Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

First official events

King Felipe

Office with the Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy Brey
Zarzuela Palace

King Felipe and Queen Letizia

Meeting with representatives of associations and foundations of victims of terrorism
Zurbano Palace

Old 06-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

I am a little behind, watching the ceremony now, I LOVE the closeness of this family. Queen Letizia is so loving with her husband and girls. I love the way she continued to reassure both Princesses during the entire event. I love this family!!

Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Reception

Recepción en el Palacio Real

Las invitadas más elegantes en la recepción del Palacio Real - Terra España

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...rey-felipe-VI/
Old 06-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some brilliant images from PPE

PPE Agency
Old 06-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Princess (now Queen) Letizia has been criticized though in the past for being too protective of her daughters and shielding them too much from public events.

I know that is a controversial topic, but I personally prefer the way princess Victoria and prince Daniel for example are raising princess Estelle. By the time she is the same age as Leonor is now, she will be so used to public ceremonies that it will have become second nature to her. Even princess Catharina-Amalia or princess Elisabeth of Belgium seem more at ease with public attention than infanta (now princess) Leonor.

And yet both girls were great today and seemed quite comfortable (but not totally polished). Plus, what I liked was that they felt comfortable with their parents as parents-they could look at mom with questions, and both F and L gave them little looks of love and encouragement.

IMO they've pursued a different strategy than V and D because of the nature of the press in Spain.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Nobility

What a great occasion, this is one of my best royal-watching experiences. The family performed exceptionally well. Felipe's speech was great. Letizia being the supportive consort she is. The girls were very well behaved. It's a very touch moment when they all greeted the people from balcony/the family listened to the anthem on podium. Wonderful.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

I thought it was wonderful how loving and supportive they seemed of each other, the whole family. Letizia touching Leonors cheek, Felipes speech about his mother, Felipe and Letizia holding hands.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

Anything about official pics?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Even princess Catharina-Amalia or princess Elisabeth of Belgium seem more at ease with public attention than infanta (now princess) Leonor.
If i'm not mistaken Amalia is 2 years older and Elisabeth 4 years older than Leonor...at that age, that's quite an age-gap. I'm sure both spanish princesses will start to participate more in public events now their parents are K&Q, just like in the NL..
Old 06-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Everything done so Nice & very Touching moments , Queen Letiza looks so elegant very happy & King Felip looks so King & truly nervous , it must be difficult for him too to taking his father place while his father beside him ,, I touched a real hidden sadness on Queen Sophia face , The two little princesses looks great , Very Nice cornoation ceremony
And the Nice thing the Spanish People celebrating & looks happy for their New King
Wish all the Best for Spain ^_^
Old 06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Felipe looked so kingly
I love this photo of him:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/450...f9A8bF1t%2fcOl

Old 06-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
What hit me most was when they were waiting to get in the cars and it seems the King and Queens roles took a backseat for a moment and they were just Dad and Mom when the girls came out. Especially Letizia, walking them to their care and making sure they were okay. Very touching.
That scene got to me as well and actually had me laughing. The cars were ready, the King was waiting on the steps almost pacing and even looking at his watch once but there was no sign of the rest of the family. Of course, I don't know what was really going on but I could picture it in my head. Family is going somewhere - Dad is ready to go - Mom is in the house making sure the kids all go the the bathroom before they leave. I can't tell you how many times that played out in my own childhood - only my Dad would have been sitting in the car! No matter how grand - somethings never change.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
That scene got to me as well and actually had me laughing. The cars were ready, the King was waiting on the steps almost pacing and even looking at his watch once but there was no sign of the rest of the family. Of course, I don't know what was really going on but I could picture it in my head. Family is going somewhere - Dad is ready to go - Mom is in the house making sure the kids all go the the bathroom before they leave. I can't tell you how many times that played out in my own childhood - only my Dad would have been sitting in the car! No matter how grand - somethings never change.

Ha!! And if you were a little later coming out my Dad would have pulled the car halfway down the driveway!! I know that feeling well. Of course I have inherited this trait. I'm the one waiting on my husband especially on Sunday mornings.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Felipe looked so kingly
I love this photo of him:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/450...f9A8bF1t%2fcOl
Looking very much His Majesty!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thank you for posting those wonderful photos. Some, I have never seen before on other sites.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

They are the perfect family! I'm astonished by the beautiful pictures and the love between them. I just wish the girls had been a bit older!
Good luck to the new King & Queen!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Translated speech:
https://translate.google.es/translat...-text=&act=url

At home, we thought that the speech was very good, and I personally think that the ending was brilliant. Felipe delivered it so well, He really was feeling those words:

Quote:
"Cervantes said in Don Quixote: A man is not more than another unless he does more than another.

I feel proud of the Spaniards, and nothing would honor me more than, with my daily work and effort, the Spaniards could be proud of their new King"
And he ended saying "Thank you" in all the Spanish languages: Castilian, Catalan, Galician and Basque

Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Standing Ovation for H.M.Queen Sofia

Homenaje a la reina Sofía el día de la proclamación de Felipe VI
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

His Excellency,Don Felipe de Marichalar was also at the Proclamation Ceremony today,never spotted him.

Felipe Juan Froilán de Marichalar, el único sobrino de los Reyes Felipe y Letizia presente en la proclamación - Bekia

The sisters of King Juan Carlos,TRH The Infantas Pilar & Margarita with her husband,H.E.Don Carlos Zurtita,Duke of Soria.

http://www.bekia.es/realeza/fotos/ga...scurso-felipe/
Old 06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've been busy for most of today so didn't get a chance to watch the ceremony live, although I have seen clips of it from the links lula provided. I'll try and watch the full ceremony when I have more time on my hands.

I was pleased to see that there was a lot of support for the new King and Queen. The moment when Felipe stood up in the car and the crowds started clapping and cheering made me smile. I don't think I have a favourite photo from the event. I liked how there were a lot of warm moments between the family and it was quite touching to see the photos of Juan Carlos and Felipe embracing each other.

And Leonor and Sofia were of course adorable, as always. I guess I can't really refer to them as the Two Infantas any more, since Leonor is now a Princess. This may be just me, but I thought the balcony appearance might have been a little overwhelming for her (Leonor). That's understandable though, as most probably knows that she will be next. Also, I do believe that it's their first appearance on the balcony, so Leonor wouldn't be used to the noises or feeling of standing up high.

I wonder where Victoria Federica was. I understand that she goes to boarding school in England, although it would've been nice if she could be taken out of school for today. After all, it is her uncle's coronation, which is a very special, memorable and joyous event. I'm also more curious about her absence since her brother Felipe Frolian was there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, princess of asturias, proclamation, queen letizia