Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was named after Queen Victoria and Queen Sofia :) my name is Victoria Sofia

I don't think I was named after anyone in particular, but I share my name with a few princesses. Princess Alexandra!

I am named Christian after the danish kings of that name.

All firstborn boys in my family are given that name while all firstborn girls are named Sophie after the mistress of Christian V - the ancestor of my family.

LadyLouise said:
My name is Louise, I am not sure how many royals I share my name with but I know there is a few.

Besides a lot of princesses, 3 queens of Denmark were named Louise - the wife of Frederik V Louise of Great Britain; the wife of Christian IX Louise of Hesse-Cassel; and the wife of Frederik VIII Louise of Sweden-Norway...

I share my third name Marta with Martha Louise of Norway

What about our other middle names? With which royal do you share tham with?

My second name is Ewa. I don't know any royal ladies of that name - just few noble ladies.
But I know many royal ladies of the name Katarzyna - Catherine, Catarina, Catalina, Katherine which is my other middle name. Catalina de Castilla y Aragon, Katherine Howard and Parr wives of Henry VIII, Catherine II The Great imperatrice of Russia or Catherine de Medici wife of Henru II king of France.

Last edited:
magnik said:
What about our other middle names? With which royal do you share tham with?

My second name is Ewa. I don't know any royal ladies of that name - just few noble ladies.
But I know many royal ladies of the name Katarzyna - Catherine, Catarina, Catalina, Katherine which is my other middle name. Catalina de Castilla y Aragon, Katherine Howard and Parr wives of Henry VIII, Catherine II The Great imperatrice of Russia or Catherine de Medici wife of Henru II king of France.

My middle name is Gabriel like the young belgian prince. It was the name of my farther's brother who died as a child long before I was born.

My middle name is Albert.

So the Prince Alberts of past and present. Also the King Alberts of Belgium. Heh, with Laurence and Albert, I should be bigger fans of the Belgian Royal Family.

My name is Anne, so I share it with Queen Anne in the past, and Anne, Princess Royal in the future. My older brother is Thomas, and my younger brother is Christian, which are all royal names. However, none of us were named for royals. We were named for family (Anne is my mother and grandmother, Thomas is my uncle, and Christian is my great-grandfather.)

My name belongs to a danish-born Russian Empress:flowers:

HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg (Henri de Nassau)
HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark (Henri de Laborde Monpezat)
HRH Prince Harry of Wales (Henry Mountbatten-Windsor)
HRH The Count of Paris (Henri d'Orléans)

My middle name is Clair.

I share mine with the Countess of Ulster, and Princess Claire of Belgium. I can't think of any others?

My name is Marie-Chiristine and I share it with Princess of Kent and Archduchess Marie-Christine of Habsburg-Lothrigen the daughter of Marie-Astrid of Luxemburg and Archduke Carl-Christian. My middle name is Lena I don´t think their is any royalty who has that name

lady anne

Well mine is Anne so Queen Anne and Princess Anne. Middle, Im not sure, its Gabrielle. Anyone with that name?

Princess Angela of Liechtenstein! I'm also African-American/Hispanic like she is.

Last edited:
My name is Elizabeth--therefore, Her Majesty, the Queen. Also, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium (although, I do spell my name with a "z")

My name is Elizabeth Anne, so I share my name with more than a few royals. :)

Unfortunately I don't, no royal is named Devin. :(

Well, there was an ancient leader of the Jews called Samuel but I don't think he was Royal.

Queen Sonja of Norway.

I'm not named after her and I spell mine with an I.
My Grandma (Mom's side) is named Martha Louise!
This probably doesn't count but my Great-Grandma (Dad's side) was named Queen. :flowers:

well i share mines with princess amelia of england (king george III daugther) and i guess princess catharina-amalia cuz in spaniah you would say amalia for amelia

It's a french variation on the name of both past and future english and continental Queen's/ Empresses.

Last edited:
i'm ann and my mom was margaret.

mine's too modern

I'm a Debra Elaine, may be some Elaines if I dig deep enough (similar to Eleanor) but my brother is a David Roy which is "king David" to me. Edward VIII preferred to be called David and I believe that is what most of the family called him.

My Name is Shikha, and my name is similar to the title Sheikha

My name is Camilla and I guess that the only royal lady bearing that name is the Duchess of Cornwall. But she is actually kind of cool :)

I have a Scottish name but if I did share my name with a royal I would like to be called Elizabeth, Sarah or Diana :whistling:.

I've just found that I share my name with:
Agnes von Habsburg-Lothringen b. 1950 wife of ? von Furstenberg

and Spanish version Ines with:
Princess Ines Bagration-Mouhransky b. 1980
Ines de Borbon Duchess de Syracuse b. 1940 daughter of Alfonso II Infante de Espana, Duc de Calabre
Ines de Borbon Princess de Two-Sicile b. 1971

and Italian version with:
Agnese Borghese 1836-1920 wife of Principe di Pombino

My name is Chantal. I share my name with Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece and Princess Chantal of Hanover, the ex-wife of Prince Ernst-August of Hanover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom