What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In connection with the article written above about Benoni, I would like to state that being a Benonian myself, that the man who wrote it was purely speaking from his personal perspective. The last time he visited Benoni was 1995 which was twelve years ago and he was in school in the 1970's.

Benoni is a lovely city and I quite enjoy living here. When Charlize was here just after she won her Oscar, she drove through Benoni reminiscing about her childhood. Benoni High and Brandwag Hoerskool are really good schools and are not at war with each other, only the usual school competitiveness.

News paper burning in the street is definitely not a regular occurance, as a matter of fact our roads are quite tidy. Our problems are no different than anywhere else in South Africa.

Please take this in the spirit of trying to portray a balanced view of Benoni, and I'm sorry the author doesn't have fond memories of his home town, but there are +-365,000 of us here who might have a different opinion. And to be honest, where a person is born does not have IMO any bearing on who you you are as a person or what you become.

No offense meant by my post and none taken to the previous post:)

Dori said:
In connection with the article written above about Benoni, I would like to state that being a Benonian myself, that the man who wrote it was purely speaking from his personal perspective. The last time he visited Benoni was 1995 which was twelve years ago and he was in school in the 1970's.

Benoni is a lovely city and I quite enjoy living here. When Charlize was here just after she won her Oscar, she drove through Benoni reminiscing about her childhood. Benoni High and Brandwag Hoerskool are really good schools and are not at war with each other, only the usual school competitiveness.

News paper burning in the street is definitely not a regular occurance, as a matter of fact our roads are quite tidy. Our problems are no different than anywhere else in South Africa.

Please take this in the spirit of trying to portray a balanced view of Benoni, and I'm sorry the author doesn't have fond memories of his home town, but there are +-365,000 of us here who might have a different opinion. And to be honest, where a person is born does not have IMO any bearing on who you you are as a person or what you become.

Very diplomatic of you, thanks for presenting a different view point.

Dori said:
In connection with the article written above about Benoni, I would like to state that being a Benonian myself, that the man who wrote it was purely speaking from his personal perspective...Benoni is a lovely city and I quite enjoy living here...Benoni High and Brandwag Hoerskool are really good schools and are not at war with each other, only the usual school competitiveness.

None taken and welcome...
I guess the same is true of no matter where you live.

Thanks for a local (SA) viewpoint Dori. It is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your nice comments!

It's just that, I personally don't have a problem with Charlene and I don't think she can't be a princess just because of where she comes from. I believe that if anyone has the right resources and motivation, they have the potential to be whatever they want. And besides, if Prince Albert likes her, it's up to him. He has to to live with her.
Who knows, he might not even marry her. He's dated plenty and never married them.:)

What do I think about Charlene?? she would have better to train and study and get a job... because i guess that if Albert goes "away" it'll be hard for her (no luxuary vacations no private jet, no sweet moments at Roc Angel)... Now she's fine ... and i hope she's enjoying... but after???

Well, I have been reading people's comments silently for sometime now. I have watched this relationship only half-interestedly, to be honest. There is, in fact, nothing serious that bothers me about Miss Wittstock. Her fashion sense seems reasonably appropriate. She is nice looking. She is obviously in excellent health and working order. There is just one thing that bothers me a teeny bit. It's the idea that I can't shake, no matter how hard I try to shake it, that this relationship is contrived. Is it just me, or do they seem only to be going through the motions? I earnestly hope that I am wrong, because a contrived relationship is a recipe for disaster. And to be fair, there is a point that speaks favorably; they seem to have come together through mutual passion for Olympic competition. But that she is a pretty face, young enough to bear children, and several years his junior leads me to wander into the realm of Negative Thoughts. Logic pulls me back, however. After all, why should he contrive, or his "people" contrive, this relationship just for Succession issues, when he has a perfectly able-bodied older sister who has three equally eligible adult children?
Yet there is no "spark". There is no chemistry, like you see with Caroline and Ernst, and saw too with Caroline and Stefano. Heck, even Daniel and Stephanie have more chemistry than Charlene and Albert?!
Does he look like a man in love? What, pray tell me, is the point of his marrying at all unless he is in love? The succession is secure; and he already has two children, so fatherhood for fatherhood's sake can't be the objective. I think they like each other, and his family seems to like her, but he does not look to me like a man in love. I think it is very sad if he is pursuing the relationship for PR or dynastic reasons, because he has a lot of important work going on, and he should not waste time on relationships that do not tug at genuine heartstrings. Nor should he lead on this woman, who is either waiting for a ring, or else forsaking a promising swimming career (she is not getting younger, after all) in exchange for a life as a permanent mistress. Whatever the case, it does not look very good. I am sad thinking of it and I do hope I am totally mistaken in all of these musings.

I don't understand why she feels the need to promote herself in various magazines, Why does she want to stand out and seeks people's recognition? She thinks that if she would keep quiet someone will forget about her?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, I have been reading people's comments silently for sometime now. I have watched this relationship only half-interestedly, to be honest. There is, in fact, nothing serious that bothers me about Miss Wittstock. Her fashion sense seems reasonably appropriate. She is nice looking. She is obviously in excellent health and working order. There is just one thing that bothers me a teeny bit. It's the idea that I can't shake, no matter how hard I try to shake it, that this relationship is contrived. Is it just me, or do they seem only to be going through the motions? I earnestly hope that I am wrong, because a contrived relationship is a recipe for disaster. And to be fair, there is a point that speaks favorably; they seem to have come together through mutual passion for Olympic competition. But that she is a pretty face, young enough to bear children, and several years his junior leads me to wander into the realm of Negative Thoughts. Logic pulls me back, however. After all, why should he contrive, or his "people" contrive, this relationship just for Succession issues, when he has a perfectly able-bodied older sister who has three equally eligible adult children?
Yet there is no "spark". There is no chemistry, like you see with Caroline and Ernst, and saw too with Caroline and Stefano. Heck, even Daniel and Stephanie have more chemistry than Charlene and Albert?!
Does he look like a man in love? What, pray tell me, is the point of his marrying at all unless he is in love? The succession is secure; and he already has two children, so fatherhood for fatherhood's sake can't be the objective. I think they like each other, and his family seems to like her, but he does not look to me like a man in love. I think it is very sad if he is pursuing the relationship for PR or dynastic reasons, because he has a lot of important work going on, and he should not waste time on relationships that do not tug at genuine heartstrings. Nor should he lead on this woman, who is either waiting for a ring, or else forsaking a promising swimming career (she is not getting younger, after all) in exchange for a life as a permanent mistress. Whatever the case, it does not look very good. I am sad thinking of it and I do hope I am totally mistaken in all of these musings.

No CasiragiTrio, you are not mistaken! You are absolutely right except in one, his family seems not to like her.

I dont hate her, can't like her either. She could be the next princess of Monaco. Still young, she could learn and try but I doubt she could survive. Albert had intention to wed a woman in/bfr his 50 (from his interview in Larry King few years back). this woman could be charlene people...
well yea.. I hope Albert won't pick Charlene (damn he should have wed that Claudia Schifer years ago :D)

royal pauper said:
No CasiragiTrio, you are not mistaken! You are absolutely right except in one, his family seems not to like her.

Yeah, I agree.

I think the real issue is what type of individual should a Sovereign marry. Prince Albert or any other Sovereign should marry someone who either is or has the potential to be an equal. She should be well-educated and successful in her own right. Let's assume that there aren't many current Princesses-by-birth who would want the responsibility. In this modern world, Prince Albert should marry a successful, independent businesswoman -- one who can carry herself, who can be a good representative of the Sovereign and of Monaco. She should be articulate and well-rounded. She does not have to be of child-bearing age -- Caroline has provided the heirs. She just needs to be a good complement to the type of Prince that Albert should be. She needs to be an Ambassador of Monaco in her own right.

Having said that ... the question is: "Is Charlene Princess Material?" The answer is "No!"

I would imagine that she tried to ingratiate herself, immediately, upon Pss Caroline and Stephanie in an attempt to gain approval. I'm sure they saw thru the obvious ploy for immediate familiarity - it probably turned them against her; the presumptuous nature of her ploy. So, maybe PA is just leading her on - taking her to outings so he has a date, but w/no intention to marry her.....we've seen it before......

Please remember that speculation is NOT allowed on The Royal Forums.

So unless someone has spoken to Charlene, Caroline or Stephanie OR has an interview (and can provide the sources) where either of the sisters mention that THEY DO NOT CARE for Charlene...then all posts regarding a dislike will be deleted.

Thank you.

I love "We Pretend"

Aquamarine, I do so love 'We Pretend" by Demis Roussos who also started Aphrodite's Child the band way back when.Pa is gaining on the image of portly Demis; I hope Charlene can assist him to regain his physique athlete that she is. Here is a little thing I have written especially for what I think of Miss Wittstock and the enigmatic situation at hand:
What turquoise transformations,
what festivities of an elusive power,
a music of colours in watery hues,
And whoever counts the colours on
the foliage dripping with gold.
loses count of his fingers,
and begins from the beginning
because everything surrounding gestures no.
and weeps for a miracle that will not come
And it is then alone our souls exalted, utter light.

Last edited:
Jaya said:
Aquamarine, I do so love 'We Pretend" by Demis Roussos who also started Aphrodite's Child the band way back when.Pa is gaining on the image of portly Demis; I hope Charlene can assist him to regain his physique athlete that she is. Here is a little thing I have written especially for what I think of Miss Wittstock and the enigmatic situation at hand:
What turquoise transformations,
what festivities of an elusive power,
a music of colours in watery hues,
And whoever counts the colours on
the foliage dripping with gold.
loses count of his fingers,
and begins from the beginning
because everything surrounding gestures no.
and weeps for a miracle that will not come
And it is then alone our souls exalted, utter light.

Hi Jaya, Yes it certainly describes the situation at present as it's hard to tell where this relationship is going. But I get the feeling you are leaning toward it being off? Am I correct?

Relative or absolute Charlene?

hibou,
you ask if this poetry leans to the absolute or the relative answer to the question on the world's mind about Miss Wittstock.But you are now a member of
www.monacofreeforums.org
so I suggest you find the posssibility of specific answers there as your affiliation is already enthusiastically declared by being the newest member..What we poets have to say we do through our iambic pentameters and nothing more.I see you are not interested in the poetry just the answer.
So in the field of all possibility you will receive just that regarding Miss Wittsock.
God Bless you

Jaya said:
hibou,
you ask if this poetry leans to the absolute or the relative answer to the question on the world's mind about Miss Wittstock.But you are now a member of
www.monacofreeforums.org
so I suggest you find the posssibility of specific answers there as your affiliation is already enthusiastically declared by being the newest member..What we poets have to say we do through our iambic pentameters and nothing more.I see you are not interested in the poetry just the answer.
So in the field of all possibility you will receive just that regarding Miss Wittsock.
God Bless you

Actually I thought the poetry was lovely and beautifully written but tragic hence my curiosity as to your thoughts.

I am quite a universal spirit not to be pinned down and you do not know me I would not be so presumptious on a forum of unknowns. You seem dismayed by the other forum my dear. I cannot fathom why. This forum is quite lovely and I enjoy it's posts but I think it quite healthy to be curious about things hence my interest is peaked. To the mods. I do hope discussion of another forum however brief is not a breach of protocal. If so do except my apologies.

Define tragedy

Of course I do not know you. Nor do I wish to.The aforementioned poetry speaks for itself.Those who know poetry let them speak.
The tragedy is that there is no "tragedy" in the poetry but only in your interpretive subjective reading. I am elated you are a universal spirit;like Miss Wittstock possibly I feel she is not tragic but "universal" as well.There appears to be an epidemic of universality going around.
I accept no one's apologies; I cannot give absolution;lowly "tragic" poet that I am interpreted as. A poet that never uses the word "curious" but knows better to say"interest" replacing the tragedy of the zoological level with the humane spirit of "universality".The poem is for Miss Wittstock and her universality; her thousand petalled kundalini force and the possibilities of relative and possible outcomes.
God Bless you

Last edited:
There is just no reason for Prince Albert to marry. For one thing, he has many more pressing things to do. His role as sovereign has enough demands to occupy him. For another matter, Monaco already has Caroline and Stephanie to be the humanitarians, the philanthropists, the fashionable, the beautiful, and all that. And the next generation -- Charlotte, etc. -- promises more of all that! So where is the need for a wife for Prince Albert? With the succession secure (no shortage of Grimaldi-blooded people in case Albert kicks the bucket, god forbid it) the only reason he should have a wife is LOVE. There should be no other reason for him to marry. Only love. If there is no love, please, why bother marrying, Albert? Why? It does not make sense. If he is in love with Charlene, then I believe nothing should stop them from marrying each other. But if there is no love, there is no sense in it.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Stephanie to be the humanitarians, the philanthropists, the fashionable, the beautiful, and all that. .

You had outdone yourself with this one.

To be clear absolutly nothing. She is a beautiful woman, that 's all and she like the competition, good point for her. But for the others fields, she seems a little too mysterious:flowers:

Let's not veer off topic. This is a thread about Charlene.

Thanks
Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Charlene has potential to be a great wife, princess, stepmom etc. etc. etc......

sashajones said:
Charlene has potential to be a great wife, princess, stepmom etc. etc. etc......
Based on what? Not on what we've seen of her so far... :ohmy: JMO

sashajones said:
For the moment... she has potential for being his "hot girlfriend".

The quote below was originally stated in the Current Events thread of Charlene. So that I would not derail the subject of that thread....I have moved the dicussion to this thread. Basically, some members have criticized an outfit that Charlene wore to a fashion show that she attended with Albert.

Shappica...this is not to pick on you....other members have pretty much said the same thing.

shappica said:
Yes, but Stephanie is princess by birth! IMO there's a big difference between how two types of princesses (royalty in general) can and should behave....

I am a little confused. Because Stephanie is a princess by birth she can wear daring dressess but a girlfriend or companion can not? When it comes down to it...who is really representing Monaco...Stephanie or Charlene?

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on fashion as well as what or what is not acceptable attire for a Princess, I find that a double standard exists for Charlene.

Here are a couple of dresses that Stephanie has worn while representing Monaco:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=617545
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=617545
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22052&d=1066424414

Now I don't recall if and what various people have said about Stephanie's style of dress....but I sincerely doubt that some of the things that have been said about Charlene (an ordinary woman who dates a Princes) have been said about Stephanie (the daughter of a Prince).

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene . . . hmm . . I don't know what I should think about her. For any reason, she's dislikable. But perhaps I don't like her because I don't know her very well . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom