The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's been three months since i browsed this site. and been looking at the pictures in this forum. i have observed that they are not holding hands anymore. they used to be like the sweetest couple. i hope they are okay. as a couple i mean.

it's been three months since i browsed this site. and been looking at the pictures in this forum. i have observed that they are not holding hands anymore. they used to be like the sweetest couple. i hope they are okay. as a couple i mean.

Don´t worry,they still hold their hands.:flowers:;)
I think they are one of the most solid and in love couple that I have seem between royalty.

Don't worry, my friend and her husband saw them in person in Spain two weeks ago and they were definitely holding hands and he had his arm around her as they talked to a few in the crowd. She commented that he always seemed to be touching her when she was near him. She was actually surprised at how pretty Letizia was in person [which her husband kept commenting on] and it was Felipe that would always look at Letizia lovingly and not the other way around as we so often see in pictures. Anyway, she is sending me her photos and I will try to get someone to enter on computer.

It just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time.

A few months ago people were complaining that they held hands TOO much and were unprofessional etc even though it's usually praised when other couples do the same thing.

They are still holding hands, here´s a couple photos from the days in Oviedo:
Holding hands last Saturday:
El Comercio Digital
Holding hands last Thursday, originally posted by Paty
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200810230077053thmbgtj2.jpg

Still some photos from Oviedo, the princes visiting Letizia´s old school:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8712/ipa200810230077052thmbgri9.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8828/ipa200810230077051thmbgdh9.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1359/k142640055fl6gb0.jpg

It just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time.

A few months ago people were complaining that they held hands TOO much and were unprofessional etc even though it's usually praised when other couples do the same thing.

Agree. Hold hands or not, what's the deal ? :) Never understand the complains of them holding hands.

Please don't start that old "Holding hands in public, yes or no?"- discussions again!
Please stay on topic!

Paloma had always looked quite attractive when she dressed up, wore makeup and hair styled. She is an older woman, of course looked different from when she was casually dressed without makeup. The infantas also looked quite different too with or without makeups.

Paloma at last year's PoA awards (2007) with grandma.
http://i18.tinypic.com/3zgx65d.jpg

The Prince of Asturias Awards 2009

THE CALL FOR THE 2009 PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS NOW OPEN

The Prince of Asturias Foundation has begun distribution of the pamphlet containing the official announcement for candidatures and rules for the 2009 Prince of Asturias Awards. Thus, the period for presenting candidatures for these Awards - which are all international in scope and which are now being held for the twenty-ninth time - is open. This pamphlet is sent to research centres, academies, universities, the diplomatic corps and major figures world-wide.​

The prince of asturias awards laureates have been incorporated into google earth.

Google, 2008 Prince of Asturias Awards Laureate for Communication and Humanities, has posted all the Prince of Asturias Awards laureates of the last 28 years on their search tool Google Earth. Information about the individual winners, groups and organisations will also be added.

THE PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS LAUREATES HAVE BEEN INCORPORATED INTO GOOGLE EARTH

OVER 200 CANDIDATURES FROM THIRTY-FOUR COUNTRIES IN CONTENTION FOR THE 2009 PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS

OVER 200 CANDIDATURES FROM THIRTY-FOUR COUNTRIES IN CONTENTION FOR THE 2009 PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS

MORE GIVE 30. OOO LETTERS OF SUPPORT FOR THE PRIZES PRINCE OF ASTURIAS, IN ITS 29TH EDITION

The Foundation Prince of Asturias has received already more than 30.000 letters of support, proceeding of the any world, to more than 200 candidacies presented up to the moment for the Prizes Prince of Asturias, in its twenty-ninth edition. Between the senders chiefs and ex-chiefs of State are, ex-prime ministers rewarded with the Prizes Prince of Asturias and Nobel prize, as well as diplomatic representatives and academic personalities of the whole world.

MÁS DE 30.OOO CARTAS DE APOYO PARA LOS PREMIOS PRÍNCIPE DE ASTURIAS, EN SU VIGÉSIMO NOVENA EDICIÓN

OVER 30,000 LETTERS OF SUPPORT FOR THE 29TH ANNUAL PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS

OVER 30,000 LETTERS OF SUPPORT FOR THE 29TH ANNUAL PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
THE JURY MEETING FOR THE PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARD FOR THE ARTS 2009

The meetings of the jury responsible for awarding the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts, the first of eight international awards that will be bestowed by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, will be held on May 19th and 20th. The awards will be bestowed this year for the twenty-ninth time in their history.

There are 27 nominations in the running for this Award from Austria, Brazil, Cuba, France, Italy, Peru, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States, Russia and Spain.

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/ing/01/noticia858.html

The architect Norman Foster, Prize Prince of the Arts 2009

La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias - Sociedad y Cultura - El arquitecto Norman Foster, premio Príncipe de las Artes 2009

New web for the Foundation

http://fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/en/

You can follow the minutes of the Jury live broadcast here, at 12:00h (10:00h GMT)​

Last edited:
great! i love norman foster, he totally deserves the price. i'm very glad and look forward to seeing the pictures in oviedo. maybe he is encouraged by the prize to construct something in spain or asturias?

quote of norman foster on oviedo

NORMAN FOSTER
Architect. 2005
“Oviedo is an extremely well-looked after city, clean and civilised, with a very high quality of urban life”

great! i love norman foster, he totally deserves the price. i'm very glad and look forward to seeing the pictures in oviedo. maybe he is encouraged by the prize to construct something in spain or asturias?

Norman Foster already has several works in Spain, and also several projects in construction as the City of the Justice of Madrid.

The prize opens the possibility in order that in a future he will do a project in Asturias, but I do not believe it possibly now, maybe in a few years. Asturias is a small community, and at this moment Calatrava's Conference hall and a Cultural Center of Oscar Niemeyer are in construction, two architects Prize Prince of Asturias of Arts.

Norman Foster, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts

The characteristics that distinguish Foster’s work are his constant compromise with the noblest values in architecture, his open approach to innovation, his thoroughness in all phases of a project, his use of state-of-the Art technology, the magnitude of his career and his compliancy with the principles of sustainable development.

The Prince of Asturias Foundation

Asturias is a small community, and at this moment Calatrava's Conference hall and a Cultural Center of Oscar Niemeyer are in construction, two architects Prize Prince of Asturias of Arts.

Lula, the conference hall by Calatrava that is in construction, will be called Princess Letizia Concert hall, right?

Norman Foster, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts

Norman Foster, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

Minutes of the jury

Trajectory

Statements

Norman Foster Wins Prince of Asturias Award
Norman Foster Wins Prince of Asturias Award - ARTINFO.com

U.K.’s Norman Foster Joins Bob Dylan as Spain Arts Prize Winner
U.K.’s Norman Foster Joins Bob Dylan as Spain Arts Prize Winner - Bloomberg.com

Video
British architect Norman Foster wins arts award in Spain - Prince of Asturias Awards : news, world | euronewshttp://www.euronews.net/2009/05/20/british-architect-norman-foster-wins-arts-award-in-spain/

The jury meeting for the Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation 2009

The meetings of the jury responsible for awarding the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation, the second of eight international awards that will be bestowed by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, will be held on May 26th and 27th. The awards will be bestowed this year for the twenty-ninth time in their history.

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/en/press/news/cooperation-jury-2009/

2009 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation

Minutes of the jury

The Word Health Organization, Prince of Asturias Award laureate for International Cooperation

The WHO is considered one of the most respected international institutions for its efforts towards the coordination and cooperation between countries in health matters. Since its establishment, it has contributed towards the eradication of pandemic diseases such as smallpox, the reduction of cases of poliomyelitis by more than 99%, the prevention and control of infectious diseases such as aids, tuberculosis and malaria; the reduction of child mortality rate; and the detection and management of epidemic outbreaks worldwide.

The Word Health Organization, Prince of Asturias Award laureate for International Cooperation - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

The jury meeting for the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences

28 nominations from 14 different countries are in the running for this award, the third of eight international awards that are bestowed each year by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, and which are now in their twenty-ninth year.

The meetings of the jury responsible for awarding the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences, the third of eight international awards that will be bestowed by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, will be held on July 3rd and 4th. The awards will be bestowed this year for the twenty-ninth time in their history.

The jury meeting for the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

David Attenborough, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences

British naturalist David Attenborough has been bestowed with the 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences. The Jury for the Award announced its decision today in Oviedo.

Considered one of the most outstanding science broadcasters in the world and a pioneer in wildlife documentary filmmaking, naturalist David Attenborough has contributed enormously to our knowledge of nature and its conservation.

David Attenborough, Premio PrÃ*ncipe de Asturias de Ciencias Sociales 2009 - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

Video of the Speech by H. R. H. the Prince of Asturias, at the 2004 Prince of Asturias Awards Presentation Ceremony. Campoamor Theatre.

The orience give a very warm wellcome to Princess Letizia, as it was the firts time she attended the Presentation ceremony.
You can see it at the begining of the video

(Subtitled in english)
Speech by H. R. H. the Prince of Asturias, 2004

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom