The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The difference is that the wedding shots included ones of The Queen and other senior members of the BRF who felt that the were used by Peter and Autumn to make money for the newly weds.

This time there are two successful sportspeople doing what many other people in this situation would do as a means of earning money for themselves. I expected this as Mike and Zara have to earn a living and their major source of income these days is from sponsorships which means maintaining a high profile by selling themselves to the media, which is what they have done here.
I fully agree with you.

In my book, it is perfectly fine for Zara and Mike to raise some money by selling pictures of Mia. This is very different from the wedding of Peter and Zara when members of the BRF were included in the pictures that were sold.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I completely agree, for me Mike and Zara have every right to go down the Hello route as they are not working members of the RF and do not receive public money but even more so as both are famous sports personalities. If Mike wasn't married to Zara he would still be a former England rugby star and there have probably been a few of those appearing in Hello before and even without being the Queen's granddaughter Zara would still be a Olympic medalist and international winning horsewomen, again there are plenty of people with those credentials in hello and other such mags.

I doubt that Hello wanted to publish the pictures because Mike and Zara are sports personalities, though.

I expect they wouldn't have published them except for the Royal connection.

That's what makes it a bit iffy for me. It doesn't really bother me but I do think it's tacky (especially when there's always an outcry about the Middletons "cashing in" on their Royal connections).

Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

These are the kinds of pics I wished for George. She is adorable and her daddy is besotted
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I presume this would have been run by the Queen before going ahead.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I doubt that Hello wanted to publish the pictures because Mike and Zara are sports personalities, though.
Not true; Hello has lots of articles about sports personalities and their spouses.

I have no problem with the pictures in Hello. Zara is not Royal; she and her husband are well known sports people, Hello is not a tacky magazine and although i haven't read it (as it hasn't reached NZ yet), I'm sure it will be respectful and not sleazy as so many 'women's' magazines seem to be these days.

For such a robust-looking couple, little Mia looks quite delicate; I bet she grows up gorgeous.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is where there is obviously some confusion. Zara is as royal as her brother and her cousins William, Harry, Beatrice, Louise and James as they are all the Queen's grandchildren and they all feature near the top of the succession list. That they are not "titled" is irrelevant, that they are making their way as private citizens is.
Actually, no. You're incorrect here. Zara and her brother are not royals. They are descended from royals and are closely related to royals, but like Princess Margaret's children, they themselves are not royals.

In Britain it is clearly established who is and who is not a royal. There are 5 ways you can be a royal:
  1. You are the monarch
  2. You are the child of the monarch
  3. You are the male-line grandchild of the monarch
  4. LPs have been issued creating you a royal
  5. You are a woman married to a man who meets one of the above conditions
Neither Zara nor Peter meet any of these conditions. Yes, it is the result of sexism within the institution as they are grandchild of the monarch, but the fact still remains that they themselves are not royal. Being a member of the overall family and being in the line of succession does not make one royal - heck, being in the line of succession means very little given as there are thousands of people in the line of succession.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

I like that Mia has already been introduced to the horse. (and the dogs)

She looks dainty in most of the pictures. The picture on the coverage being the exception.

I also see no problem with them having the pictures in Hello.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I have no problems with this and I can't understand why people would. They aren't royal and the need to make a living. And they haven't included any other members of the family. I love seeing Mia and Zara and Mike look over the moon. I love these pictures they look natural and just so happy.
Agree 100%!!! The sentence in bold says it all, plus they are sports celebrities in their own right.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Nobility

Baby Mia Tindall is soooo lovely and adorable
She is mini Zara!
I'm so happy to see the happy family photos
Old 02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Royal Family remain 'great currency' for magazines-
ITN News » Royal Family remain 'great currency' for magazines

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
RICHARD KAY: Zara faces a dilemma: Is she a Royal or a B-list celebrity?
RICHARD KAY: Zara Phillips faces a dilemma: Is she a Royal or a B-list celebrity? | Mail Online
Old 02-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Courtier

No Richard Kay she doesn't face a dilemma. She is not a royal she is relatated to the royals. In my mind Royals are with HM or HRH titles not someone with no title at all. She has virtually no chance of being Queen so in mind she can do whatever she likes as long as it's legal.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
No Richard Kay she doesn't face a dilemma. She is not a royal she is relatated to the royals. In my mind Royals are with HM or HRH titles not someone with no title at all. She has virtually no chance of being Queen so in mind she can do whatever she likes as long as it's legal.
I agree, Zara has no dilemma. She knows exactly who and what she is. Richard Kay has the dilemma or maybe he is just a trouble stirrer. Odd
Old 02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree, Zara has no dilemma. She knows exactly who and what she is. Richard Kay has the dilemma or maybe he is just a trouble stirrer. Odd
Always has been.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, I hope he never crosses Mike. Well, he may have already crossed Mike as he has trivialized his wife.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Just for the record (mainly because Richard Kay makes me mad!) - these are the accomplishments of an apparent "B list celebrity)

All for Eventing

- Individual and Team Gold in Euro. Championships 2005

- Individual Gold at World Championships 2006

- Team Silver at World Championships 2006
This meant she was reigning World Champion 2006-2010

- Team Gold Euro Championships 2007

- Team Silver at Olympic Games 2012

Old 02-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't really understand why some of us are complaining, lots of royals have similar photoshoots in Hello!, Sophie and Freddie Windsor, Prince Edourd and Princess Isabella of Ligne (Belgium) and Lady Helen Taylor are just a few examples.

Mia is a very sweet baby, I love her heart babygro and her fluffy hair is adorable. There's a lovely photo in the magazine of Mia looking up at Mike in an "I'm unsure about this" way. It will be interesting to see if she grows up to be an Olympian like her mother and grandmother, or takes up a different career.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

mia is adorable! I love zara life style!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't find the thread of general information: Does Michael have siblings? if so, are they married or have children? I know that his father is named Phil. Is that a nickname like Mike or his proper name? Thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I can't find the thread of general information: Does Michael have siblings? if so, are they married or have children? I know that his father is named Phil. Is that a nickname like Mike or his proper name? Thanks
His father's name is Philip.