The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If you are using the example set on the balcony during the Diamond Jubilee, I think that it doesn't point to Charles and how he wants his monarchy to be but rather it was done for the purpose of showing the continuity of the monarchy by just having the direct line to the throne present.

I imagine this year we'll see extended family members on the balcony for Trooping the Color. We just need to remember that the monarchy and the direct line to it is a totally different beast than the extended family and/or the working "Firm".

Beatrice and Eugenie are still somewhat immediate family as they are the granddaughters of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh but in time, they will be extended family members much like the Linleys and the Chattos are now. It happens as time passes and the family branches out.

We have to remember also that what is presumed that Charles wants is just that. A presumption. He's never stated publicly what he wants his monarchy to be like.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
William, Kate, Harry, and Andrew will have to step up to the plate. Philip and Elizabeth's daughter, Anne is just like her parents. Very hard-working royal. She does a lot of royal duties and engagements.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie will have to do some duties soon. They can't be party girls forever. They will have to prove to their uncle Charles and step-aunt-by-marriage Camilla that they can be future royals of duty. They have their own coats of arms for God's sake.

Beatrice and Eugenie are not "party girls", or at least no more than any person of similar age is entitled to be. They both have university degrees and careers, which, like everybody else's career, sometimes go well and sometimes not so well. Furthermore, the main reason why they don't do more royal/public work is that they have never been asked or allowed to do so.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Personally, I think both Beatrice and Eugenie are pretty happy with the way things are right now. They do what they want to do under their own terms.

Eugenie may be, but I think Beatrice has been drifting for quite some time. She is said to be building a business, but I doubt that will amount to much.
I think she is one royal who would truly love to be part of The Firm.

Instead of Andrew as the Queen's plus one, why not Beatrice?
Old 05-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Majesty

I think it would be wonderful if that was to be the case. Then again, Beatrice herself may not want to be officially part of the working "Firm". We really have no idea as she's never said anything publicly about it.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think it would be wonderful if that was to be the case. Then again, Beatrice herself may not want to be officially part of the working "Firm". We really have no idea as she's never said anything publicly about it.

It would be rather tricky for her to say anything publicly, one way or the other. As an HRH, she cannot simply say she's not interested in "working for the Firm", as it is more or less implied that HRHs must be available to do royal duties if called upon by the Queen. On the other hand, however, she cannot openly say she would like to do more royal work as that could sound like she is imposing herself, or second-guessing the Queen's current judgement about not giving her any official duty. Furthermore, she also risks a confrontation with Prince Charles if she sounds too "pushy".

Having said that, I feel she would like to do more and sometimes sends signals in that direction, not least through her father.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Courtier

How much ever she may love or favour him, I just can't see Andrew as her "plus one".. He just doesn't deserve that.. JMO..
Old 05-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

He is the obvious choice as he is single and thus doesn't have a partner at events.

If it is to be Charles then there would be fewer Charles and Camilla activities - or do all the males move up to partner the male above them's wives - William with Camilla, Harry with Kate and then Andrew with Harry's future spouse.

Surely it would be easier to have Andrew accompany the Queen on some of these occasions.

He may not be the most popular member of the family but he is one of the hardest working - despite the lack of press coverage.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Aristocracy

^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Eugenie may be, but I think Beatrice has been drifting for quite some time. She is said to be building a business, but I doubt that will amount to much.
I think she is one royal who would truly love to be part of The Firm.

Instead of Andrew as the Queen's plus one, why not Beatrice?
For what it seem quite a few people might be HM plus one to events. Although it's unlikely to happen. I think it would be lovely to have Beatrice or Eugenie as a plus one occasionally, even if its unofficial. I can picture Beatrice as a plus one with HM during royal maundy services, since she already accompanied them once to one before, but for all we know she may not want to work for the form full time, and is happy with her place
Old 05-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Majesty

The season is starting to approach where the Queen holds her garden parties. These are events that the York girls attend with the Queen and probably still will this year.

I'm inclined to believe that when it comes to official CC events that the Queen attends, it will be mostly the senior royals that will accompany HM.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
For what it seem quite a few people might be HM plus one to events. Although it's unlikely to happen. I think it would be lovely to have Beatrice or Eugenie as a plus one occasionally, even if its unofficial. I can picture Beatrice as a plus one with HM during royal maundy services, since she already accompanied them once to one before, but for all we know she may not want to work for the form full time, and is happy with her place

If she liked her place, she would holiday in Balmoral and not some stinky yacht.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Majesty

At 20 something, would one really rather prefer to hang out at Balmoral with the grandparents and the older set or be with their friends having fun?

I have no qualms about what my answer to that question would be.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been moved to Beatrice and Eugenie's fashion thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-40836.html

This thread is to discuss their possible duties within the royal family - their fashion choices have little to do with that.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about Princess Michael of Kent have been moved to the Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family thread.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Nobility

Posted by Iluvbertie on another thread, but this is more pertinent to this one:

(My bold)

Quote:
They are neither wanted or needed as working royals - either by the next couple of Kings or the British public (my two trips there in the last two years saw not one person speak with any liking for the girls - total 'wastes of air and space' was the most common comment I heard when I asked what people thought about them. No one I have ever spoken to in Britain or elsewhere in my travels who is British has ever had a good word to say about the girls - except for the British posters on here.

Even when I was at Trooping the Colour and they came past in the carriage the comments were scathing about the girls from everyone around me.
How absolutely mean about two girls who only ever smile politely and nicely when they see a camera, or are 'on show' like Trooping.

Quote:
I know there has been no 'confirmation' from BP or the BRF about the future role of the girls but the story about a slimmed down royal family has been doing the rounds now for close on a quarter of a century. The people will feel betrayed if Charles doesn't follow through with this idea now - rightly or wrongly. The press are in control and they have made it clear - good Diana's sons vs bad Fergie's daughters - and so no role for the girls.
The press indeed still have a large sway over the uninformed by writing crap and untruths and lies in popular women's (and other) magazines.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post

How absolutely mean about two girls who only ever smile politely and nicely when they see a camera, or are 'on show' like Trooping.

The press indeed still have a large sway over the uninformed by writing crap and untruths and lies in popular women's (and other) magazines.
I absolutely agree with this--I don't think people would be so biased against them if those wretched, mostly made up, stories weren't being peddled. It is cruel.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

what made up stories? I don't see anything harldy in the UK press about the York girls just the occasional boyfriend story. they aren't wanted on the royal duty roster, IMO because people would prefer a slimmed down monarchy, and the York girls are not needed. and they're not overly popular because of their parents and they themselves don't see to be doing anything to work against that. if they were seen as dedicatd to their jobs, there would be stories about it ad tey'd be better liked..
Old 08-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

Bea and Eugenie work. They have their own jobs. And occasionally participate in activities of the Royal House.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

well that's what is asked of them. that they do the odd activity as royals but that they are not full time royal wrokers. Charles almost certainly IMO wants to slim things down and not have to support the York girls all his life or leave them on Williams payroll when he is gone. So he wont be using them to do anything but the odd engagement. if they want to work at "real jobs" fine.. or if they want to be trust fund heiresses and socialites that's fine provided they do it in a moderate manner and don't get into scandals.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well that's what is asked of them. that they do the odd activity as royals but that they are not full time royal wrokers. Charles almost certainly IMO wants to slim things down and not have to support the York girls all his life or leave them on Williams payroll when he is gone. So he wont be using them to do anything but the odd engagement. if they want to work at "real jobs" fine.. or if they want to be trust fund heiresses and socialites that's fine provided they do it in a moderate manner and don't get into scandals.

Charles and William may end up supporting the girls anyway.
I don't know if they can be described as trust-fund heiresses; they did have trust funds at one point, but Fergie had access to them (who thought that was a good idea?)

There might not be anything left.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Bea and Eugenie work. They have their own jobs. And occasionally participate in activities of the Royal House.
Eugenie certainly has a job and works.
Beatrice, not so much, she seems to be following in her mother's footsteps & 'starting a business.'
In regards to Charles and William having to support the girls, Andrew lives quite well, so presumably the Queen has enabled him to accumulate the reserves that will be needed to support the girls in the future. I can't imagine a scenario where the girls would expect to be funded by Charles or William, nor would Peter, Zara, Louise or James. When George V died he left money to all of his children except David, I would expect the Queen will do so as well, & most likely already has via trusts as her mother did.

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles