Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Agreed. Also, Prince Albert was highly intelligent and a real "go-getter." I'd compare him more to Prince Philip than to Prince Andrew. Queen Victoria of course was Head of State and reportedly said, "I will be good" when she became Queen. Sarah Ferguson's mantra was "I just want to be myself." I think that Sarah was more attracted to the HRH title and the accompanying perks of being Royal and less about finding out how she could best serve the nation. I don't see much resemblance between the two couples, either.

Love her scarf. Anyone know the maker? It doesn't look Hermes, but it is covet-able.

Her scarf is pretty indeed. Sarah looks quite sad and exhausted lately...

Her friend looks more like a caregiver the way she was assisting and taking hold of Sarah.

Strange photos, Sarah seems sick and in need of assistance.

Let's not speculate about Sarah's health.

Russo - I know she had the Princesses bag for a while, I was just «upset» annoyed etc that she is going out with it AGAIN. We've had a similar discussion last year on Sarah showing off her ROYAL connections with that bag and wondering the effect it could have on the girls having their mom parading an old picture of them on a bag to remind everyone that SHE SARAH is the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES! Maybe that's why they hold her hand at events: if they don't show up with SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES then SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES parades their pictures on a bag.

I was under the impression that the girls gave her that bag.

Russophile said:
I don't know about the LV however the one with the Princesses on it she's had a while.

I find it interesting that Sarah is always going on about how she has no money but where did she get that LV bag? And why is she carrying two bags, and one with her daughters emblazoned on the front? she puzzles me.

That looks like a tote bag to me with her daughters' photo. I use a tote to carry odds and ends in, along with my regular bag, when I commute to work. Sarah might be using it for similar reasons to just stuff miscellaneous items in it.

Baroness of Books said:
That looks like a tote bag to me with her daughters' photo. I use a tote to carry odds and ends in, along with my regular bag, when I commute to work. Sarah might be using it for similar reasons to just stuff miscellaneous items in it.

That's true enough. I use a tote with my handbag when I am working, but not when eating out. I don't like to encumbered! :)

As she was seen dining out with a female friend, she also could have done some shopping before heading to dinner. Nothing makes me hungrier than a good round of shopping!

One thing that I noticed is that the "friend" looks quite a bit to me like the woman that was her long time friend and personal aide that was shown in pictures around the time of the NOTW scandal. I've put this on my "things to do when I have a couple of hours to dig through old pictures" list to check and see.

Yes, I had thought of pre-dinner shopping myself, though I'd probably need a larger tote for that purpose!

For me it doesn't matter that she brings a tote bag or not. What I find annoying is SARAH MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES still using and parading that tote bag, even if it was given to her by her two ROYAL PRINCESSES daughters when they were teenagers. It is no longer the sign of love from SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES but a vulgar publicity bag.

For me it doesn't matter that she brings a tote bag or not. What I find annoying is SARAH MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES still using and parading that tote bag, even if it was given to her by her two ROYAL PRINCESSES daughters when they were teenagers. It is no longer the sign of love from SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES but a vulgar publicity bag.

It's a bag. Her daughters gave it to her. If she was using a new, expensive bag she'd be criticized for wasting money.

I know there are good reasons to criticize Sarah, but this isn't one of them.

:previous:

Agree totally.

Using a bag given to her by her daughters isn't anything more than a proud and loving mother who is using a gift given with love.

I don't see this in terms of publicity, either. It's just a bag given to her by her girls personalized by their photos; of course she should use it.

I don't see this in terms of publicity, either. It's just a bag given to her by her girls personalized by their photos; of course she should use it.

That's how I see it, too. It's not like the bag says, "Sarah, Mother of two Royal Princesses!" It has her daughters' photos, and the daughters happen to be royal princesses.

Maxima has bee seen carrying a similar bag with photos of her three girls

I couldn't agree more with recent comments. The bag with her daughters is clearly something is real sentimental value to Sarah, as gifts from loved ones usually are.

As for the "tired and emotional" speculation, don't forgot that paps will take hundreds of pictures, and find the ones that make her look worst, in keeping with the Mail's anti-York agenda. And in fact, they've failed with that 3rd one, which is quite a nice picture - I agree with other posts that the scarf looks lovely, and really suits her.

Having said all that, I still think the issue with Turkey has to be affecting her. I think that being stuck in the UK will be particularly difficult for her, as in previous years, she has usually been away on holiday in February. She usually goes skiing with the family around the time of Andrew's birthday (19 Feb) and often gets in a trip to sunnier climes just beforehand. Obviously the Princesses went skiing (and Eugenie had a trip to Mustique with Jack) and Andrew managed a bit of skiing at Davos when he went for the economic forum. So I think it must be tough on Sarah missing out this year...

(Actually, having just reread what I wrote there, it occurs to me that people may feel it’s a bit much to feel sorry for a rather privileged lady because she can’t go skiing, when there are people losing jobs etc. All I mean is that when you have anxieties on your mind – the Turkey thing – it can be a great help to get away from it all, and to Sarah’s mind, she may feel rather trapped, having been used to a life of frequent travel. But of course, there are many in worse positions!)

Relax! Channel your anger toward something wort being angry about. If someone doesn't know who Sarah is then they will not know who the young ladies pictured on her bag are either. Lovely bag and very endearing.

There is absolutely no anger in the capital letters. If there was any the capital letters would have been bolded. They were just there to highlight the fact that Sarah's market value is due to her being the mother of two royal princesses. Sarah is quite aware of this and reminds us of that on a regular basis. Her market-value is going down right now: the serie on american tv was not a hit, the book is not a hit, etc. Showing on her bag the picture of her angelic royal princesses daughters is a way to try to regain a bit of that lost value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom