Who is your favourite Orange/van Vollenhoven daughter-in-law?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favourite Orange/van Vollenhoven daughter-in-law?

• Aimee

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Anita

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Annette

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Laurentien

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Mabel

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Marilene

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • Maxima

Votes: 77 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sara1981 said:
i vote Maxima because she very popular Princess because she would become Queen of the Netherland one day because she come from North America and many people who loves her very much like Princess Diana did that!

Sara Boyce

I think you meant, South America, Sara. :)

I love your enthusiasm for the Royals.

1. Marilène
2. Annette
3. Maxima
4. Laurentien
5. Anita
6. Aimee
7. Mabel

I vote for Maxima. She seems a very down to earth person (from what we can tell at least), and she seems to be very attached to her latin roots. She is proud of being an Argentinian. My vote is for Maxima.

The poll used to be most beautiful? Well now it's favorite so my vote is for Maxima.
I think she has a great personality and she obviously is intelligent, loves her family, gets along with her in-laws and in proving her dedication to her adopted country by her grasp of the language and her public duties.

I don't have anything against the other daughters-in-law but I would prefer Maxima for Queen, even if I don't live in the Netherlands. :) :)

Maxima
Marilene
Laurentien
Annette
Mabel

Maxima
Annette
Mabel
Marilene
Laurentien

How well do they get along with each other?

Kelly said:
How well do they get along with each other?

At an event where it was just the van Vollenhoven women; Anita, Annette, and Aimee seemed to get along just fine and acted as if they were all pretty close.

My choice for Orange would of course be Maxima! For some reason my heart never warmed toward Laurentien and while Mabel looked great and happy on Queen's Day, I cannot get over her bow-infested wedding dress! :eek:

van Vollenhoven women: I really like Marilene and Aimee. I don't know a lot about Anita and Annette so I can't judge. I'm a little biased when it comes to Aimee because my sister has the same name! :D

My favorite daughter in law is Aimee. I think she is so elegant and pretty. I enjoy looking at pictures of her. She seems so sweet!

Someone mentioned that Floris is not a good looking guy. Personally, I think he and Maurits (Sp??) are the best looking. Unfortunately, the other two are not as attractive.

However, I do give them credit that they have married beautiful women that seem to adore them. All these guys chose elegant women that are a credit to the Dutch Royal Family.

Tenngirl

I think Maxima is the most beautiful and elegant, even though she makes some mistakes. I like her smile and charisma.

I like all of them but if I had to select my all time fav it would be Maxima.
She always looks happy and is smiling. I think she would be a down to earth person.:flowers:

The most beautiful:
-1- Máxima
-2- Aimée
-3- Mariléne
-4- Laurentien
-5- Annette
-6- Anita
-7- Mabel

I like Máxima and Laurentien best. They always look kind and friendly :flowers:

Princess Laurentien. I like her the best.

I'm tired with Princess Máxima's horrible daywear style.
In nothing (except her fabulous evening wear) she is a Princess of Orange.

My choose:
Princess Marilene
Princess Annette
Princess Aimee
Princess Anita
Princess Maxima
Princess Laurentien
Princess Mabel
...I like the van Vollenhovenprincesses more than the von Amsbergs.

prinses said:
My choose:
Princess Marilene
Princess Annette
Princess Aimee
Princess Anita
Princess Maxima
Princess Laurentien
Princess Mabel
...I like the van Vollenhovenprincesses more than the von Amsbergs.

Heu... how can you judge that? From that once a year you see an Anita and an Annette?

selminha said:
1- Maxima
2- Aimee
3- Marilene
4- Anita
5- Annette
6 - Laurentien
7 - Mabel

This would be my choice as well. I think Maxima is a stunning woman, and a good match for Willem-Alexander and next to her, I think Aimee is the most beautiful of the rest. She was a beautiful bride, especially during her civil wedding when she pulled off the Jackie Kennedy look, complete with a pillbox hat.

Anette is my favorite she seems very kind and down to earth.I think all of them who already have children seem like good moms.

In terms of beauty I think all are attractive but in order
Annette and Anita are tied
Aimee
Laurentien
Marilene
Maxima
Mabel

Style
Favorite-Aimee-very stylish
Least favorite-Mabel
Least interesting-Maxima-I don't like her daywear everything she weas gives her a boxy look-it's a tired look
Most offbeat-Laurentein
Most down to earth in a good way-Annette
Most interesting-Marilene

Best looking guys-Maurits and Floris

1.Maxima:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
2.Aimee:flowers: :flowers:
3.Anita:flowers:
4.Anett:flowers:
5.Marilene:flowers:
6/7 Mabel and Laurentien:wub:

Henri M. said:
Heu... how can you judge that? From that once a year you see an Anita and an Annette?

What is wrong with Annette and Anita??/
They made a very good impression on their wedding-day and on the Make a Difference day. Very down to earth and modest. No trace of false glamour.
I totally disagree on your opinion about Maxima.
She is a young and modern princess. Not a dusty old-fashioned lady!!!

Maxima
Laurentine
Mabel
Marelene
Anita
Annette
Aimee

1. Annette
2. Aimee
3. Marilene
4. Mabel
5. Maxima
6. Anita
7. Laurentien

They are not only beautiful highly educated, had previous good career and good example for another monarch for selecting the bride.

I really love Dutch Royal House in laws.

As I said in the thread about Máxima's family the Orange-Nassau brides were no 'average girls'.

Máxima - daughter of an Argentinian Secretary of Agriculture; attending elite schools.

Mabel - grew up (teenage years) in upscale area of Het Gooi; changed her name from 'Los' to 'Wisse Smit' (which sounds much more sophisticated); graduated summa cum laude and did internships at among other the UN and ministry of foreign affairs. Co-founder of several international initiatives.

Laurentien - daughter of 2-time minister (including vice-prime minister; after being party leader; state secretary etc); and friend of princess Beatrix and prince Claus; member of the (elite) student corps Vindicat.

Marilène - daughter of minister of foreign affairs and European Commissioner of foreign affairs; attended high school in the upscale village of Wassenaar (where W-A and Máxima previously lived); member of the (elite) student corps Vindicat (where she met Maurits).

Annette - member of the (elite) student corps Vindicat (where she met Maurits).

Anita - international upbringing: Switzerland, France, The Netherlands, Singapore - where she attended UWC; after which she did her IB (not very common in the Netherlands unless you've been abroad) - moved to London after her university studies.

Aimée - from an upscale area of the Netherlands (Het Gooi); member of the elite student corps Minerva (where she met Floris).

Back
Top Bottom