The family doing winter sports

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Mette-Marit went cross country skiing with her mother and Ingrid Alexandra (atleast that is her sleigh) Haakon and Marius went to the slalom hill instead

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Larzen for the great photos and information on their upcoming events. I am a little confused, and this may seem like a stupid question to ask; what exactly is Mette-Marit doing in those photos? What is she trying to put in the bag?

Danielle said:
Thank you Larzen for the great photos and information on their upcoming events. I am a little confused, and this may seem like a stupid question to ask; what exactly is Mette-Marit doing in those photos? What is she trying to put in the bag?

I think it is a pulk.

Basically it is a sort of sled, where you put your baby, or other stuff you need brought with you when you travel by ski. It's also commonly used by those who have travelled in the polar areas, I've been told.

You bind the sled to your waist by the belt hanging onto those long sticks, and can bring the baby with you when you do cross country skiing, even up and down mountainsides. It consists of a frame, and some material protecting the baby against the wind. Of course the babies have to be suitably wrapped up in warm materials from beforehand, as they don't move much in the cold.

I can't see from the pictures whether Mette-Marit is assembling it or taking it apart.

A link I found explaining a bit more: http://www.kidznsnow.com/tahoe/SITE/top/listing.cfm/other/3470/0/direct?c=1

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
I think it is a pulk.

Basically it is a sort of sled, where you put your baby, or other stuff you need brought with you when you travel by ski. It's also commonly used by those who have travelled in the polar areas, I've been told.

You bind the sled to your waist by the belt hanging onto those long sticks, and can bring the baby with you when you do cross country skiing, even up and down mountainsides. It consists of a frame, and some material protecting the baby against the wind. Of course the babies have to be suitably wrapped up in warm materials from beforehand, as they don't move much in the cold.

I can't see from the pictures whether Mette-Marit is assembling it or taking it apart.

A link I found explaining a bit more: http://www.kidznsnow.com/tahoe/SITE...70/0/direct?c=1
Thank you very much norwegianne for explaining it, and for the website link. I knew what cross country skiing was, that's why I was a little confused about what Mette-Marit was doing. That Pulk Sled is such a wonderful idea, now that I know what it is. I'm sure I-A had a wonderful time being dragged around while her poor mummy had to do all the work. :)

Family skiing or doing other winter sports

Not sure if those have been posted before - Eastnews

Lillehammer February 2006 Crownprince Haakon and crownprincess Mette-Marit went crosscountry skiing with Marius and Ingrid Alexandra during the winter holidays in Lillehammer. Prince Sverre Magnus were not to be seen. He was probably at the cabin with his nanny. Here is Haakon following Marius to his snowboarding lesson. Photo:Morten Krogh Se og H r All Over Press Norway

oa51zt.jpg
oa520m.jpg
oa521h.jpg
oa5252.jpg

Cross country skiing is not that easy, they must be in pretty good shape to do that. I get winded in a hurry...

i loved to see ingrid again, in her brown skiing clothes. i hope we get many more pictures (and maybe some of sverre as well!).

Great pictures ! thanks for posting them

Yes very cute photos of this family, but where is Sverre?With nanny?

The question is also which child is in the pulk/sled Haakon is pulling? ;)

Se og Hør says its Ingrid, Sverre was not seen outside, they further says that Haakon who was pulling the sled and had the backpack could not keep up with his wife and she had to wait for him several times. They were skiing at Pelleståva at Hafjell. Marius was meanwhile attending slalom school also at Hafjell

I love them they are sooo cute when they are together doing things. Anyone agree?

The O.C. Fanatic said:
I love them they are sooo cute when they are together doing things. Anyone agree?

I do! They are a lovely family:D

The O.C. Fanatic said:

Oh yeah!:D

I read in another board that in Norway this past weekend there was a big holiday and there were reports about intense traffic conditions. Is this a national holiday or what ? Could anyone enlighten me? Do the above pictures of H and MM show that this was the weekend in ?
Thanks,
Linda 85

In most european countries they have spring holidays....than the most people are going for skiieing with their kids..

Other pics of Lillehammer.
from Hello

Last edited by a moderator:
The colors choice for Ingrid Alexandra is soooooo boring. Someone should save her from her mother lack of style! Good grief this is a little infant girl so put her in children colors. Something with colors! Anything with colors! Not serious-as-a-pope boring brown winter suit with faded away pinkish anonymous hat!

I love Mette-Marit and I adore Haakon but she wins ab-so-lu-te-ly no medals at style.

Aftenposten has an article on how Haakon and Mette-Marit took their kids skiing at Hafjell. Haakon was Ingrid's skiing instructor. Kongelig skitrening

I like Ps. Mette-Marit very much and find, she has something "personal" in her way to dress.

Some old photos:
NY_haakon_mette_marit_494_zpse11a8d83.jpg

I think here is King Harald with her and with Marius:
Mariussal5_zps01dd2cea.png

tzrtghrf_zps4c182baa.jpeg

norway_zpsb4fb01d2.jpg

marius_skis_zps55d2a03d.jpg

marius_2_zps1fbeea0d.jpg

marius_1_zps6c92032d.jpg

erte_zpsaef8a3d1.jpeg

eee_zps45ac1b5e.jpeg

Last edited: