Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Queen Noor's book she talks a lot about the late King Hussain's smoking. Over the years he tried to quit MANY times but was not successful. Anytime things got tense or stressful he would start up again.

I had heard that W/Alexander hadn't quit but Maxima had at some point. I had heard she started up again. I know all three Casiraghti kids smoke...but I think only Andrea is really a smokER. In France, I know smoking is very common, but isn't it also not such a big deal there that they are so young. I guess that was why it never really bothered me, because i just figured I live in a different culture.

Here in America it is REALLY unpopular to smoke...I don't personally do it. But people here really go overboard IMO

Has anyone seen an image of Queen Beatrix smoking?

TM late King Edward VII of Great-Britain and late King Carlos I of Portugal were known to smoke very much.
HRH late Crown Prince Luís Filipe of Portugal (HM King Carlos I eldest son) did smoke too.

I read HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark smoke, and HM Queen Margrethe II seems to smoke too.

Originally posted by helleniki@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 11:40 pm
I read HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark smoke, and HM Queen Margrethe II seems to smoke too.
Prince Henrik actually quit smoking some time back. They are both on the list on the first page of this thread, as well.

King Albert of Belgium and his wife paola smoked as well, but I thinh they stopped long ago...

Prince Laurent of Belgium also smoked...

I'll try to find pics

Originally posted by Helena@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 11:05 am
Queen Beatrix smokes as well, but she tries not to be photographed while smoking. I saw her smoking with Queen Margarethe II during the reception after the wedding of the duke of Brabant & Mathilde d'Udekem-d'Acoz on television.
Does anyone have any pictures of that one? How strange that they'd smoke together when QMII is very open about it and Beatrix is apparently sneaky about it!

I've seen pictures of practically all the Monaco royals smoking apart from little

Princess Alexandra and Princess Stephanie's little darlings...

^_______^

Ciao

I thought that King Juan Carlos smoked also, from about the age of 16 or even before that time. :unsure:

Her Majesty never smokes in public & does not want to be photographed while smoking (I presume she thinks it is a nasty habbit as well). As I said I saw it on television during the reception after the wedding of Phillipe and Mathilde. And when her eye spotted the camera she quickly returned to the place which was camera-free (with Margarethe II and Josephine-Charlotte if I recall it correctly). Most people who are in the circle of friends of the princes are smoking as well :(
I believe the infamous Princess Margarita de Bourbon-Parma commented on the smoking (& drinking) of her godmother & aunt as well.

King Mohamed VI of Morocco smokes as well :)

Prince Harry smoke regulary. But William smoke regulary? Is some pic of him smok?

Actually the only one still smoking in the Norwegian Royal Family is Princess Ragnhild.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=210272

Queen Sonja quit ages ago, Princess Märtha Louise when she became pregnant, King Harald when he became sick, Crown Princess Mette-Marit when she had pneumonia a while back (her quitting spawned rumours that she might be pregnant...)

The article doesn't say when Crown Prince Haakon quit, just that he never smoked regularly.

Ari Behn doesn't smoke, and neither does Princess Astrid.

Originally posted by Amira@May 4th, 2004 - 2:09 pm
King Mohamed VI of Morocco smokes as well :)
:woot: Does he?????? What about Prince Moulay Rachid?

Does anyone know if Princess Grace smoked?
I've never seen a picture of her smoking before.

Another smoker is Prince Nicholas of Greece. On the show 20/20, they said the Prince smoked, but would not allow cameras to film him smoking.

Princess Andrew of Greece (Prince Philip's mother) was a chain smoker. It has been reputed that they could find her or know where she had been by the smoke clouds she left :p

I've heard that Prince Hamzah smokes too. If you look closely, you can see a cigarette in his hand in both of these pictures.

Originally posted by Helena@May 3rd, 2004 - 6:13 pm

Her Majesty never smokes in public & does not want to be photographed while smoking (I presume she thinks it is a nasty habbit as well). As I said I saw it on television during the reception after the wedding of Phillipe and Mathilde. And when her eye spotted the camera she quickly returned to the place which was camera-free (with Margarethe II and Josephine-Charlotte if I recall it correctly). Most people who are in the circle of friends of the princes are smoking as well :(
I believe the infamous Princess Margarita de Bourbon-Parma commented on the smoking (& drinking) of her godmother & aunt as well.
I know that she does not like to be photographed smoking, but there has to be a least one picture? Does anyone have one or know where to find one?

good question, anyone out there who can answer it???

Oh ~my god~
i real cannot understand why so many people love to smoke~
when the tobacco burning~ the odor comes so bad ~
and~ tobacco is so bad to our health~
my dad have told me that~
if U smoke or drink too more, the IQ of your children U will have will
be make down ~
so,i hope not only prince Andrea but also everyone can drop smoking~
:(

So sad that he will ruin his health, his skin will be bad and anything else! Even his potency!!!

Originally posted by Karoloona@Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:47 pm
So sad that he will ruin his health, his skin will be bad and anything else! Even his potency!!!
Well his teeth and fingers will be yellow, he'll get cancer, and he'll have permanent pulmonary problems. :sick:

Do any of Queen Elizabeth's children smoke? I know that Anne tried it once, but didn't like it and she was quoted saying so.

HM King Juan Carlos smoked when he was at a Military Academy, in Zaragoza. I read it in his biography.

Back
Top Bottom