Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora: discussion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cutie!
From the press conference this afternoon in Central Park. New York City, NY

Attachments

• MaudAngelica.jpg
    MaudAngelica.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,581
Two pictures from www.dagbladet.no who called Maud Angelica "Parkens dronning" which I believe means queen of the park.

Attachments

• Dagbladet-marta2Xart280.jpg
    Dagbladet-marta2Xart280.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 561
  • Dagbladet-marta3Xart280.jpg
    Dagbladet-marta3Xart280.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 850
God,I cannot believe how lovely she is,she looks like a little madam with her handbag.What is the age gap between her and Ingrid,I wonder if they will be close like sisters?We havent seen any pics like this of Ingrid.

The age-gap between Maud and Ingrid is about nine months. We saw some pictures of Ingrid this summer, not as free as these, though.

How close they will be? Well, I think it also depends on how many other siblings they get. If you have many siblings, some of which are close to you in age, you're more likely to stick to them, I think.

But I wonder a bit if, when they're old enough to start school, whether or not Haakon and Mette-Marit will let Ingrid start a year earlier to get in the same class as Maud Angelica... Since we're only talking about a month separating her from the Norwegian cut-off date, which is January 1st, I mean. (I've had several people in my classes through the years which were born the year after me.)

Maud Angelica was named after Queen Maud but Angelica is a name they liked
am i right?

You are quite right, Josefine.

I also think that they wanted something with M and A. Märtha and Ari are big on the symbolism.

Maybe their next child, if it's a boy will have the first name of Magnus? And a second name that begins with A?

I thought I post the pictures that Märtha and Maud Angelica did for the Norwegian magazine Henne. Several famous women like Märtha, Queen Rania, Malanie Grifith and Gillian Andersen posed with their children. All the sales of the pictures went to UNICEF. The pictures were taken by Morten Krogvoll. They were taken almost a year ago, they might have been posted elsewhere but Ill post them again in Maud Angelicas tread (and because I finally figured out how to make attachments:D ) There were also an interview in which she talked about women in underdeveloped countries, the importance of hygiena and problematick births.

Not as glamorous as Marys pictures but very sweet I think.

Attachments

• ml6.jpg
    ml6.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 433
  • ml7.jpg
    ml7.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 410
  • ml5.jpg
    ml5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 369
  • ml4.jpg
    ml4.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 410
  • ml3.jpg
    ml3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 408
  • ml2.jpg
    ml2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 356
  • ml1.jpg
    ml1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Larzen said:
I thought I post the pictures that Märtha and Maud Angelica did for the Norwegian magazine Henne. Several famous women like Märtha, Queen Rania, Malanie Grifith and Gillian Andersen posed with their children. All the sales of the pictures went to UNICEF. The pictures were taken by Morten Kroghvoll. They were taken almost a year ago, they might have been posted elsewhere but Ill post them again in Maud Angelicas tread (and because I finally figured out how to make attachments:D ) There were also an interview in which she talked about women in underdeveloped countries, the importance of hygiena and problematick births.

Not as glamorous as Marys pictures but very sweet I think.
Maybe not, but Märtha Louise and Maud Angelica make a mother's role look somewhat glamorous. Thanks for posting some of my favourite pictures.

Does Maud Angelica have a royal title?

Reina said:
Does Maud Angelica have a royal title?
No, she does not. Should the occasion arise that she will be the first in line to the throne, I'm sure that whomever is sitting at the throne will give her one.

Until then I think Märtha and Ari wants her to have a normal life as possible. I think that if they had wanted her to have a title she could have gotten one, as she is in line to the throne.

norwegianne said:
You are quite right, Josefine.

I also think that they wanted something with M and A. Märtha and Ari are big on the symbolism.

Maybe their next child, if it's a boy will have the first name of Magnus? And a second name that begins with A?

A gues of a name if it is a boy could be Marius Alexander.
Marius after Mette-Marits son and Alexander in memory of King Olav who were named Alexander

some pics..don't know if were posted..I'll post it here..

Attachments

• NORWEGIA_MAUD_ANGELICA_006.jpg
    NORWEGIA_MAUD_ANGELICA_006.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 684
  • NORWEGIA_RODZINA12_002.jpg
    NORWEGIA_RODZINA12_002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 708
How do they pronounce her name??

I know how Maud is pronounced, but Angelica?

Larzen said:
I thought I post the pictures that Märtha and Maud Angelica did for the Norwegian magazine Henne. ...
Lovely picture of mother and daughter, for me every photo about mother and daughter is the most sweet photo ever:D

1. Maud Angelica with her mother Märtha Louise at Skaugum December 23, 2004. ANB Picture.
2. Maud Angelica with her cousin Ingrid Alexandra at Skaugum December 23, 2004. Scanpix Picture.
3. Maud Angelica arriving at church with her parents on Christmas day December 25, 2004. Scanpix Picture.
4. Maud Angelica arriving at church with her father on Christmas day December 25, 2004. Scanpix Picture.

Attachments

• 2004 Christmas 20 ANB.JPG
    2004 Christmas 20 ANB.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Scanpix518785g.jpg
    Scanpix518785g.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 368
  • Scanpix-kongekirke7_bs.jpg
    Scanpix-kongekirke7_bs.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 558
  • Scanpix437291.JPG
    Scanpix437291.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 435
Does anybody know if Martha Louise and Ari purposely used the first letters of their names for Maud Angelica? Should we expect the next child to have two names that start with M and A? I wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose. Do you remember all the initials they had at their wedding?

Born at Bloksberg today.

JAN THORESEN OG KRISTOFFER EGEBERG
Fredag 08.04.2005, 14:11
oppdatert 14:35

(Dagbladet.no): Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn now has a second daughter. The Palace released the following press release:

"Their Majesties the King and the Queen have the pleasure of announcing that Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, today, at 08.20 had a daughter.

The birth took place at Bloksbjerg, Hankø, with home birth that went according to plan. Everything is well with mother and child. The newborn weighed 3760 gram and is 52 cm tall.

His Royal Highness the Crown Prince Regent have informed the president of the Storting that the name of the child is Leah Isadora Behn.

The King and Queen expresses joy in receiving a third grandchild."

The pair already has a daughter by the name of Maud Angelica. P

Rare name:
The name Leah was first noticed in Norway in the 1940s. In the 60s a few girls were called Leah, and then it became quiet until the name reappeared in the 80s. Just before the turn of the century the name has seen an increase in popularity. Today, 278 women in Norway has Leah as their first name, according to Statistisk Sentralbyrå.

There are less than three women in Norway who're called Leah Isadora. There are four women who're called Isadora as first name. There are less than three women who have Isadora as the only name.

Leah means tired or worn out.

Märtha gave birth at home.

OSLO/ROMA (VG Nett) Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn has got a new daughter. .

Av HEGE LYNGVED ODINSEN, CHRISTIAN F. BRÆNDSHØI, TONE LIBRÅTEN

The Couple's second daughter was born at 08.20 today. The newborn girl is called Leah Isadora Behn.

In a press release from the Palace it says that the birth took place at Bloksbjerg, Hankø, in a home birth were everything went according to plan.

Mobile Message.

- Both the King, Queen and the Crown Prince couple have been oriented about the nice family event and everybody is happy about the new family member, says Svein Gj. Gjeruldsen to VG Nett.

Queen Sonja is with the Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik in Rome today, for the Pope's funeral.

- I was walking with Queen Sonja out of the funeral when the Queen got the message on her mobile, says the Prime Minister.

Princess Märtha Louise had read in a mobile message to her mother about the big family event. The Queen was very happy about the news, and Märtha said that everything was fine with mother and child.

According to the Prime Minister he and the Queen talked about the special situation it was to get such a nice message when you were in a funeral.

Split family.

King Harald is presently recuperating after his heart surgery, and has sick leave. Crown Prince Haakon, who is regent while his father is ill, and Crown Pricness Mette-Marit should, according to plans, travel to Great Britain after the Cabinet Council today. It is not known if they followed the schedule or not.

They are guests in Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles' wedding tomorrow.

-Golden half-meter

Everything is well with mother and child. Leah Isadora weighed 3760 gram and was 52 cm long when she was born.

Almost two years ago Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn had their first child, Maud Angelica. Märtha Louise gave birth in Rikshospitalet then.

- She's a golden half-meter, Ari Behn said to the press after that birth. How he intends to describe his second daughter is yet unknown.

(VG NETT*08.04.05 kl. 14:05)

Thanks for the wonderful news norwegianne!

Leah Isadora are not names that anyone here chose! I have to say that I love the name Isadora however -- reminds me of the famous ballet which I love.

Pretty names for the Behn girls: Maud Angelica (I prefer Angelica) and Leah Isadora (I prefer Isadora).

good news indeed! in these sad moments that we are living it's always nice to hear such wonderful news. nice name by the way. I hope to see pictures soon :)

oh how nice! Now they have two girls :)
But:
Leah means tired or worn out
why give the baby a name that means tired and worn out :D
But other than the meaning, I think Leah is a nice name!

Leah can also mean ruler or mistress according to some books.

I like the name. Congrats to Martha and Ari!

Neat name. Congrats to Martha and Ari!

SCANPIX photo of Bloksbjerg/Bloksberg, where Leah Isadora was born.

Attachments

• 470779.jpeg
    470779.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 636
I Wonder when we are going to see the first pictures... I guess Hakon can't be there with his camera since he has to travel to England with M-M.

What a modern way to tell your mom about a new baby, by the way... Märtha sms-ed her mother who was in Rome in pope's funeral... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom