The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Bhutan - April 14-15, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did William and Catherine give the King and Queen of Bhutan?
The Queen gave Catherine a pair of earrings. What was exchanged in return?

The Queen just gave birth two months ago, any presents from William and Catherine or the BRF to the King and Queen of Bhutan in celebration of the birth of their first child and heir?

William and Catherine were still in Bhutan on the day royal baby was named, any word of any gifts for the baby on this occasion?

I haven't heard anything about if they gave a present to the King and Queen.

the visit to Bhutan was not a State visit so no official gifts would have been given or published

the visit to Bhutan was not a State visit so no official gifts would have been given or published

The press found out that Catherine received a gift by wearing it. The press, IIRC 57 came from the U.K. one could have asked what gifts did they bring the new prince?

After all, the press ran numerous stories about the King and Queen of Bhutan prior to W&K's visit.

When BRF visit the press mentions gifts the BRF receives, even private ones given to children. How many private gifts were given to various members of the BRF for George while they were on a foreign tour?

My first thought when they announce the Bhutan visit was 'what type of gift will William and Catherine give'. William and Catherine's children are always on the receiving end of the gift giving so I was curious as to what type of gift they will give to another child.

A failure on the part of the British press for not asking an obvious question?
Or a failure on the part of William and Catherine for not presenting their host and infant child with a gift?
Or the failure on the part of W&K PR team for not reporting that W&K gave the new baby a gift?

Last edited:
if I had to choose Id say failure on the part of the UK press - their focus is usually one way.

The palace releases a gift received list each year. If William and Kate bought presents for Bhutanese Royals with their own private money, they don't have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Not required to but bad PR move not to mention :ermm:

They could have totally even spun it with a mention of their kids. 'George heard about the new little prince and wanted to give him a...." They were said to have bought a little tiger for George at the monastery. Maybe George and Charlotte could have given the little prince something very British. They are meant to be promoting British culture, could have played it up with a gift to the queen as well.

Total miss IMO of both the press and PR team.

What did C&C & Harry give out on their tour? Who cares? In NZ and Australia, we saw a ton of stuff that George got from giant wombat to a drivable boat/car. The people got their item pictured with WK and a few with George. They were happy.

The gifts exchanged in Bhutan were private. It's not up to the Cambridges to shill a product brand.

It is actually their JOB to promote Britain and its trade. :ermm:

Harry doesn't have children who receive gifts from all over the world. Again this trip is all about PR and promoting relations. So yes, they don't have a duty to report how they spend their private money, true. But it would be a good spin for their PR to show they reciprocate gifts. The media have been said they were told what questions they could ask. It would have been easy enough to toss in a question about such gifts.

The palace releases a gift received list each year. If William and Kate bought presents for Bhutanese Royals with their own private money, they don't have to say.

Gifts received by the British royal family are indeed listed on the annual list, so there may be one or two official gifts from this tour listed - we will have to wait and see!

As for gifts given by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, I think it is up to the recipient royal family to release details of such gifts - if that it was they usually do.

Harry doesn't have children who receive gifts from all over the world. Again this trip is all about PR and promoting relations. So yes, they don't have a duty to report how they spend their private money, true. But it would be a good spin for their PR to show they reciprocate gifts. The media have been said they were told what questions they could ask. It would have been easy enough to toss in a question about such gifts.

Perhaps they are supporting Britain and its trade by doing as the Queen has for so many years in giving a gift of a framed photo.

Of course it is their job to npromote British trade, but releasing details of whast they presebted does not achieve that objective. The giving aznd taking of gifts, at this level, is a carefully considered aznd calibrated act. The government and BP would be fully aware, and may possibly have been involved in deciding what may or may not have been presented. This is not about low level PR or plugging ecific brands.

Sometimes there's a gift exchange photo op and that's fine but I think that it can be perceived as self-serving and even tacky to release a statement telling what gifts you gave. I think Kate wearing the necklace she received as a gift was a nice gesture.

Sometimes there's a gift exchange photo op and that's fine but I think that it can be perceived as self-serving and even tacky to release a statement telling what gifts you gave. I think Kate wearing the necklace she received as a gift was a nice gesture.
I agree. It would be odd to show what they gave if it was not in a gift exchange event. What should they had done "Here's a gilded baby statue and a picture of ourselves that we gave to the King and Queen"? Naah, much better that the reciver decide when to show off a gift, like Kate did with the necklace.

Speaking of... HHahaa, here is the gift!

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/722445641411141632

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke and #DuchessofCambridge presented the Queen Jetsun Pema with the new Queen of Bhutan Rose last week..

Now talk about a lovely gift!! Are there any better pictures of the actual Rose? Even from that far away shot, it looks beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom