The late Princess Antoinette and the De Massy Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems there was a good turn out from Caroline and Stephanie's families ,Donna Beatrice also opted for the traditional mantilla.

Can anyone identify the blonde lady and older gentleman beside Princess Stephanie?

https://images.app.goo.gl/xGHThXMHwUCD4ZT47

Wonderful photo the late Baroness with her mother and aunt in law.

Its hard to believe its almost a month since the baroness passed away :previous:

A lovely photo from 1966 which I haven’t seen before. Thanks for posting.

Melanie Antoinette de Massy is the new President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation

"We are pleased to announce that the Management Committee of the Monegasque Tennis Federation has appointed Mademoiselle Melanie-Antoinette de Massy as President of our Association.

After having been trained all her life by her Mother, Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy, and having worked alongside her for many years, notably as Vice-President, Melle de Massy will carry out the current projects and will continue the work of his Mother, faithful to her commitment.

Congratulations to our new President!"

https://www.monaco-tennis.com/fr/news/nomination-de-notre-nouvelle-presidente-080.html

Last edited:
Melanie Antoinette de Massy is the new President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation

"We are pleased to announce that the Management Committee of the Monegasque Tennis Federation has appointed Mademoiselle Melanie-Antoinette de Massy as President of our Association.

After having been trained all her life by her Mother, Baroness Elizabeth-Ann de Massy, and having worked alongside her for many years, notably as Vice-President, Melle de Massy will carry out the current projects and will continue the work of his Mother, faithful to her commitment.

Congratulations to our new President!"

https://www.monaco-tennis.com/fr/news/nomination-de-notre-nouvelle-presidente-080.html

Congratulations but I thought Charlene would have got this Presidency.

Very nice. It seems there is a family tradition of passing down patronages from mother to daughter, seeing the many patronages Baroness Elizabeth-Ann inherited from her mother.

Very nice. It seems there is a family tradition of passing down patronages from mother to daughter, seeing the many patronages Baroness Elizabeth-Ann inherited from her mother.

Yes it does even though a titled and senior member of the family would undoubtedly bring more attention to the organisations concerned.

That is quite a function. Affiliated to the tournoi de Monte-Carlo (one of the oldest tournaments in the world) and to the Monte-Carlo Country Club (one of the world's most prestigious clubs).

Last edited by a moderator:
That is quite a function. Affiliated to the tournoi de Monte-Carlo (one of the oldest tournaments in the world) and to the Monte-Carlo Country Club (one of the world's most prestigious clubs).

That's why I think the Presidency should have gone to Albert or Charlene.

I suppose it wouldn't have been proposed if Albert didn't give his blessing.

There is the family connection to tennis - as well as her mother and Princess Antoinette her grandfather was a tennis champion. I believe her cousin also tried his hand at a professional career as a teenager.

I think it's a fitting choice.

Its a fitting tribute to the late Baroness Elizabeth-Ann to have her daughter as the new President!

My Lord!!! Vitamar is a boat!!! For a moment i thought you were talking about a child!!! :eek: And i thought... What a terrible name for an infant!!! :eek: :lol: ? :lol:

:lol:
My Lord!!! Vitamar is a boat!!! For a moment i thought you were talking about a child!!! :eek: And i thought... What a terrible name for an infant!!! :eek: :lol: ? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I thought so too!

Yesterday, April 9, Melanie de Massy as President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation attended the presentation of this year’s Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters that will take place from April 10 to April 18. The tournament will take place without audience but will be broadcasted on various TV and social media channels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'd forgotten that Melanie had taken over the Presidency from her late mother the Baroness.

At the beginning of this year’s Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters Prince Albert and Melanie de Massy in presence of Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal unveiled a plaque in memory of late Elizabeth-Anne de Massy, former President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation at the Monte-Carlo Country Club today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Allée Elizabeth-Ann de Massy was inaugurated at The Monte-Carlo Country Club in presence of her two children Jean-Léonard and Mélanie-Antoinette and Prince Albert today, June 9.

Elizabeth-Ann de Massy died on June 10, 2020.

** legion-media gallery **

:previous:

Great to see Melanie undertaking that task!
Here are some additional photos of her inaugurating the 17th edition of the World Festival of Amateur Theatre today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
Melanie de Massy as President of the Monegasque Tennis Federation attended the presentation of this year’s Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters that will take place from April 9 - 17.

** Pic **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom