Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are my guesses for 18th birthday tiaras in the future...
This is a great post, thank you, IloveCP!! I enjoyed this very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be nice if Elisabeth and Eleonore of Belgium would wear their mother's tiara for their marriages.
And I like the 1920's way of wearing that sort of tiara, like in Downton Abbey.
Pic 1
Pic 2

I predict that either Princess Alexia or Ariane will get the Dutch Aquamarine tiara as an 18th birthday gift. Their great-grandmother Queen Juliana also received this tiara as an 18th birthday present.

I think it would be nice if Elisabeth and Eleonore of Belgium would wear their mother's tiara for their marriages.
And I like the 1920's way of wearing that sort of tiara, like in Downton Abbey.
Pic 1
Pic 2

the possibility to see Elizabeth with a tiara would be 2019, but maybe later as belgium does not have any such events

I think Isabella will get her mother wedding tiara as an 18th birthday gift. As for Josephine, I think she will get Margrethe's turquoise daisy tiara.
If Queen Margrethe is still alive when Isabella turns 18 (which I dearly hope!), then Mary would be left without a neutral colour tiara :eek:. And Josephine would be rather limited in her choise of dresses if she gets the turquoise tiara.

I would rather prefer if they managed to acquire some tiaras with family connection for the two princesses. And with eight grandchildren there won’t be enough tiaras anyway.

I think Beatrice and Eugenie will wear their mothers wedding tiara on their wedding days. It is such a beautiful tiara and it's a shame we have not seen it in a long time.

I think Beatrice and Eugenie will wear their mothers wedding tiara on their wedding days. It is such a beautiful tiara and it's a shame we have not seen it in a long time.

Yeah, I sure do like this one! I can see both lovely Princesses wearing it. I hope that is the case!

Updated list 2012-12-17

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden
Prince Harry of Wales
Prince Phillipos, Greece
Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Felix of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan
QUOTE]

Here are my guesses for wedding tiaras for the wives of the royal men listed above and some that I added of my own:

Carl Philip's future wife: Connaught Tiara
Prince Harry's future wife: Teck Moon Tiara
Phillipos future wife: Antique Corsage Tiara
Sebastian and Felix's future wife: Large Floral Tiara
Crown Prince Hussein's future wife: Queen Noor's Diamond Tiara
Amedeo and Joachim's future wives: Savoy-Aosta Tiara
Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein's future wife: Habsburg Fringe Tiara

Note: The prediction for Harry's future wife is just for fun. I do not have a serious guess for Harry's future wife's wedding tiara. As of now of course. ;)

Last edited:

Why not the meander tiara for Harry's future bride ?

I think that the brides of Felix and Sebastian of Luxembourg will likely wear the Congo tiara, it seems to be the norm in Luxembourg.

Just a thought.

Why not the meander tiara for Harry's future bride ?
Do you mean the meander tiara which originates from Princess Alice? It is now owned by Princess Anne and I doubt that it will be available for the future Princes Harry.

I think that the brides of Felix and Sebastian of Luxembourg will likely wear the Congo tiara, it seems to be the norm in Luxembourg.

Just a thought.
Yes, I can well imagine that the Congo Tiara will be used at future weddings. But also I have the impression that Maria Theresa is quite generous with her tiaras, Alexandra, Tessy and Stéphanie all have been allowed to wear various pieces so far. That is why I think that future brides in the family might be offered a choice from various tiaras. They might choose something else. - I'm already looking forward to see Claire at her wedding day!

Last edited:
Now that Princess Beatrice in 25 , perhaps she will attend royal State Visits.
Will she wear her mother's tiara ?

Now that Princess Beatrice in 25 , perhaps she will attend royal State Visits.
Will she wear her mother's tiara ?
So far, not even the Cambridges are attending state visits. And it seems that especially the Princes of Wales is very much againts the York girls becoming full time working royals. So I don't really think that Beatrice will attend state visits.

But I think (and hope) that Beatrice and Eugenie will wear Fergi's Tiara at their own weddings. And who knows, maybe we won't have to wait too long for Beatrice's wedding.

Do you mean the meander tiara which originates from Princess Alice? It is now owned by Princess Anne and I doubt that it will be available for the future Princes Harry.

Yes, I can well imagine that the Congo Tiara will be used at future weddings. But also I have the impression that Maria Theresa is quite generous with her tiaras, Alexandra, Tessy and Stéphanie all have been allowed to wear various pieces so far. That is why I think that future brides in the family might be offered a choice from various tiaras. They might choose something else. - I'm already looking forward to see Claire at her wedding day!

I love that HRH is so generous with her jewels! Stephanie has just looked so lovely since she has joined the family!

I do think its wonderful that MT has also lent three tiaras now to Tessy, just goes to show she doesn't play favorites with her daughters in law and that just because Stephanie is the future grand duchess that she is not the only one who deserves to wear all of the tiaras.

I can't wait to see what Claire chooses! I almost hope that her family, with all of the money that they posses, furnishes her with a tiara of her own to add to the Lux collection!

As for Harry's bride, yes that was the tiara I was thinking of. It's lovely and I think it would be wonderful on a bride.

Perhaps the fringe tiara worn by the queen and Princess Anne?

So far it has never been a tradition to give tiaras as gifts to the Luxembourg princesses. Only Princess Sibylla has a tiara of her own, but that came from the Weiller Family. Maybe that will inspire the Lademachers to go shopping for a nice wedding present ;)?

As for Harry's future wife, I would so much like to see her wearing the Strathmore rose tiara of the Teck crescent tiara. Both tiaras haven't been seen since the young Queen Mum has worn them. It's about time that they see daylight again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far it has never been a tradition to give tiaras as gifts to the Luxembourg princesses. Only Princess Sibylla has a tiara of her own, but that came from the Weiller Family. Maybe that will inspire the Lademachers to go shopping for a nice wedding present ;)?

As for Harry's future wife, I would so much like to see her wearing the Strathmore rose tiara of the Teck crescent tiara. Both tiaras haven't been seen since the young Queen Mum has worn them. It's about time that they see daylight again.

Sorry, I worded that wrong! I meant that Claire's family could buy her a tiara, being that they are very wealthy.

I wonder if the future daughter in law of King Fouad II of Egypt who is herself a Princess of Afghanistan will wear a tiara on her wedding day ?

What if Queen Elizabeth, gave all her personal jewelry to her daughter, granddaughters & greatgranddaughters & left the state jewelry to the daughters-in-law and granddaughters-in-law?

She can hand them over now.

Last edited:
QEII cannot do anything with the "state jewellery". That which belongs to The Crown or the State is not hers to dispose of. She can do what she wants with her personal collections but anything she leaves to anyone except Charles will be subject to inheritance taxes. Anything she gives away now could be subject to gift taxes, and possibly inheritance tax should she die in less than 9 yrs if the gift was viewed as hoping to avoid such taxation. Exceptions could be made for birthday, wedding, Christmas gifts but distrubuting the entire collection might be looked at as an attempt to avoid tax.

Hi,

Doesn't The Queen say who attends State Dinners and events?
I would think that she is aided by the Royal Household and the Government, and perhaps Prince Charles has a say in it all too; but The Queen is the paramount authority on who attends and where they sit also.

Have you seen the videos of her inspecting the banquet tables just before each happening?

The Duke of York attends some of these and so do Anne and Edward & Sophie; and I can see a feud coming if Charles starts banning the York girls in the future.

Actually, The Queen seems to rather enjoy her York granddaughters, so we may see them at a banquet in tiaras and gowns!!

Larry

Sorry, I worded that wrong! I meant that Claire's family could buy her a tiara, being that they are very wealthy.
I guess that I did not read carefully enought, but we both came to the same conclusion. Let's hope that the Lademachers think the same way as we do :flowers:.

I wonder if the future daughter in law of King Fouad II of Egypt who is herself a Princess of Afghanistan will wear a tiara on her wedding day ?
I have never heard that any of their families has any tiaras left. Didn't all the Egyptian jewellery go to a museum after the fall of the monarchy?

Last edited:
Hi,

Doesn't The Queen say who attends State Dinners and events?
I would think that she is aided by the Royal Household and the Government, and perhaps Prince Charles has a say in it all too; but The Queen is the paramount authority on who attends and where they sit also.

Have you seen the videos of her inspecting the banquet tables just before each happening?

The Duke of York attends some of these and so do Anne and Edward & Sophie; and I can see a feud coming if Charles starts banning the York girls in the future.

Actually, The Queen seems to rather enjoy her York granddaughters, so we may see them at a banquet in tiaras and gowns!!

Larry
From what I heard, Charles plans to slim down the royal Family and wants fewer full time royals in the future. I guess that the Queen certainly could overrule him if she wanted to. That she doesn't (we know that Beatrice and Eugenie are no full time royals so far) shows that she is fine with Charles' plans, imho.

Last edited:
I believe most jewels should stay in main line so that it does not get diluted out. Can be loaned to "lesser" royals as required.
Eventually the "lesser" royals don't want it and auction off. Thinking of Princess Margeret's Poltimore Tiara. It should have stayed in main line...
All will be lost in few generations.
Even the tiara's given to Princess Benedikte, they will be diluted out....
JMHO

I believe most jewels should stay in main line so that it does not get diluted out. Can be loaned to "lesser" royals as required.
Eventually the "lesser" royals don't want it and auction off. Thinking of Princess Margeret's Poltimore Tiara. It should have stayed in main line...
JMHO
In general I agree with your opinion. But in the case of Ps. Margaret's Poltimore tiara there was no "staying in the main line" because it never had belonged to the main line. It was purchased for Margaret's wedding.

Tilla , Did you notice that for Queen Mathilde, Queen Fabiola was her model for the official picture. She wore the Nine Province tiara in its small form as Queen Paola never did.
I suppose Queen Fabiola's huge brooch is now a present.

Princess Astrid owns no personal jewels , she wears a loan from her still living mother in law Archduchess Robert of Habsburg Este who has 4 Children. But later ??

Tilla , Did you notice that for Queen Mathilde, Queen Fabiola was her model for the official picture. She wore the Nine Province tiara in its small form as Queen Paola never did.
I suppose Queen Fabiola's huge brooch is now a present.

Princess Astrid owns no personal jewels , she wears a loan from her still living mother in law Archduchess Robert of Habsburg Este who has 4 Children. But later ??
http://s13.postimg.org/9rk9bkgdz/Fabiola_bandeau.jpg
Did you mean this Portrait of Queen Fabiola? I'm very glad that Mathilde tried the small version of Queen Astrid's tiara. I hope it means that the new Queen will have a more inventive way of using her tiaras than Queen Paola had.

As for Princess Astrid, I believe that the Archduchess will leave the Aosta Tiara and the beautiful emerald necklace to Astrid and Laurenz, who is her eldest son after all. I really can't imagine that AD Margherita will deprive her highest ranking daughter-in-law of the jewels she has worn all throughout her marriage. Thus I think that the tiara will also be used in the weddings of Astrid and Laurenz' children. (And I can't wait for that ;))

Princess Astrid wore flowers on her hair on her wedding day no diamonds ; I think her daughters will do the same.
As for AD Magherita 's children did you remember the HUGE tiara her eldest daughter wore in Luwembourg ?

JMHO

I really hate to think of royals being considered less than others in their family... Do you say this because they are not as important as the others?

Back
Top Bottom