Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 1: Discussion Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice and Eugenie are definitely not the right people to become working royals. I am the same age as Beatrice and have never heard a good word said about them here in the UK.

There is however a looming problem of a shrinking royal family, they have lost 3 of the main workers. I don't like Andrew much but he cartainly worked hard. The older royals are at full workload capacity and the Cambridges still have 3 young children.

The Wessexes will be vital in the coming years.

Beatrice and Eugenie are definitely not the right people to become working royals. I am the same age as Beatrice and have never heard a good word said about them here in the UK.

There is however a looming problem of a shrinking royal family, they have lost 3 of the main workers. I don't like Andrew much but he cartainly worked hard. The older royals are at full workload capacity and the Cambridges still have 3 young children.

I agree!

I used to grimace when I would read that Beatrice was making a late night of it at Chiltern Firehouse when just that afternoon she was helping hosting a garden party at BP.

Why wait in line at BP to meet Beatrice? Royals should be exclusive and elusive. Why wait in line when she will be on a local barstool a few hours later.

I agree!

I used to grimace when I would read that Beatrice was making a late night of it at Chiltern Firehouse when just that afternoon she was helping hosting a garden party at BP.

Why wait in line at BP to meet Beatrice? Royals should be exclusive and elusive. Why wait in line when she will be on a local barstool a few hours later.

But you'd see the same from Harry and William for years - they'd be at some royal function and a few hours later stumbling out of some pub. William stopped when he got married, Harry did it for years - remember Las Vegas? He stopped when he got married too. But who knows what he'll do now.

I saw this after I had made my last post...I don't know, I'm not familiar with other monarchies, how many engagements they have, etc...

I disagree about Harry - well, now it's moot, but before Megzit, he was always going to be part of Charles' slimmed down monarchy. I hate to see it slimmed down to remove Anne or Edward myself, but that's me being sentimental, lol.

Well, you're right - and perhaps they should all start thinking about this now.

I don’t believe Charles would remove either Anne or the Wessexes from doing engagements. He know their value.

It is also easy to forget that the monarch of Great Britain is also the Head of State of 15 other independent countries AND heads an organisation that represents around one-third of the world's population in the Commonwealth. That is why the BRF does need a few more workers than other royal families and republics but six to eight should be able to do it all. They don't need 15 or so as they have now.

The issue is that most of the working Royals are not young; how far do you really want to push them ? Granted, if they have anything like the health and longevity of the Queen, Philip and the QM, they could be strong for a long time, but they still need help.

I don’t believe Charles would remove either Anne or the Wessexes from doing engagements. He know their value.

I can’t imagine it either...and on a personal note, does he really want to push away his siblings? I know he did with Andrew, but that’s completely different.l.

I can’t imagine it either...and on a personal note, does he really want to push away his siblings? I know he did with Andrew, but that’s completely different.l.

I was under the impression that he got along with Anne and Edward but not Andrew. I don't know where I got this impression from.

Unfortunately too many people read tabloids and can't think fir themselves.

The girls are portrayed as empty headed party girls living off tax money. The charicatures of them on the Netflix show Windsors is how many see them.

The fact both have jobs,,......no one remembers.

Oh they joined the queen at an event p......out drinking at the bar that night

In NY presenting an award for the UN.........dinner with a designer

In Italy with Big Change running triathlon for charity.....holiday

On tour of India for eye charity......no coverage as no way to spin holiday

These girls do a lot. Problem is the royals give them no recognition and so it's easy for the press to sweep under carpet. If the royals actually aknowledged what they are already doing, win win for all. Beatrice and Eugenie get some much needed slack from the public. Their charities get proper recognition. And the royals are seen as having more hard working royals.

Once the British royal family was essentially The Queen, The Duke, Queen Elizabeth and Princess Alexandra. With in the periphery support from the Gloucesters and Princess Marina. It worked terrific. And that in a time when royals must be SEEN.

Now they are visible for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in all possible media. One can really argue if a royal family of 10+ or even 10+ persons with hundreds of patronages (from the Galloway Cattle to the Millinery Guild) have any meaning anno 2020.

No one was more loathed than Camilla. If it is decided to make one or both York princesses working royals, their lack of popularity should not be a showstopper, assuming that they have the thick skins it withstand the (possible) increased scrutiny.

P.S.
I actually think that if the York princesses are tapped into, it will likely be just Beatrice, not both.

I agree!

Hmmm yes, exactly like William and Henry were in their youth.

Double standards, don't work. :whistling:

But is anyone that interested in them?
Will patronages really be pleased to trade Meghan and Harry for Sophie and Edward? :ermm:

The York princesses are at least high-profile, even if the publicity isn't always positive.

At this point in time, I don't think either of the York princesses would want to step up into doing full time working duties for the "Firm". Or even part time. The conundrum would be that they'd both be put into the same situation as the Sussexes with the either/or option presented to them. Work for the "Firm" or "continue with personal careers earning an income".

Right now Beatrice and Eugenie have the best of both worlds. They're the granddaughters of the monarch and blood line princesses. They are also considered private citizens and have found careers that they do well for themselves in. They also personally support issues and charities and organizations that are close to their hearts just because they can. Both women most likely will be wanting to start and raise their own families.

I just don't see it happening at all. Edward and Sophie are already working royals for the "Firm" so its more plausible that they'd be the ones to take up some slack.

At this point in time, I don't think either of the York princesses would want to step up into doing full time working duties for the "Firm". Or even part time. The conundrum would be that they'd both be put into the same situation as the Sussexes with the either/or option presented to them. Work for the "Firm" or "continue with personal careers earning an income".

Right now Beatrice and Eugenie have the best of both worlds. They're the granddaughters of the monarch and blood line princesses. They are also considered private citizens and have found careers that they do well for themselves in. They also personally support issues and charities and organizations that are close to their hearts just because they can. Both women most likely will be wanting to start and raise their own families.

I just don't see it happening at all. Edward and Sophie are already working royals for the "Firm" so its more plausible that they'd be the ones to take up some slack.

Good points.

How much do Edward and Sophie do at this point ? The problem is, their kids are still young, well James is - but even so, Louise is not yet out of her teens. Therefore, I doubt they’d be willing to increase their workload...

Good points.

How much do Edward and Sophie do at this point ? The problem is, their kids are still young, well James is - but even so, Louise is not yet out of her teens. Therefore, I doubt they’d be willing to increase their workload...

they are pretty busy, but with the Sussexes gone there will have to be less work done or some of the working royals will have to do more. I don't see Charles using the Yorks.. they are not that popular, they bring the baggage fo Andrew and now they are both getting married and problably reluctant to take on a life of full tiem service.

No one was more loathed than Camilla. If it is decided to make one or both York princesses working royals, their lack of popularity should not be a showstopper, assuming that they have the thick skins it withstand the (possible) increased scrutiny.

P.S.
I actually think that if the York princesses are tapped into, it will likely be just Beatrice, not both.

I think that when I hear them talk about Meghan's poor treatment. They actually threw bread rolls at Camilla when she went shopping. They had the infamous phone calls they tapped into and you could call a 1-900 number and pay $1.99 to hear Charles say he wanted to be Camilla's tampon. When Charles and Camilla got married they sold shirts out front where Charles is riding a horse with Camilla's face.

Meghan's treatment seems light by comparison. So does the York sisters.

I know at William's wedding they made fun of Bea's hat. And they called them Cinderella's ugly step-sisters. And the DM back in the day worked hard to get them stripped of their security.

And both girls gave an interview like Harry and Meghan's where they cried and said that it was hard to be a royal they were constantly picked on.

And the Mail Online has gone after both girls. But now that they have Harry and Meghan in their sites I think they would leave them alone.

Once the British royal family was essentially The Queen, The Duke, Queen Elizabeth and Princess Alexandra. With in the periphery support from the Gloucesters and Princess Marina. It worked terrific. And that in a time when royals must be SEEN.

Now they are visible for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in all possible media. One can really argue if a royal family of 10+ or even 10+ persons with hundreds of patronages (from the Galloway Cattle to the Millinery Guild) have any meaning anno 2020.

The BRF don't need to have all those patronages or make all those visits. It's not a requirement of monarchy to have a set amount of voluntary activities. It could all be cut down to fit the number of working royals rather than seeking to maintain or expand that number to fit the existing 'work'.

In other words, the York Princesses are surplus to requirements because the workload can be cut down to fit a smaller (and ageing) group.

P.S.

I don't actually think the York girls would be tapped to step up, though I admit that I wish they would be given the option. I really think we'll see a much increased workload for Edward and Sophie but might also see a few more public events from the York girls just for the good publicity of being shown to be deeply invested in worthy causes. I really wouldn't even be surprised to see Louise tagging along on a few more engagements just to bring a younger face to the forefront. While I don't believe that Louise or James will ever be full time working royals I do see them, and the York girls, becoming somewhat of a public face for the younger generations by taking part in garden parties, occasionally fronting a worthy charity, etc.

And, on the off chance that the York girls are brought forward, I really hope that it will be both and not just Beatrice. While I'm sure she's perfectly lovely and competent, Eugenie has always appeared to be the more outgoing. I think both of their skill sets could be assets to the Firm and would hate to see only one of them brought forward.

I have spoken to many British people over the years and loathing for all of the Yorks is the best opinion anyone has of them. The idea of either of them being asked to represent the UK just isn't on as far as any of those I have spoken to - friends, family and total strangers alike. Scroungers, wastrels, brain-dead are the most positive comments I have heard them called even in a crowd of monarchists. I have never spoken to a British person who has a good word to say about either of them - the DM and the rest of the media have done their work well.

Well living here I can tell you everyone is pretty indifferent. And feel sorry for them because well their parents.

Well living here I can tell you everyone is pretty indifferent. And feel sorry for them because well their parents.

I think they're moving to background royals. They weren't ever popular, because Andrew and Sarah have been disliked for many years.. and the daughters iddn't seem to have cut the apron strings with their mother, so they shared thtat unpopularity. Niether of them seems to have done anything very noteworthy, Beatrice always changing jobs. Eugenie seemed a bit more settled but not that interesting. Now, I think with them getting married, the public and press are neutral on them.. they are not important.. they will appear in the papers now and again and will probably have babies in a year or 2.. they are just accepted as background royals and not really crtiicised any more but not greatly liked either.

I think they're moving to background royals. They weren't ever popular, because Andrew and Sarah have been disliked for many years.. and the daughters iddn't seem to have cut the apron strings with their mother, so they shared thtat unpopularity. Niether of them seems to have done anything very noteworthy, Beatrice always changing jobs. Eugenie seemed a bit more settled but not that interesting. Now, I think with them getting married, the public and press are neutral on them.. they are not important.. they will appear in the papers now and again and will probably have babies in a year or 2.. they are just accepted as background royals and not really crtiicised any more but not greatly liked either.

Beyond any further people of note...just the Cambridges. They well, especially if they have children, be in the media. Whether they do any more public work is for the family. But even the Phillips grandchildren are very exposed and in the media a lot especially at events. Savannah's a practical star.

I wonder if people don't take them seriously because of their...........quirky fashion sense and ridiculous hats? It would be unfair, but not surprising.

I wonder if people don't take them seriously because of their...........quirky fashion sense and ridiculous hats? It would be unfair, but not surprising.

Everyone’s dressed to some element of “quirky” in their lives, Beatrice turned her hat debacle into a PR win when she auctioned it for charity.

Beatrice and Eugenie are unfortunately indelibly tied to their parents legacy, which is not going anyway anytime soon. Instead of being able to carve a life for themselves within The Firm, they choice to take the quieter route and form well established careers for themselves which seems to work well for them. We must not forget that regardless of what’s been done by their parents, they are still the girl mother and father and you could never ask them to disown or distance themselves from their own parents.

In regards to the press however the girls, more now Beatrice on her own, as the media around Eugenie has significantly quietened down since she got married. In fact prior to Beatrice being spotted in the Alps for her friends wedding, where thankfully the title had nothing to do with the amount of holidays she may take for the first time in ages, she hasn’t been in the papers an awful lot and certainly not higher up in the news stories if she has been featured at all.

I think that when I hear them talk about Meghan's poor treatment. They actually threw bread rolls at Camilla when she went shopping. ......

That was a false story put out by the tabloids etc. According to the biographies I've read it never happened.

LaRae

I think Bea and Eugenie would be crazy to become working Royals for the family. Nothing like making yourself a big target...not to mention the issues from the inside.

LaRae

That was a false story put out by the tabloids etc. According to the biographies I've read it never happened.

LaRae

It may very well be a false story, I really have no idea and don't actually remember reading it at the time. However, what makes the biographies any more of a credible source? Just because they're bound books instead of tabloid magazines? There's an awful lot of false information to be found in bound books. Unless the book is an autobiography or an authorized biography that I'm unaware of (which is entirely possible) I don't know why they would automatically be assumed to be a more credible source.

It may very well be a false story, I really have no idea and don't actually remember reading it at the time. However, what makes the biographies any more of a credible source? Just because they're bound books instead of tabloid magazines? There's an awful lot of false information to be found in bound books. Unless the book is an autobiography or an authorized biography that I'm unaware of (which is entirely possible) I don't know why they would automatically be assumed to be a more credible source.

I forget which one, I've read a couple of them about her at least...but I do try to avoid the sensationalized ones. They gave detail in the book about it being false etc I just don't remember which book it was! I know the author was very pro-Camilla however.

LaRae

Everyone’s dressed to some element of “quirky” in their lives, Beatrice turned her hat debacle into a PR win when she auctioned it for charity.

Beatrice and Eugenie are unfortunately indelibly tied to their parents legacy, which is not going anyway anytime soon. Instead of being able to carve a life for themselves within The Firm, they choice to take the quieter route and form well established careers for themselves which seems to work well for them. We must not forget that regardless of what’s been done by their parents, they are still the girl mother and father and you could never ask them to disown or distance themselves from their own parents.

In regards to the press however the girls, more now Beatrice on her own, as the media around Eugenie has significantly quietened down since she got married. In fact prior to Beatrice being spotted in the Alps for her friends wedding, where thankfully the title had nothing to do with the amount of holidays she may take for the first time in ages, she hasn’t been in the papers an awful lot and certainly not higher up in the news stories if she has been featured at all.

Auctioning the hat off speaks a lot to Beatrice’s character - and in fact both she and her sister seem like fine young women. The same way the Queen could never abandon her son even though many seemed to want her to, of course Beatrice and Eugenie could never abandon their father. I think you’re right about them being attached to their parents’ legacy, and now that I think about it, having them be working Royals would be a distraction. Wherever they’d go, it would be all about their father.

In my opinion Eugenie's 'The Anti-Slavery Collective' is rather noteworthy. Unfortunately, it hasn't received that much of attention. Had more prominent royals done the same work, they would have been widely lauded for this initiative.

And her statement at her wedding about not being afraid to show your scars (in her case: from a scoliosis operation) most likely meant a lot for others who have visible scars either from scoliosis operations or resulting from other illnesses.

In my opinion Eugenie's 'The Anti-Slavery Collective' is rather noteworthy. Unfortunately, it hasn't received that much of attention. Had more prominent royals done the same work, they would have been widely lauded for this initiative.

And her statement at her wedding about not being afraid to show your scars (in her case: from a scoliosis operation) most likely meant a lot for others who have visible scars either from scoliosis operations or resulting from other illnesses.

I agree. These are incredibly noteworthy and laudable initiatives on Eugenie's part. And while I will say that I don't believe Beatrice has, on her own, taken on anything quite like the anti-slavery collective, I do believe that she's done some wonderful work on behalf of dyslexic children and others and should be commended for it. I suspect that if they had larger platforms with more media visibility their personal interests and initiatives could really take off and be something spectacular. I admit to having a bit of a soft spot for them, Eugenie in particular, but I'd really like to see them given the opportunity to step into the forefront if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom