Felipe & Letizia at the 2006 FIFA World Cup

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jaja, Letizia is very expresived in these photos.
I am very sad, we are out again because of France...we never won against them...really a pity.

Avalon said:
Personally I am broken hearted. Literally. Spain is my favourite squad in the world (after England). Even when they were playing against Armenia (in Armenia), I found it really hard to support my home-team. :eek: Though of course I did so, however badly we didn't play.
I just don't know what went wrong today. In all group matches Spain played magnificent but... :( :( :(
Still can't believe they lost, maybe it's just a nightmare?:confused: :cool:
Thanks for the pics and video, both Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia looked great, though I imagine they are not too happy now. :(

I still can't believe it neither... After such "first round", almost without a fault, I expected Spain to win without difficulties...
Well, at least, I'm happy for Zidane, I just hated the french media's attitude towards him these past days :cool:

In France, journalists saided that spain media's attitude was horrible towards zizou !!! In France we have been really very "chocked" because spain's supporters have whistled during French's hymn. What do Princes thing earing that ? I must say that I didn't ear the whistles because I was more concentrated by trying to see the Princes in the grades

zaza61 said:
In France, journalists saided that spain media's attitude was horrible towards zizou !!! In France we have been really very "chocked" because spain's supporters have whistled during French's hymn. What do Princes thing earing that ? I must say that I didn't ear the whistles because I was more concentrated by trying to see the Princes in the grades

I do not believe that they think anything. What happens is that there were 30.000 Spanish, for 10.000 French, evidently they were heard more. Besides, I believe that the Spanish are of the noisiest, it is a difference of character, the Spanish hymn, does not have letter, and the people sing the music,it of the patriotic silence does not go with the Spanish;) .
I imagine that the French press will have to criticize something. More I would be worried by the declarations of his trainer, that he has done a few political controversial enough declarations.
On Zidane, it is normal that there are critiques, I you remember that a Spanish team pays the salary to him, and they are many millions of salary.:rolleyes:

lula said:
I do not believe that they think anything. What happens is that there were 30.000 Spanish, for 10.000 French, evidently they were heard more. Besides, I believe that the Spanish are of the noisiest, it is a difference of character, the Spanish hymn, does not have letter, and the people sing the music,it of the patriotic silence does not go with the Spanish;) .
I imagine that the French press will have to criticize something. More I would be worried by the declarations of his trainer, that he has done a few political controversial enough declarations.
On Zidane, it is normal that there are critiques, I you remember that a Spanish team pays the salary to him, and they are many millions of salary.:rolleyes:
before the match the French press does not have to criticize the team Spanish the press in France is less hard but what has to shock is that an anthem is to whistle the comentator to stress that that was the first time since the beginning of the cut then also for zidane but especially the remarks of the Spanish entainor on théry Henry at the beginning my heart were shared my father is Spanish they showed the princes at the exit of stage to the French newspaper especially letizia which was very sad...

infanteleonor said:
before the match the French press does not have to criticize the team Spanish the press in France is less hard but what has to shock is that an anthem is to whistle the comentator to stress that that was the first time since the beginning of the cut then also for zidane but especially the remarks of the Spanish entainor on théry Henry at the beginning my heart were shared my father is Spanish they showed the princes at the exit of stage to the French newspaper especially letizia which was very sad...

The press of both countries says things, and some things exaggerate, how it happened with it of Henry; in Spain the whole world knows to Luis Aragones and his character, it is not necessary to give him so much importance how there was given he. In that occasion, even, the native of Cameroon, Etoo defended Aragones and recently he continues saying that he is the best trainer who has had.

The French trainer descends from Spanish, he did a been wrong enough commentary and more in the political moment that lives Spain, said that he was not feeling Spanish that he was feeling Catalan ... I do not want to say to you what that many people think of him in this country. That there does a French trainer got into Spanish politics?:confused:

It is a part of the dirty war, which exists in everything, and the French press is so guilty how the Spanish.

It is normal that Letizia was sad, not only for losing the game, but because the disappointment of the boys was very big, they are very young. To see Cesc with his 19 years to cry, it broke the heart to many people. For the first time, the people saw a good team capable of doing things.:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From presscontras

Attachments

• 11283563.jpg
    11283563.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 209
  • 11283564.jpg
    11283564.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 11283565.jpg
    11283565.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 11283816.jpg
    11283816.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 11283826.jpg
    11283826.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

lula said:
The press of both countries says things, and some things exaggerate, how it happened with it of Henry; in Spain the whole world knows to Luis Aragones and his character, it is not necessary to give him so much importance how there was given he. In that occasion, even, the native of Cameroon, Etoo defended Aragones and recently he continues saying that he is the best trainer who has had.

The French trainer descends from Spanish, he did a been wrong enough commentary and more in the political moment that lives Spain, said that he was not feeling Spanish that he was feeling Catalan ... I do not want to say to you what that many people think of him in this country. That there does a French trainer got into Spanish politics?:confused:

It is a part of the dirty war, which exists in everything, and the French press is so guilty how the Spanish.

It is normal that Letizia was sad, not only for losing the game, but because the disappointment of the boys was very big, they are very young. To see Cesc with his 19 years to cry, it broke the heart to many people. For the first time, the people saw a good team capable of doing things.:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From presscontras

I give you reason lula each pay sees as he wants and especially as he arranges it me my heart was to divide and at the house discussed them are the same that them our with a Spanish father step content with the whole but good it is only foot;)
THANK YOU FOR THE FOTO:)

Thanks for all videos, fotos, links. As I'm very far away football 's circus, I have any opinion on the teams ( french of spain )

It's too kind how the Princes were watching at the matche and how the were desapointed. I'm very fond the Letiza's expressevity :eek:

The games are the games.....

I agree with you Adelaide, the games are just that games, the fans of the games will always feel for their team in the good times and in the bad times. Im sure everyone wants their teams to win. Every single player has put lots of hard works and hearts on the games, so it is pretty bad for all the ones that fails to achieve what the expected to do. The fact is that just one of the teams can win and all the others will go home with empty hands.

I wasn't surprised that France won. I was actually expecting them to win because they were just so good.

planetcher said:
I wasn't surprised that France won. I was actually expecting them to win because they were just so good.

When exactly did they play good (before this match)? I was surprised they got out of the group stage. And Spain was doing great in the group stage - one fabulous game after another.
The Princes were very passionate, you could easily guess from their faces when the Spain scored and when the France scored.
But, however horrible it might sound, the Spanish defeat brought me some kind of luck. I had an exam today and I was totally diconcerned (the game started at 12 a.m. Armenian time and I couldn't sleep whole night, so I felt terrible), My professor asked whether I watched the game and who I was rooting for. When I said it was Spain, he appeared to be much wormer disposed towards me. It turned out he is a great Spanish fan.
I received A+ for the exam but I promise I would swap it for B, C or D any time, if only Spain could win! :(

Last edited:
Avalon said:
When exactly did they play good (before this match)? I was surprised they got out of the group stage. And Spain was doing great in the group stage - one fabulous game after another.

It's not a matter of who is a better team overall. Franch always has Spain's number. The Spanish national team has never beaten the French team at big games the last 20+ years. It was a hard fought game and outcome was decided at the last few minutes. I can see why so many Spanish fans are so disappointed.
Thanks for the cute story.

Article from "El Mundo":
http://www.elmundo.es/mundial/2006/2006/06/29/espana/1151578450.html

The Prince wants to excuse for the whistles during “Marsellesa”.
Days after Spain-France, fishtail two thorny subjects about the behavior of the Spanish worshipers. First to raise the voice was Raymond Domenech, French coach, who accused part of the racist fans. Later it was Franz Beckenbauer. The president of the Organizing Committee said that there was an unsportsmanlike attitude to whistle during the Gallic hymn, although confessed that Prince Felipe requested excuses at that precise moment. Beckenbauer described as unsportsmanlike to the Spanish worshipers whistling during the “Marsellesa” and said that Prince Felipe, who was next to him, requested excuses to him by this conduct. “It is not normal, it is not sport east more type of behaviors in a World Cup one and when it sounds the hymn of the rival”, the “Kaiser” said in press conference, who was seated in the presidential theater box on Tuesday in the stage of Hannover in the end eighth party.
Prince Felipe and Beckenbauer attended together in the theater box the party and when it was interpreted the French hymn good part of the public booed it sonorous. “Luckily he was seated next to Prince Felipe and it apologized before me by those whistles”, added the president of the Organizing Committee of the World Cup one Domenech calls racists to part of the liking.
The French scoach blamed part of the Spanish fans to have booed and to have received with shouts like black monkey to the players of the Gallic combined one to his arrival to the Niedersachsenstadion in Hannover before the end eighth party. “When the bus arrived at the stage, when you hear some fans imitate the sound of the monkeys… Simply I returned my head. I did not give the satisfaction them to watch them at least”, pointed Domenech.
The technician of “bleus” also blamed to the Spanish fan of to have whistled during previous the French hymn to the dispute of the party in which they eliminated Spain of the World Cup in Germany. “If that motivated my players, is well”, concluded Domenech.

From the first game when things were going a little better:)
pics by KSC Presse

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 245
2 more pictures from the Spain vs France match (from emp)

Last edited:
Beautiful pics, Purple platinum. Many thanks. A little bit sad, the princes look so optimistics...

They were so formal for a football match... :rolleyes: Specially Letizia. By the way, France deserved win, Zidane was superb.

It's so sympathetic to see how a football match can enjoy the princely couple... even if the result is not good!

Paty said:
They seems to be the only who are suffering!!!!:lol:

Probably they were the only Spanishes around. They were besides the former German footballer Franz Beckenbauer - who else organized the last WC - and he didn't care if France or Spain won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom