921 and watching that series gave me insight into the times that he (and the Queen) were born into.

I have to admit that I kind of see Philip as one of those people that were of a mind to change things, improve things and forge ahead rather than being stuck in the "old ways" of doing things. Both the Queen and Philip have seen so many changes to their world and yet through thick and thin, they've remained a steadfast couple throughout it all.

Simply marvelous and I have a feeling that they're not quite done yet. Best of luck and love to the both of them! :flowers:

General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017

I disagree it’s been photoshopped, because what’s the point in photoshopping? We know what the DOE and The Queen look like, and if it’s because of the Dukes advancing age to make him appear healthier than he is, why agree to the photo at all in that case?

I don’t see why we can’t just appreciate the photo for what it is, a lovely and welcome surprise.

Kensington Palace wishes The Duke happy birthday;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBPplOClyyB/?igshid=llsl3qmil1xz

Last edited:
I disagree it’s been photoshopped, because what’s the point in photoshopping? We know what the DOE and The Queen look like, and if it’s because of the Dukes advancing age to make him appear healthier than he is, why agree to the photo at all in that case?

I don’t see why we can’t just the photo for what it is, a lovely and welcome surprise.

Kensington Palace wishes The Duke happy birthday;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBPplOClyyB/?igshid=llsl3qmil1xz

With you on this one, cannot see the ratioale for photoshopping. I have no doubt the picture has been touched up, as they all are, though some with more skill than others.

Last edited:
I so, so agree. We havent seen them together in the longest time and I'm just happy they just keep on going. Perhaps it is COVID-19 and then the civil unrest but just seeing them together reassures me that this too shall pass.

I thought of the lives they have lived and have the world and just about ever norm they were born in to has changed and evolved, some for the better, some not. I wish we could see their diaries and letters and see the world, the country, even families through their eyes. They were both trained observer's and I bet it would make cracking reading.

I have no idea what people are seeing, but I don’t see anything odd or photoshopped about this really lovely photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom