Unmarried, Single & Eligible Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this list is starting to get smaller
From one side yes. But from other side there is a generation of younger royals to grow up and the marital status can change any time ( the case of Prince Joachim of Denmark who divorced and married again).

Non-European bachelors of age:

Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husse..._in_New_York_City_(21581074509)_(cropped).jpg

Prince Azim of Brunei:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princ...Prince_Azim_ASEAN_Autism_Network_Congress.jpg

Prince Ata of Tonga:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Ata#/media/File:Ata_(prince).jpg

Prince Omar bin Faisal of Jordan, Jaa'far al-Saleh, Aoun Juma'a (nephews of the King), Abdul-Hamid al-Saleh (half-nephew of the King).
Prince Naif bin Assem of Jordan
Prince Hussein bin Talal of Jordan
Prince Abdul Mateen of Brunei
All living sons of Sheikh Mohammed & Sheikha Hind of Dubai.
Moulays Idris Filali & Yazid Bouchentouf (nephews of the King).
All unmarried sons of Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (former Emir of Qatar).
All unmarried sons and grandsons of the King of Bahrain.

Single/Unmarried Young Royals

Who will be next? Anyone know? I'm saying Lady Ella Windsor, but maybe she's a committed singleton?? Possibly Lord Downpatrick. Beatrice likely needs a good bit more time.

Princess Beatrice

The new Lord Linley--Charles Armstrong-Jones [a bit young]

Samuel and Arthur Chatto [a bit young]

Lord Downpatrick, heir of Lord St. Andrews/Duke of Kent
his sisters, Lady Marina and Lady Amelia [girls a bit young]

Lady [Gabri]-Ella Windsor, daughter of Prince Michael of Kent age 36 or so--maybe she just likes being single?

Zenouska Mowatt and brother Christian

The Ogilvy brother and sister, Alexander and Flora

The Taylor boys, Columbus and Cassius [a bit young]

Who will be next? Anyone know? I'm saying Lady Ella Windsor, but maybe she's a committed singleton?? Possibly Lord Downpatrick. Beatrice likely needs a good bit more time.

Princess Beatrice

Lady [Gabri]-Ella Windsor, daughter of Prince Michael of Kent age 36 or so--maybe she just likes being single?

Princess Beatrice is the only person on your list who is technically "royal", but I get your point.

Princess Theodora Greece, turns 35 in June
Princess Elisabeth Thurn u. Taxis, turns 36 in March
Archduchess Priscilla Habsburg turns 39 in June
Princess Helene in Bavaria, 46
Princess Fahranaz Pahlavi, 54
Maria Zurita, 42

If you look at royals in Europe (not just in the UK), there's also:

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
Prince Louis of Luxemburg (well, as soon as his divorce goes through), and his siblings Alexandra and Sebastien
Princess Theodora and prince Philippos of Greece

...and probably many others that I didn't remember :)

Albert von Thurn und Taxis 34
The three siblings Maria Laura 29, Joachim 26, Luisa Maria 22 of Belgium & Habsburg-Este
Jean-Christophe Napoleon 31
Alexander of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha 40
Heinrich-Donatus of Schaumburg-Lippe 23
Alexandra 26 & Sebastien 25 of Luxembourg
Hussein 23 & Iman 21 of Jordan
Noor 24 & Iman 23 Pahlavi
Fawzia-Latifa 35 & Fakhruddin 30 of Egypt
Joseph Wenzel 22 & 21 Marie-Caroline of Liechtenstein
Afonso 21 & Maria Francisca 20 of Braganza
The list of eligible royals over 20 is neverending. These are the ones I could think off.

Oops, I missed that this is a British thread.

Last edited:
Albert von Thurn und Taxis 34
The three siblings Maria Laura 29, Joachim 26, Luisa Maria 22 of Belgium & Habsburg-Este
Jean-Christophe Napoleon 31
Alexander of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha 40
Heinrich-Donatus of Schaumburg-Lippe 23
Alexandra 26 & Sebastien 25 of Luxembourg
Hussein 23 & Iman 21 of Jordan
Noor 24 & Iman 23 Pahlavi
Fawzia-Latifa 35 & Fakhruddin 30 of Egypt
Joseph Wenzel 22 & 21 Marie-Caroline of Liechtenstein
Afonso 21 & Maria Francisca 20 of Braganza
The list of eligible royals over 20 is neverending. These are the ones I could think off.

Oops, I missed that this is a British thread.

one more Prince Wenzeslaus of Liechtenstein 43

Princess Beatrice

You forgot about Lascelles branch:
Grandchildren of Gerald Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood:
Rowan (b.1977) & Tanit (b.1981) - children of James.
Amy (b.1986) - daughter of Jeremy; I don't count Ellen because she is in an unformalized relationship and already has a child by her partner.
As for daughters of Mark - Charlotte & Imogen have just turned, respectively, 22 and 20 and Miranda will turn 18 on 15 July.

Two older grandchildren of Honourable Gerald Lascelles are in a marriageable age: Georgina (b.1988) and Maximilian (b.1991).
Georgina is a daughter of Martin & Maximilian - son of Henry.

There are certainly many 'royals' on the continent who are single, some of whom have never been married, and some of whom are divorced. But since this is a British thread, will focus my attention on British royals.

At soon to be 30, Beatrice is hardly an old hen. She can look at her soon to be cousin in law and see that.

Whether its hopeful thinking on her part or not, Princess Michael seems to think Gabriella will likely be engaged in the near future.

Many of the extended family we don't hear much of. We likely wont know they are even dating until perhaps a marriage leaks out to the public.

Looking at all the single continental royals, minor, maybe Beatrice will meet someone at one of the weddings. She has often attended the continental weddings, like Amedeo and Lili, and at least one Casiraghi wedding.

They are pretty thick on the ground aren't they....interesting so many single ones.

LaRae

:previous: There are more. Its interesting to try and figure out how they picked these particular 10. Some of them seem are a bit young, like the 18 year old Greek prince. The bachelor list is usually the 'marriage age who are single'. Yes, 18 is old enough to marry, but now a days any prince or princess under 26 even would be pretty young for marriage. Even in royals, marriage age has gone up.

Find it sad that Beatrice is the only female included. Kind of singling her out, making her look more desperate. If they are going to include a woman on a bachelor list, they could have added others. She certainly isn't the only one left out there. Theodora, and if we are going to go young, Maria-Olympia for instance. Joachim of Belgium is on there but none of his sisters.

Plenty of unmarried men and women over 18 in the royal houses. If you want an eventual heir, there is always Joseph Wenzel of Lichtenstein who is 23 this year.

I don't know why they included Beatrice on a Bachelor list...she's a Bachelorette.

LaRae

I don't know why they included Beatrice on a Bachelor list...she's a Bachelorette.

LaRae

My thoughts exactly....if going to add a woman, then have a bachelors and bachelorette list. It seems a mean jab at Bea, to single her out by putting her on the list with men.

Find it sad that Beatrice is the only female included. Kind of singling her out, making her look more desperate. If they are going to include a woman on a bachelor list, they could have added others. She certainly isn't the only one left out there. Theodora, and if we are going to go young, Maria-Olympia for instance. Joachim of Belgium is on there but none of his sisters.

And:
Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg,
Princess Marie-Caroline of Liechtenstein,
Princess Raiyah bint Hussein of Jordan,
her nieces: Iman and Salma bint Abdullah, Sara and Aisha bint Feisal
Princesses Azeemah & Fadzillah of Brunei
Their niece Raheema
Princess Alexandra of Hannover (still very young, but of age)
Three unmarried nieces of the King of Morocco
Princess Stephanie of Monaco's daughters
Princess Angelica of Tonga
Sirikitiya Jensen and both daughters of the youngest sister of King Rama X, his own two daughters...
All unmarried daughters of the Gulf States sovereigns
Victoria de Marichalar y de Borbon will be of age this year

As we know Harry and Eugenie are already out of the market.

Princess raiah of jordan 32 years
Prince nazim osmanoglu of ottoman 33
Princes zoe nermine of ottoman 30 years
Princess fawzia of egypt 36 years old

IIRC Beatrice split up with a long term boyfriend last year... Any sign of anyone new? She is 30this year which is a nice age to marry

There are certainly many 'royals' on the continent who are single, some of whom have never been married, and some of whom are divorced. But since this is a British thread, will focus my attention on British royals.

At soon to be 30, Beatrice is hardly an old hen. She can look at her soon to be cousin in law and see that.

Whether its hopeful thinking on her part or not, Princess Michael seems to think Gabriella will likely be engaged in the near future.

Well, Gabriella has been with Tom Kingston about four years; if they were going to get engaged, I would think it would have happened by now.
Then again, the RF seems to like dating for a long time, so who knows?

Beatrice hasn't been seen with anyone possible; there was the man she had dinner with in LA but that seems to have been a one-time event, and he has a steady GF.

A lot of royals have married or come of age since the last post. Who are the most eligible royals now?

From current monarchies and adult royals only (engaged royals not mentioned as well..engaged) guess the list is not too long at the moment?

I can think of (random order)
P.Kako Japan
P.Beatrice GBR
P.Märtha-Louise Norway
P.Mabel NL
P.Alexandra, P.Sebastien Luxembourg
Infante Elena Spain

Not sure about other monarchies?

I don't know who the "most eligible royals" are now, but, in the next 10-15 years, there will be several young royals in most major European RFs who will be in their 20s, so the number of "eligible princes/princesses" will grow dramatically.

From current monarchies and adult royals only (engaged royals not mentioned as well..engaged) guess the list is not too long at the moment?

I can think of (random order)
P.Kako Japan
P.Beatrice GBR
P.Märtha-Louise Norway
P.Mabel NL
P.Alexandra, P.Sebastien Luxembourg
Infante Elena Spain

Not sure about other monarchies?

Short list for now.

King Abdullah II of Jordan's children (well, except Hashim).
His youngest sister
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Princess Alexandra of Hannover
Children of Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein
Princesses Maria-Laura & Louisa-Maria and Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduchke/esses of Austria
Princess Tsuguko of Japan, also Princesses Akiko & Yoko
Children of Sultan of Brunei and his second wife
Prince Omar bin Faisal, Princesses Sara & Aisha bint Faisal of Jordan
Infanta Elena's children
Juan & Pablo Urdangarin
Princess Stephanie of Monaco's daughters
Nephews and nieces of King Mohammed VI of Morocco (except Soukaina Fillali, who already started a family)

Back
Top Bottom