Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus said:
I am almost sure that they will choose Érika as the name of the infanta, due to the circumstances.

I'm totally agree, Letizia loved her sister so much, so I think Erika is gonna be the name of the baby

I believe that they will put it of original name one that we did not imagine like passage with Leonor.:flowers:

I'm totally quite sure that the Princes of Asturias DON'T call their new little baby Erika.

It's a simple respect for the Letizia' sister. You can find it's an hommage to call a baby with the name of woman who was so unhappy to live.

What a terrific weight for this little girl! be serious!

I agree with you! it would be horrible!

I would like that they call her Beatriz,or.... Patricia...like me:lol:

Quite sure there will be 'Erika' in her name, but it will not be the first name. I really like the name 'Juanita.'

Eva-Britt said:
Quite sure there will be 'Erika' in her name, but it will not be the first name. I really like the name 'Juanita.'

I don't know... Leonor has only one name, so I think the new baby will have only one name, too.

I like Lorena.. but it guess they'll go again with a name like Leonor with history and tradition. :)

I don't think they would choose Juanita, because there seem to already be too many of those, with the King, Infanta Cristina's oldest son and Infanta Pilar's oldest son, as well as middle names for Pilar, Margarita and Elena's sons/grandsons. Federica/Frederika/etc probably not, since it is Victoria's name too.

I would have liked Eugenia, but Luis Alfonso has already used this, but I think Sofia, Maria, Lola or Gabriela would be very nice. Sofia, not only for the present queen, but for her grandmother, the Queen of Greece. That way, the two little Borbon girls born this year will both carry the names of their great-great-grandmothers.

infanteleonor said:
fed"erika" federika

That is a very nice suggestion. It is a nice name and it shouldn't cause problems, as her cousin Victoria Federika is probably named Victoria in daily life right? I really love this name infanteleonor :flowers:

Wasn't Beatriz the name of Petrach's love? I love that story!

Beatriz would be lovely!!!

Erika would be, imo, a very bad decision. The poor girl would carry with her, all her life, the heavy memory of his unhappy aunt.

Juanita is a nickname, not a real name. Juanita means "little Juana", so I don't think the Princes would choose it. But I agree it's a sweet and tender name :)

My options go to Catalina or Carolina.

I think she'll have only one name just like her older sister, maybe: Infanta Catalina de Todos los Santos de Borbón Ortiz, I kinda like that name:flowers:

i think Erika after her late sister.... or maby the name will start with L like Leonor

I think that the little girl will be call Federica

Last edited:
Today I read book about some queens of past and I found some really lovely royal spanish names like Mercedes, Maria Cristina, Marie Louise a Leopoldine.
I really hope that they'll choose name Mercedes. It sounds really nice :)

How about Fernanda? Is it popular name in Spain now?

mims111 said:
Today I read book about some queens of past and I found some really lovely royal spanish names like Mercedes, Maria Cristina, Marie Louise a Leopoldine.
I really hope that they'll choose name Mercedes. It sounds really nice :)
As nice as Mercedes is, I imagine it is today commonly associated with a car brand unfortunately, hence I don't think a Spanish royal baby should have that name.:ohmy:

I agree with a much earlier post that the combo of Leonor and Isabel sounds good. I also don't think Mercedes makes a good royal baby name. Though it's a nice name it's just known as a car nowadays. I also like Federika and Antonia. Or maybe Angelique? Sorry it just came to me as I was sitting here typing so I'm not sure of its origin and whether it would be appropriate for a Spanish royal. However, I don't think of the name Leonor as reserved for Spanish babies either. It sounds good as the name of a spanish royal but it doesn't scream spanish royal, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
after doing a little research

Alright I just did a little research b/c in my previous post I mentioned the name Angelique that is actually French so maybe that isn't appropriate for a Spanish royal. But Angelica is Latin. I also noticed these names and thought they were all pretty: Anastacia, Ana, Adriana(love this one), and Arabela(spelled with one L it's classified Spanish). I've seen the name Arabella also in the Dutch thread for W-A and Maxima's 3rd baby.

Yes, as you can tell I only looked up A names. But when I first went to the web site the name of the day on the main page is Madrid. I thought it was kind of ironic since my purpose at the babynames web site was to do research for a Spanish royal's name.:ROFLMAO:

Aurora810 said:
I agree with a much earlier post that the combo of Leonor and Isabel sounds good. I also don't think Mercedes makes a good royal baby name. Though it's a nice name it's just known as a car nowadays.
I agree [sorry to however suggested the name mercedes]. Mercedes in Australia would be associated with the car brand and as well as a sister, Mercedes Corby, of a convicted drug crimminal, Schappele Corby. To all Australian members, you might be familiar with the Today Tonight, Jodie, and A Current Affair, Mercedes, fiasco. Jodie, suggesting that Mercedes did coke, emphatamine, ice and cannibis and had links to bikie gangs and was responsible for putting her own sister in a Bali jail. Sorry to drag the attention away from the baby name game for a second. I just thought that F+L would consider these facts/elements into their choice of name, and that Cp. Mary's relatives live in Aus. and would be familiar with the whole thing, as well as Mary. Wouldn't want a friend to imagine your daughter as a druggie, would you?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how important it is that the name be of Spanish origin or is it not important? I'm tyring to think of examples in the SRF and I really think that all names are of Spanish origin. I think keeping the H out of Cristina makes it more Spanish. The only other name at the moment I can think of that isn't Spanish is Victoria. And Letizia herself. It's the spelling of Letizia's name that is actually Italian and not Spanish is what I've read.

Mari_* said:
I like Lorena.. but it guess they'll go again with a name like Leonor with history and tradition. :)
I kinda like Lorena. It fits well with Leonor. 6-letters, both beginning with the letter L. 50-years now, spanish kids won't have that much trouble in figureing out who [if Leonor does become queen] was the was the sister of Queen Leonor I. A neumonic L3 [descent of Queen Letizia-Queen Leonor-Infanta Lorena].

Maybe Gabriela, It is an elegent name, and very regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom