Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that both Beatrice & Eugenie have attended other occasions such as Trooping of the Colour, Ascot and Maundy Thursday but not any of the Remembrance events. Their father saw active service, and lays a wreath on Remembrance Sunday, it would be good to see them there.

I find it strange that both Beatrice & Eugenie have attended other occasions such as Trooping of the Colour, Ascot and Maundy Thursday but not any of the Remembrance events. Their father saw active service, and lays a wreath on Remembrance Sunday, it would be good to see them there.

Ascot is a social event, and Maundy Thursday is much lower profile service. The entire family is invited to the Trooping. The York girls are not called to the Remembrance Day events as they are not serving senior royals.

It isn't something you should be called to do, but rather want to attend IMO

:previous: I don't know whether someone can just "show up" with the royal women on the balcony. :ermm:

I don't think, for a hundred years (or some other long time, if ever) we will ever hear how/when/who got invited to be on the balconies (there are several) for Remembrance Day.
I think anyone that wants to go to the ceremony should. If Bea and Eugenie want to go, they should join the crowds. Better yet, do something locally for veterans, even if they get no publicity out of it.
It is both interesting and informative to go and look at Getty's photos going back and capturing the balcony at Remembrance Days past. JMO, but it has never been an all-inclusive balcony thing. In general, you are there if you spouse is there. There is a sort of a tradition...

Princess Beatrice wins battle against the Daily Mail

She does occasionally attend events for the military though non royal related. I remember seeing her at remembrance day service balcony scene when she was a kid, Don't know if it was a one time kind of thing or if she attended as a kid but as the years progresses and it was clear she was not going to become a working royals I guess those events stopped. Just my guess. I'm sure if the Queen wanted her to attend she would be there. and We don't know what public events she attended that day. We only know what the press would like us to know. Sometimes we'd be really lucky to get social network pics of her charity events else we would have never knows she attended.

Princess Beatrice wins battle against the Daily Mail for publishing bikini pictures

The taking and publishing of these photographs of the complainant, wearing a bikini, which the committee noted placed a gratuitous and invasive focus on parts of the complainant’s body which would not ordinarily be subject to public scrutiny, represented a serious intrusion into her privacy.http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/yorks/...ily-mail-for-publishing-bikini-pictures-71796

I think it's good that Bea is standing against the DM since they always like to take her under the bus. However, the DM will probably be merciless now.

Last edited:
It isn't something you should be called to do, but rather want to attend IMO

We don't know that they don't want to attend do we?

Sidenote: The only Maundy Thursday Beatrice has attended is the one in York. For obvious reasons.

Short, sweet and succinct and something I've pretty much never seen in all my time here at TRF. An actual apology from a publication for their intrusion into a royal's private life.

My esteem of the Express has gone up a notch. I just wonder if they were forced to print this because of a threat of legal action. Regardless, I hope the rest of the tabloids and media take notice.

I don't think that's at all funny as well as being dangerous it's really rude to make fun of what her grandmother does.
If she wants to work as a full time royal like we hear she does maybe stop playing the fool. Making fun of the job won't help.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Pranks can / will have repurcussions, unless you are an A-Rated celeb or an A-listed Royal most tend to go under the media radar.

Sounds like it was all in good fun ..... no one lost their head!! :lol:

Sounds like it was all in good fun ..... no one lost their head!! :lol:

He might have lost an eye, though.

I think it was nice of him to return to the party afterward.

A bit off topic but I thought the royal lodge had been demolished? and it belonged to someone else now?

So, how can they have a party at the royal lodge in the first place?
Her family just had a random ceremonial swords laying around?

I just find it a bit odd, although theres a picture so *shrugs

A bit off topic but I thought the royal lodge had been demolished? and it belonged to someone else now?

So, how can they have a party at the royal lodge in the first place?
Her family just had a random ceremonial swords laying around?

I just find it a bit odd, although theres a picture so *shrugs

You are thinking of Sunninghill. It was the home Andrew and Sarah owned and the girls were raised in. They sold it in 2004 and yes was bulldozed last year.

Royal lodge is a crown estate, it is located in Windsor park. It was home to the queen mother until she died, and to the yorks since 2004.

okiedokie, thanks. Still have trouble believing the accuracy of this story.

Last edited:
It's very strange if she actually "swung the sword backwards behind her" in order to dub her friend. That's more the action of someone who wants to seriously hurt someone else. I'm not sure that I can believe this story.

There are photos floating around of Ed Sheeran with a cut cheek. He apparently made light of it, though Beatrice was upset. I can believe it of people who were laughing and joking at a party. The sword might have been hanging on a wall. No harm came to Ed, she didn't cut his head off or anything, so it's just a silly little story.

Don't think the story is true folks.

If it isn't true, someone will issue a denial. They haven't yet.

Some saying he was drunk and fell. Some say Beatrice cut him by mistake, which one is it?

If its not true I'm sure we'll know when Beatrice complains to the Independent Press Standards Organisation about it. Or maybe she'll let it slide as it shows she is friends with famous people.

If its not true I'm sure we'll know when Beatrice complains to the Independent Press Standards Organisation about it.

Why does it seem like you are criticizing her for reporting the DM. William and Kate did the same thing to the French media when their privacy was intruded upon. How would you feel if you were at Miami(random) and paparazzi started taking pics of you.

Well, if her mother (who reportedly was present at the dinner party) thought it was funny to 'knight' a dog with a bread knife at a party back in 1990, I guess we can't be too surprised that an adult Beatrice sees nothing wrong with wildly slinging a sword around injuring her guest while mocking a ceremony her grandmother has been conscientiously performing for decades.
Combining alcohol and sharp objects is usually a bad idea, IME.

Do we really know that alcohol was involved? We just have sketchy information on what happened and, for my part, I'm thinking of it as a non-story that perhaps has been built up to be far more than what it really is.

Why let facts [or an actual story] get in the way when this is an opportune time to bash Beatrice for something she may or may not have done:whistling:

Let's see, since this 'story' came out in one of the most well known tabloids its been alleged that it must be true because alcohol was involved; Beatrice has been slammed for playing pranks on people, apparently she is too old for that...again with the assumption that the story is in fact true; Beatrice is apparently being rude for mocking things that her grandmother does; it must be true because otherwise she would complain to the Independent Press Standards Organisation but she might not because she wants to prove that she is friends with famous people; if Sarah did it over twenty years ago, than it must be true that Beatrice did recently...like mother like daughter you know.

Wow.

Well I have just counted 7 different articles on this so guess they are all lying and Bea would never do anything like this. And of course there wouldn't be any drinking going on
I am excepting a denial soon via a media statement.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes, the story has been picked up by the likes of Woman's Day, the National Post, Jezebel, Sydney Morning Herald and the Telegraph, who cites it's source as The Sun.

I'm with Zonk on this one. There was a sword or some such and Ed Sheeran sustained a cut to his face. They are the only things we know for certain. Everything else is lurid hyperbole.

As to all the "shame, shame, shame, we know she did all these other things (drinking, disrespecting her grandmother, pranks) it because her mother did the same twenty years ago" whatever are you thinking? Why is it that on the York threads natural suspicion of the media or of the behaviour of a specific royal goes right out the window. It must be so because a rag said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom