Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against either of the York sisters, they're pretty harmless imo but that you keep repeating they 'support' their grandmother isn't really accurate.

Anytime either sister is deemed to have represented the monarchy they get CC credit. With the Yorks it amounts to a handful of times a year. This doesn't mean Bea doesn't do other things though. Most of what Bea and Eug do is considered private rather than royal work.

My point is that their private work reflects on the queen. And does bring credit to her as well.

But I guess attending dinners is only charity work if you are a senior Royal. Otherwise you better be scooping poop and doing actually labor, or you are simply a party fgirl pretending to go charity. There are definitely double standards. If her cousins were at the same event they would be praised for their dedication to charity. She gets bashed as a party girl.

But then again as everyone points out she is a private citizen. The public is paying nothing. Not even security. So other than Andrew who toots the bill who has any right to complain if she foes the have a nine to five job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now this is an article that just made me beam ear to ear. To be able to take a learning dysfunction or a disability as see it as a positive is something not a lot of people do or care to do. This shows an inner quality of Beatrice that she carries with her every day in her day to day life and has realized that no matter what we are handed, we can find positives in them if we look hard enough.

:flowers: this was a good article from Beatrice. Dyslexia is a topic that has been around for so long but sadly still gets little attention in some circles. It is great having someone with such a high profile working with the foundation. And the fact she is so vocal about not only her own struggles but successes with dealing with it makes it do much more personal. I really do wish we would see the royals openly supporting her work, and getting media attention for it. It is obvious she is willing to do some incredible charity work without any official funding or role. I don't see what it hurts the royals to show some recognition for it. Certainly foes the hurt financially. And when she does charity work, she again and again shows she is an asset in helping the reputation of her family.

It isnt Halloween for a couple of weeks and that outfit is beyond awful it looks like she just threw on some stuff she just looks ridiculous. It isnt risque it's just bizarre and unattractive. It isnt like she doesnt have the time to put some effort in these things. But hey it got her attention.
But it WAS a Halloween Party - hence the costume.:flowers:

:previous: it's only dicey when it's an actual event like the butterflies. It was a Halloween party. You are meant to wear costumes and go crazy. I highly doubt she stood out at all, she may have been one of the tamer ones. If there is any time of the year she should be able to forget about press and just go wild clothes wise, it's Halloween. :)

:previous: Oh I agree. If it's a wedding Beatrice is going to think out her outfit as she did with her butterfly fascinator. The colours of her dress picked up all those gorgeous autumnal colours which looked terrific. Now if it's Halloween, the same principle applies . . . jump right in and do it.

To me it looked perfectly Halloween but for other's it's just another ensemble to snipe and snigger over. Shame that, missing out on the legitimate fun times when we are allowed to make idiots of ourselves.

Princess Beatrice was seen leaving Loulou's private Members Club in Mayfair, London, last night:

** Pic **

Princess Beatrice was seen leaving Loulou's private Members Club in Mayfair, London, last night:

** Pic **

Nice. I like the jacket. Good that it is something that you can wear on other days than on aHaloween-costume-party.

That's the same blazer that she wore to the Halloween party with the wig and all, right?

That's the same blazer that she wore to the Halloween party with the wig and all, right?
Why yes - yes it appears to be, the Sgt. Pepper's jacket sans the cat mask headgear.

Great seeing Beatrice involved with this new cause.must say I was surprised to learn IM Pei is still alive:ohmy:

I love the daily fail. Yes Beatrice made the paper. Surprise surprise the article is about her going out for dinner with a fashion figure. And article starts with her new job, holidays and parties. God forbid they actually mention why she is in New York, attending an UN event where she presented an award. But of course it is far more important to present her as a party girl and give people the impression she is once again on holiday. :bang:

This is why I do my own sleuth work when it comes to the York gal's events as the press seems to be unreliable in certain areas. They get things right occasionally but they always have to twist the events or they end up throwing the girls under the bus. I don't know why some royals enter their articles with the DM.

First PH and now Bea. So, basically the press thinks none of the royals can be only friends with the opposite sex. Why must the press assume a romantic relationships when people are single and with the opposite sex? On the other hand I like this costume better. This costume looks good on her. I swear the DM hires teenagers to write for them. That's the only logical explanation for these articles.

First PH and now Bea. So, basically the press thinks none of the royals can be only friends with the opposite sex. Why must the press assume a romantic relationships when people are single and with the opposite sex? On the other hand I like this costume better. This costume looks good on her. I swear the DM hires teenagers to write for them. That's the only logical explanation for these articles.

Think you answered your own question .. When people are young and single and with the opposite sex !!!

Well, they were both dressed sort of alike in black velvet as patriots & there is a photo of him touching her.
Interesting that if these were photos of Harry w/ some mystery woman w/in 24 hrs we'd know every.single.thing about her and more. But since it's Beatrice we don't even know his name.

Princess Beatrice attended the alice + olivia x Basquiat CFDA Capsule Collection launch party in New York City on November 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She doesn't get it
No, she probably didn't get it. An invite, that is. It's not like she could crash the engagement.

Hello said:
The Queen and Prince Phillip were also in attendance with several members of the royal family including Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife the Countess of Wessex.

Other royal family members who attended the event included Princess Anne and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Duke of Gloucester, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Honourable Lady Ogilvy.
No, our old mate Sebastian Shakepeare is making mischief again. William and Catherine were the only ones of that generation to attend. The rest were HM's children, their spouses and relations of HM's own generation. Neither Prince Harry nor Princess Eugenie were there either, but he failed to mention that . . . it would have ruined the sleazy attack on Princess Beatrice.

No, she probably didn't get it. An invite, that is. It's not like she could crash the engagement.

No, our old mate Sebastian Shakepeare is making mischief again. William and Catherine were the only ones of that generation to attend. The rest were HM's children, their spouses and relations of HM's own generation. Neither Prince Harry nor Princess Eugenie were there either, but he failed to mention that . . . it would have ruined the sleazy attack on Princess Beatrice.

Perhaps....but a little restraint on her part on occasions as somber as Remembrance Day would go a long way....

:previous: My father was a returned soldier and always said that in that when everything was closed on the morning of ANZAC Day, dawn and morning services were for Remembrance. In the afternoon, the shops, pubs and restaurants opened and it was time to celebrating the living.

I see no disrespect in Beatrice attending a nightclub. It is not as if she rolled out drunk and disorderly. The Royal Festival of Remembrance was not a "service". It would have been in Church if it was. Let's get real here, it as not as if the entire UK is required to go into mourning on Remembrance Day, nor do they.

It is very disheartening to see the return of the continual one-sided and more often than not, misleading, reporting on and sniping at Princess Beatrice.

:previous: My father was a returned soldier and always said that in that when everything was closed on the morning of ANZAC Day, dawn and morning services were for Remembrance. In the afternoon, the shops, pubs and restaurants opened and it was time to celebrating the living.

I see no disrespect in Beatrice attending a nightclub. It is not as if she rolled out drunk and disorderly. The Royal Festival of Remembrance was not a "service". It would have been in Church if it was. Let's get real here, it as not as if the entire UK is required to go into mourning on Remembrance Day, nor do they.

It is very disheartening to see the return of the continual one-sided and more often than not, misleading, reporting on and sniping at Princess Beatrice.

The second half of the Festival of Remembrance is most certainly a Service. A Drumhead Service is conducted by Clergy, in this case the respective ranking Clergy of the various Services and the Bishop (? Not sure what his rank is outside his post relating to the British Royal Legion) who is the Clergy Member for the British Royal Legion. It follows the format of any other Military Service I've either attended or watched over the years : Prayers, Readings, Hymns & Blessings.

If that's not a Service, then I'm not sure what is.

BTW, Military Services do not have to be in a Church for it to be an "Official Service". I've seen some head shakers on here, but this one is a new one.

As for your comment about Remembrance Day, I would certainly expect the entire UK at least stopped & took part in the 2 Minutes of Silence. Both out of respect, but also to mourn as well, as that is the least we can do.

Personally, I do have a problem w/Princess Beatrice not attending some Remembrance Events. At the very least she can attend Remembrance Sunday and appear on the Balcony w/Tim & the other Royal Women not taking part in Wreath Laying, but we never see her.

If she really does want to be a working Royal, she should start attending the events that aren't as glitzy as Trooping or Ascot.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree with everything you say Tiggersk8 - but surely if HM The Queen asked her to be there, she would be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom