The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fairy tale, I would like to listen to the whispers of my heart, I cannot always hear them...not so easy

Beautiful pictures of the nobel, a pitty princess Madeleine is not here! But Victoria is gourgius !!

There is something different about Victoria today

I thought the same. She glows, but also seems emotional at times. Am I nagging when I say it looks like her boopies have grown? I loved her tiara!!! She is a great lady.

I have watched the news on Japanese tv,because of two japanese winners,
the ceremony and SRF is very beautiful and solemn・・・
It was deeply impressed!

According to Expressen´s Johan T Lindwall, Victoria was the queen of the evening. She was the most popular, everyone wanted to talk with her.
Kronprinsessan Victoria var festens drottning - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Photos:
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daniel was relaxed and seemed to enjoy the evening
Daylife
Daniel and Mrs. Sumire Negishi
BelgaPicture
Victoria and Daniel talk to Chemistry laureate Akira Suzuki and his wife Yoko
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Prince Carl Philip, Caroline Edwards, Queen Silvia, Ruth Edwards representing her husband Robert G Edwards, King Carl Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
Yoko Suzuki, Akira Suzuki, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria, Richard F Heck, Socorro N. Heck, Sumire Negishi, Ei-ichi Negishi, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Hedlines of Aftonbladet and Expressen today according to Rockklassikers 10 oclock news

"Is Victoria pregnant?"

May i suggest you go to Aftonbladet.se and then scroll down to were they show todays paperedition.

Its a big photo of Victoria and the text: Here is the stomach everyone is talking about. Victorias smash hit on the nobeldinner.

(insert Vorlonsound from Babylon 5 here) And so it begins.

I get flashbacks to the 1996 Nobel. Then all watching could see how thin she was and soon the anorexia was made public by the queen herself

Johan T Lindwall said that he hopes that prince Daniel breaks the tradition and takes Victoria to dance tonight. The royals never dance at the banquet.

Did they dance after all? Did they break tradition? :)
I could imagine it happening but not so soon, Daniel doesn't seem to confident to do such a move IMO yet but one day he will. I'd be really surprised if he did.

Did they dance after all? Did they break tradition? :)
I could imagine it happening but not so soon, Daniel doesn't seem to confident to do such a move IMO yet but one day he will. I'd be really surprised if he did.

The royal family didn´t dance.
The first Nobel fest for Daniel:
Första nobelmiddagen för Sveriges nye prins | Inrikes | SvD

Victoria said no to wine...
Johan T Lindwall: På Nobelfesten fick Victoria spekulationerna att ta fart - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Har drömmen blivit sann, Vickan? - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Thanks to everyone who posted pics, videos and news. Great job! :flowers:

I couldn't watch anything yesterday so had to catch up today. The Queen looked a bit tired and without any sparkle, but that's sadly no wonder with everything that was going on lately. On the other hand, Victoria is just glowing, I'm hoping for a certain announcement soon, there is no belly yet, but there are some other signs that the stork may visit them next year. ;) Daniel is looking more and more comfortable in his new role, thumbs up for him. And not related to SRF, but I loved that the wifes of Japanese laureates were wearing kimono to this event.

Sigh... Victoria looked great and I love her, but could someone please also post some good close ups of Carl Philip??!!

Has anyone seen decent pics of Princess Christina? All the pictures I have seen so far are wide shots and don't show her jewellery properly.
OK, I understand that that the photographers are focusing on young, vibrant, beautiful CP Victoria. But it wouldn't harm to cover other people as well...

Has anyone seen decent pics of Princess Christina? All the pictures I have seen so far are wide shots and don't show her jewellery properly.
OK, I understand that that the photographers are focusing on young, vibrant, beautiful CP Victoria. But it wouldn't harm to cover other people as well...

here are some (from svenskdam.se) :flowers:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5548/44422795.jpg
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9956/49805002.jpg
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5170/34797136.jpg

Am I right in thinking that the Prize Ceremony comes before the banquet?
And can anyone tell me when the royals started attened the Nobel ceremony?

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Saturday event, was it supposed to be a tiara event or not? Just wondering since Victoria had a diamond brooch/headpiece in her hair.

The Saturday event, was it supposed to be a tiara event or not? Just wondering since Victoria had a diamond brooch/headpiece in her hair.
Grrr... It was supposed to be a tiara event, all the gentleman in white tie with their orders, the Queen and Princess Christina with tiaras (and I even saw the picture of a lady of the Royal houshold with a tiara) and ONLY the Crown Princess chose to do without:bang: (Sorry, I must let off some of my frustration).
Imo this downscaling of the event started in 2008, when Victoria wore a diamond necklace in her hair and Madeleine wore a diamond brooch. Then in 2009 Madeleine got the diamond necklace but at least Victoria wore the cut steel tiara. Now Victoria wears the pearl and ruby brooch... There seems to be a plan behind it.

I think this year will be one of the most watched Nobel prizes in Swedish history since everyone will want to know how the family reacts to the scandals

How can anyone even think that the Royal family would respond at all? Whether you believe in gossip or not, they are so used to all the attacks that they act like the professionals they are. I think no one was disappointed this year. And the gala was conducted with the same luster as previous years.

Grrr... It was supposed to be a tiara event, all the gentleman in white tie with their orders, the Queen and Princess Christina with tiaras (and I even saw the picture of a lady of the Royal houshold with a tiara) and ONLY the Crown Princess chose to do without:bang: (Sorry, I must let off some of my frustration).
Imo this downscaling of the event started in 2008, when Victoria wore a diamond necklace in her hair and Madeleine wore a diamond brooch. Then in 2009 Madeleine got the diamond necklace but at least Victoria wore the cut steel tiara. Now Victoria wears the pearl and ruby brooch... There seems to be a plan behind it.
Did the invitation say ...Tiara? Normally one would not specify tiara unless one could expect the guests to wear them. The King and Queen invites the Nobel prize winners for this special dinner and I would not expect any of the women to have access to tiaras. Although it is white tie it does not automatically mean tiara. The Queen wears a tiara perhaps to lend a royal glamour to the event.

Back
Top Bottom