Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruin there marriage? After what these two have been through, this story is nothing. It's being blown out of proportion because Mike's the Captain of the England squad and happens to be married to the granddaughter of the Queen.

Sorry I have missed something, "after what these two have been through"
Could you tell me more about this, what have they been through?
Newspapers have managed to cause break ups and strife with stories like this before, Stephanie of Monaco and Sarah come to mind, but we can only hope that Zara is not too hurt by this, it seems a bit soon after the big royal wedding to be just brushed off casually, but I sincerely hope it can.

Zara Phillips' husband Mike Tindall kisses and flirts with blonde in nightclub | Mail Online

Sorry its a cliche but the average IQ is not very high among such "sportstars".

It doesnt take rocket science to figure out that Mike Tindall is now even more of special interest for the paps and not only that this reflects badly on Zara and the BRF, it also, and this is much worse for him, disrupts the preperation for the England Team at the Rugby World Cup.
Martin Johnson, the coach, one of the few who actually have a brain in this sport, will once again be stunned that some people just cant concentrate on what they are supposed to do, playing rugby. And if you feel the need to party, do it in your hotel room and not in a Queenstown pub where you can be filmed on every thinkable ankle.

What we have is some footage of some horseplay between a man and a woman who are supposed to be friends.

I do think that the media is making too much out of this as are many people on here. Maybe Zara knows her man better than all of you and she actually trusts him - knows that he might engage in some harmless flirting but that it stops there. I find that most women who take offence of Mike's type of behaviour are so insecure in their marriage that the one essential ingredient is actually lacking - trust.

It must also be remembered that this was first reported in NZ - the host nation and favourite. Some gamesmanship is also involved I am sure - to distract the English squad and one of their best players in particular.

Sure the footage is there but if this was just a normal night at the pub in England do you think it would be getting this sort of coverage - I don't.

The Rugby World Cup is huge in NZ, with crowds of 60,000+ from a population of 4.5 million. Again yes there are many people from other countries there for this tournament but in non-Rugby nations many people don't realise how big this tournament is - something like the third largest international team competition in the world - behind the Football World Cup (soccer for the North Americans) and the Olympics - maybe the cricket world cup would have a larger TV audience due to the nearly 1 billion Indians and multiple millions of Pakistanis, Banglideshis and Sri Lankans.

There are the obvious nations of course - England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland (the only major game in which both Northern Ireland and the Republic play as one nation), South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, France and Italy but also Tonga, Samoa, USA, Canada, Georgia, Russia (for the first time), Argentina, Japan, Namibia, Fiji and Roumania. Outside of the top nations the others have to go through qualifying tournaments.

The USA beat Russia the other day by the way for anyone interested and Canada is to play France next I think while England is due to play Georgia on Sunday.

For anyone interested in learning some more about the World Cup:

Official RWC 2011 Site - Fixtures

By the way - I am a 'rugby tragic' so I am currently in 7th heaven (or as the rugby ads tell us supporting the 'game they play in heaven').

Zara Phillips' husband Mike Tindall kisses and flirts with blonde in nightclub | Mail Online

Sorry its a cliche but the average IQ is not very high among such "sportstars".

It doesnt take rocket science to figure out that Mike Tindall is now even more of special interest for the paps and not only that this reflects badly on Zara and the BRF, it also, and this is much worse for him, disrupts the preperation for the England Team at the Rugby World Cup.
Martin Johnson, the coach, one of the few who actually have a brain in this sport, will once again be stunned that some people just cant concentrate on what they are supposed to do, playing rugby. And if you feel the need to party, do it in your hotel room and not in a Queenstown pub where you can be filmed on every thinkable ankle.

I would disagree with rugby players as traditionally as well as now many of them are highly educated. Many have been doctors etc.

Rugby until the mid-90s was an amateur sport so having a full-time job besides rugby was essential. Even today it is more widely played at universities than many other sports and many of the university players then go onto

What was that old saying? Football is a gentleman's game played by ruffians and rugby is a ruffians game played by gentlemen. Quite right Iluv, it was considered an upper class game not that many years ago.
I only hope that Zara is as understanding as many of the people on this thread are.

I would disagree with rugby players as traditionally as well as now many of them are highly educated. Many have been doctors etc.

Rugby until the mid-90s was an amateur sport so having a full-time job besides rugby was essential. Even today it is more widely played at universities than many other sports and many of the university players then go onto

You are right that Rugby usually is the "gentlemen's sport", with more educated players attracting the more educated crowds (eg its allowed to drink alcohol in the stadium and fans of opposite teams mix with each other - no hooliganism) while footballers are the chavy guys who attract the chavs.

Having said that, most male sportspeople who do the "tough guys" sports, like football, rugby, cricket etc fall into the celebrity trap, there are lots of cases of rubgy players boozing, womanising, even doing drugs (Lawrence Dallaglio or Gavin Henson just being 2 examples) and in the social circles of team sports is simply a lot going on and usually stays there, in some cases even with knowlegde of the media.

Mike Tindall should have known better, no matter if it was harmless or not, not because of Zara, she knows best anyway, but because of tabloid coverage, he will be the perfect scapegoat if England have to go home early. This issue is as much blown out of porportion as it is unnecessary.

Firstly, to those that think this is the paparazzi beat up, forget it! It was security footage from a nightclub stolen by an employee of their Security firm. Like a lot of clips taken out of context it says different things to different people and the scummy little security man claimed the 'moral high ground' by announcing that he was posting it on You tube and not selling it to the media to shame Mike.

Needless to say that employee no longer has a job, the contract with the security firm has been terminated and the matter of the "stolen footage" is in the hands of the Police.

Iluvbertie, shame on you for even suggesting we would use such base actions to put the team off their game, particularly in such a personal swipe at the Captain and to have the nerve to call it gamesmanship! We prefer our action on the field, thank you very much!

As to slurs about professional sports people having low IQ's, well that really is very funny because they're laughing all the way to the bank as they are, in all probability, making a damned sight more money in a year than you mini Mensa candidates!

As to rugby, well that's one hell of a lot of tactics, game plans and teamwork all done on the fly for 2 40 minute halves of sheer adrenalin pumping action, and even greater tension, that rivets the fans and I for one am not going to let a bunch of moralising wowsers rain on my parade!

I am a one-eyed Cantabrian first, and All Blacks fan second, and in 7th heaven watching every game I can, be it Tonga, Japan, USA, Aussie, POM's or Kiwi's on the field!

Last edited:
Firstly, to those that think this is the paparazzi beat up, forget it! It was security footage from a nightclub stolen by an employee of their Security firm. Like a lot of clips taken out of context it says different things to different people and the scummy little security man claimed the 'moral high ground' by announcing that he was posting it on You tube and not selling it to the media to shame Mike.

Needless to say that employee no longer has a job, the contract with the security firm has been terminated and the matter of the "stolen footage" is in the hands of the Police.

I hadn't read that - do you have a link please/

Iluvbertie shame on you for even suggesting we would use such base actions to put the team off their game, particularly in such a personal swipe at the Captain and to have the nerve to call it gamesmanship! We prefer our action on the field, thank you very much!

Since when have New Zealanders been above such tactics? We all know the story - for 3 years and 10 months out of every 4 year cycle the All Blacks are the world's best but...come World Cup time and they have a choking history - and stooping to things like this to put another team off its game in search of the Webb-Ellis Trophy is possible - at least by the media if not by the fans.:D

As to slurs about professional sports people having low IQ's, well that really is very funny because they're laughing all the way to the bank as they are, in all probability, making a damned sight more money in a year than you mini Mensa candidates!

So true

As to rugby, well that's one hell of a lot of tactics, game plans and teamwork all done on the fly for 2 40 minute halves of sheer adrenalin pumping action, and even greater tension, that rivets the fans and I for one am not going to let a bunch of moralising wowsers rain on my parade!

Make that two of us - go Wallabies - do what you did in Brisbane and all will be sweet - you do remember Brisbane a few weeks ago don't you and the Tri-Nations finale (not to mention Brisbane and the Crusaders in the Super 15 - boy NZers must love Brisbane)

I am a one-eyed Cantabrian first, and All Blacks fan second, and in 7th heaven watching every game I can, be it Tonga, Japan, USA, Aussie, POM's or Kiwi's on the field!

Amen for that - go Wallabies (having a bit of trouble with Ireland at the moment but that won't last in the second half).

Last edited:
Marg - I think we need a new thread for the World Cup or Mike's current events might get overrun - although it is hard as he will be a major figure until late in the competition I suspect.

I hadn't read that - do you have a link please/
It was on page 3 of Christchurch's The Press this morning, complete with a photo of Mike arriving in Queenstown beside that of he and Zara getting into the car on their wedding day. Nice huh! (Sorry, all the on-line stuff has followed the inevitable downward spiral.)
Since when have New Zealanders been above such tactics?
Since never! Although we might be willing to make an exception in your case. Now, are we going to have to take this outside or what?
. . . . - you do remember Brisbane a few weeks ago don't you and the Tri-Nations finale (not to mention Brisbane and the Crusaders in the Super 15 - boy NZers must love Brisbane).
Fair crack of the whip. The Crusaders didn't get to play one home game all season. The stadium's munted and we're all relegated to watching the RWC on the big screen!

It was on page 3 of Christchurch's The Press this morning, complete with a photo of Mike arriving in Queenstown beside that of he and Zara getting into the car on their wedding day. Nice huh! (Sorry, all the on-line stuff has followed the inevitable downward spiral.)
Since never! Although we might be willing to make an exception in your case. Now, are we going to have to take this outside or what?
Fair crack of the whip. The Crusaders didn't get to play one home game all season. The stadium's munted and we're all relegated to watching the RWC on the big screen!

Yes it was bad that the Crusaders couldn't play at home all year and they did a great job to reach the final (and I tipped them to win but the result didn't affect the outcome of the tipping competition as the only person who could have caught me at that point also tipped the Crusaders). I thought it was wonderful that the two sides whose cities had suffered so much this year made the final - and Brisbane are still alive in the rugby league as well.

I refuse to post any comments about the Wallabies game this evening - would rather comment on the Davis Cup or even the cricket...:D

Iluvbertie said:
Marg - I think we need a new thread for the World Cup or Mike's current events might get overrun - although it is hard as he will be a major figure until late in the competition I suspect.

I created a thread for the Rugby World Cup in the In The News section.

That is most definitely not true of me. I just happen to loathe drunken-ness and the bad things that happen because of "horseplay." A case in point: just last weekend, a young well-liked, accomplished, professional man I knew fell from a ninth-story balcony and died because he was intoxicated and engaging in "horseplay." He left a broken-hearted family and a girlfriend who loved him dearly.

I find that most women who take offence of Mike's type of behaviour are so insecure in their marriage that the one essential ingredient is actually lacking - trust.

Well I must say Iluv that I do not take offence at Mike's behaviour, I just dislike people doing stupid things, whether because of alcohol or whatever other reason. Nevertheless it is not how any other women feel about this kind of behaviour or why, it is how Zara feels about it. Not many women feel good about being made a fool of (or man) and that is what has happend, he has been photographed and accused of bad behaviour in the popular press, it will be hard for him to live it down and hard for her being scrutinised to see how she is reacting and as she belongs to a family constantly being watched I doubt, unfortunately for her, whether this silly escapade will be forgotten that soon.

Regardless of how this turns out. If it his Mike.. then I think he is going to get an
"***-reaming" for this...

no other way to say it.. I guess. :cheers::hiding:

Poor form, Mike! Poor form.

Oh dear not a good sign so early on. Maybe Mike needs to remember his wedding made the papers around the world and isn't a secret. It looked more then just old friends meeting up. Zara will not be happy!

Newspapers have managed to cause break ups and strife with stories like this before, Stephanie of Monaco and Sarah come to mind, but we can only hope that Zara is not too hurt by this, it seems a bit soon after the big royal wedding to be just brushed off casually, but I sincerely hope it can.

It's not the fault of the newspapers that people sometimes give them ammunition.
Yes, the stories can be hurtful- BUT.

Are they true?
If so, then don't blame the messenger.

I think that the story sounds worse now that "witnesses" have come forward. If people saw and heard Mike doing these things, it sounds like more than harmless joshing with an old friend. Maybe he should cut back a bit on his drinking. I know that would be hard to do given the crowd he's with, but it might be best.

Yes, the stories can be hurtful- BUT.

Are they true?
If so, then don't blame the messenger.

What a shame! The marriage truly looks like a love match, yet he seems to be harassing that woman, then walking off arm in arm. Wonder what happened next?

I would not like to be MT when next he sees his mother-in-law. His nose won't be the only thing she recommends that he have fixed.

:previous: He might even get a nose job for free. :D

Zara married an English rugby player ...what did she expect??? I remain not surprised but disappointed for her poor choice he looked extremely uncomfortable at the interview yesterday and well he should. Bad form and he was caught....what could be worse.

People do see to get worked up pretty easily. Mike was caught having a bit of fun with a woman who is apparently a family friend. Even married people are allowed to have fun aren't they or are they supposed to be attached at the hip to their spouse at all times? Can't see any reason for him to explain anything to the general public. It not as if there was a sex tape showing them in bed together.

To my mind, it depends on whether what the witnesses said was in fact what happened. That's what's really damaging. IMO Joshing around with an old friend doesn't include a man putting his hand down her pants.:ermm:

Mike was caught having a bit of fun with a woman who is apparently a family friend. Even married people are allowed to have fun aren't they or are they supposed to be attached at the hip to their spouse at all times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom