King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the movie was available in a English or English subtitled version. I would love to see it.

According to Spanish magazines, the first cooperation trip of Queen Letizia will be the last week of May to a country in Central America.

Crown princess Margarita of Romania gave an interview to spanish ABC. He said about king Felipe:
My cousin Felipe VI, for example, is an inspirational figure for all the kings, because he is a young and very active monarch and the Prince of Asturias Foundation is a success. I'm older than him, so I can not say we're friends. But I have a beautiful relationship with Queen Sofia and I can say she was always extremely kind to us. Margarita also has kind words for Doña Letizia, whom she describes as "a great asset to the Spanish Crown."
Margarita de Rumanía «De niña jugaba a indios y vaqueros con Carlos de Inglaterra» - ABC.es
Translation

Luz Valero has done her hair for important occasions since she married, she was her wedding hairdresser. She works in TVE where Letizia met her, she doesn't work for the Queen full-time.

Luz Valero has done her hair for important occasions since she married, she was her wedding hairdresser. She works in TVE where Letizia met her, she doesn't work for the Queen full-time.

Excerpt from the article above in reference to the Queen Letizia's hairdresser:
"Se desplaza casi a diario a las seis de la mañana hasta Zarzuela y viaja con ella" translation: "She goes almost daily at 6:00 am to Zarzuela and travels with her". (It sounds like this lady has a Big second job working for the Queen)

Many happy years and away from scandals.

How is Letizia as a parent? Strict, loving, casual, formal? In watching the video of KJC's abdication and the subsequent swearing in of Felipe, it looked as though she didn't take her eyes off of the girls as though she was afraid they would do something embarrassing. In fact, at one point, she made a subtle gesture to one of them, placing her hands together as a signal I presume for them to not sit with their legs spread apart. She is constantly smoothing their hair, which is a loving gesture, until it becomes obsessive. Felipe seems more relaxed with the girls where as Letizia seems so aware of the cameras, probably because of her background in television. Any thoughts?

How is Letizia as a parent? Strict, loving, casual, formal? In watching the video of KJC's abdication and the subsequent swearing in of Felipe, it looked as though she didn't take her eyes off of the girls as though she was afraid they would do something embarrassing. In fact, at one point, she made a subtle gesture to one of them, placing her hands together as a signal I presume for them to not sit with their legs spread apart. She is constantly smoothing their hair, which is a loving gesture, until it becomes obsessive. Felipe seems more relaxed with the girls where as Letizia seems so aware of the cameras, probably because of her background in television. Any thoughts?

I have always found Letizia kind of obsessive around the girls, constantly looking/touching/watching their every moves. I know many posters find it loving or caring but to me it seems very controlling, I would have freaked out if my mother had been over me like this all the time.
Felipe is definitely more relaxed.

Last edited:
Given the little girls' ages, and their positions now and in the future, I'm inclined to view Queen Letizia's gestures and watchfulness as reassuring for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom