Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to ask re baby Mia. Seven months old already and no sign of a christening !!! Isn't it usually well over by this stage. George was three months old when he was christened.

Have to ask re baby Mia. Seven months old already and no sign of a christening !!! Isn't it usually well over by this stage. George was three months old when he was christened.

Just because there has not been one reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Because Zara and Mike have no official role, there would not be any announcements like there was with the Cambridges.

Just because there has not been one reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Because Zara and Mike have no official role, there would not be any announcements like there was with the Cambridges.

I get that there would be no big announcements, or cameras as in the case of Prince George, but there were certainly plenty of photographs in Hello! etc… when Peter Philips kids were christened, and the Queen and Prince Philip were in attendance. It would certainly attain at least that same level of coverage in Zara's case.

I'm actually surprised that nothing has been reported about a christening for Mia.

They probably had the christening in March/April. The one time Mike said he saw George.

Funny that I was just thinking about the Christening today. No surprise that it would be private and low-key. However, I am surprised that there isn't even one little picture some place. I wonder if it has already or could take place at Crathie Kirk -- isn't that the 'lil church on/near the Balmoral estate?

It was probably in a church in Gloucester near Gatcombe.

There's also the possibility that they're not going to have a christening. Many choose not to have one these days.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I was wondering about this, I thought that I might have missed the news.

They probably had the christening in March/April. The one time Mike said he saw George.

Mike said that was at Highgrove and George was eating but was getting more food outside his mouth than in.

The christening gown is part of the BP summer exhibition so Mia's christening may have happen already. There was anything about Isla's and only one photo from Savannah's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I suspect that she was baptised privately, as was the case with Savannah where there was one or two photos afterwards - mainly because The Queen and Philip attended. We were told about Isla's as well but with Mia there is no need for any news. She is a long way down the line of succession and it would be a simple ceremony in a local church and not the Archbishop of Canterbury as George had. I am confident that she will be baptised, if she hasn't already been done, simply because her great-grandmother is the Supreme Governor of the CoE and would expect her descendants to be baptised. As the gown is in the exhibition if she hasn't already been baptised then she can't be done until October and she probably wouldn't even fit into the gown by then.

:previous: Sorry But I didn't get if the gown is or not in the exhibition:ermm:

christening: when?

We don't know but we are speculating that it has already taken place with no announcement or photos etc.

As the christening gown she would wear is in the exhibition at BP until late September/early October if she hasn't already been baptised then she would have to wait until then to use the family christening gown by which time she would be 9 months old and traditionally babies are baptised at three months or so so in all probability she was baptised around Easter with no fanfare or photos etc.

We only found out about Savannah's baptism with The Queen and Philip were spotted attending the christening service at the local parish church. There was more of an announcement for Isla's but still nothing much was released and Mia is further from the throne than either of her older cousins and certainly further than George.

The family, no doubt, have some wonderful photos of the occasions but none were released to the public - assuming the event has already occurred.

Princess Eugenie wasn't christened until she was 9 months old due to her father's military service. Reportedly they weren't able to do up the back of the gown.

Zara Phillips will see a familiar face in the opposition ranks when she saddles up for Britain in the World Equestrian Games – her father.
Captain Mark Phillips, 65, is helping to train the Belgium team for the two-week event, which starts in Normandy next Saturday.
Zara, 33, took a break from her hectic training schedule following the birth of daughter Mia in January, but she is now gearing up for the prestigious competition.

Zara Phillips will compete against Belgium side trained by her father | Mail Online

Zara Phillips battles the elements as she competes in the prestigious World Equestrian Games, but still manages a smile for the crowds

Read more: Zara Phillips competes in the World Equestrian Games, but still manages a smile for the crowds | Mail Online

At this moment (first day, first half participants perform dressage which is first of 3 events in eventing) Zara Phillips is in 21th place individually and team GB is in 1th place in the team competition (Zara rides for the team as well as individually).
Tomorrow is the second half of the dressage (currently about half of the 96 participating combinations have performed)

World Equistrian Games 2014:
after the second event in Eventing (the cross country) team GB has move up to 2nd place (just behind team Germany). Zara Phillips rode a fine cross country and moved up to 15nd place individually.

Thank you Dman for finding this and Land Rover for sponsoring it. In that opening shot all I could think is Louise!
She give a lot of credit to others, as is appropriate. This was a nice treat.

I give her a huge amount of credit for her hard work. However she has a tremendous advantage in having top of the line horses from the family breeding farms. She is rather chubby though, after Mia. But she seems a down to earth person.

High Kingdom - the horse she is currently riding wasn't breed by the Philip's though. She bought him from those who did breed him.

She had to then train him and that takes a lot of time and effort.

Money isn't enough in this sport - you have to have dedication and talent and Zara has both - not surprising when it is remembered that her father is an Olympic Gold and Bronze medallist in the sport while her mother also competed at the Olympics.

You also need some luck. Zara and her horse Toytown were on the British team for the Beijing Olympics but the horse got injured and they had to miss it.

Eventing is like a triathlon for horses, you have to do 3 different things with the same horse which is harder than just doing show jumping or dressage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Good for Zara and her team!!

Let's hope everything goes well for them today (jumping) and that the horses stay healthy, but then they have a good chance to medal :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom