The Dss of Cambridge as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 31m31 minutes ago
Nice "behind scene" details. Kate wanted pics to reflect "private existence" & didn't want "gala gowns & tiaras"
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/727468332862070789

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 45m45 minutes ago
Vogue's dressed-down Duchess is out now-and Lupo puts in a star turn. #kate #BritishVogue
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/727466153619103744

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 44m44 minutes ago
Kate's clothes were based on what she usually wears:"jeans, shirts, T-shirts. The same as the rest of us" says Vogue
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/727466556171640832

I like that she did a cover for a magazine. This is in line with the Cambridges strategy of giving people access but on their terms, which I find to be a wise move.

The only thing I don't like about the pics is they're too doctored up. Other than that, I like the theme and the natural surroundings. As Emily Andrews pointed out, this whole shoot was guided by Catherine.

Although, we do not get a chance to see Catherine in her regal gear much, and I think this has lead to some disappointments from some of the followers on Twitter.

I would like to see her do a photo shoot at home. An even more relaxed and laid back setting.

I am sorry but I look at the photos and think 2 things. 1.They are so doctored. Especially the first 2 we saw. They barely look like her, look closer to her pre-engagement photos. 2. They look like some advertisement for Ralph Lauren. They look like an American western line (plaid shirt, the hat, the leather coat). The natural background doesn't even look like she is in the UK.

I agree. The obsession that magazines have with making people look like plastic dolls is beyond me. Kate is pretty on her own, she doesn't need all that photoshop. Some I can understand, but they go overboard. Oh well, I suppose that's not changing anytime soon.

I like that she did a cover for a magazine. This is in line with the Cambridges strategy of giving people access but on their terms, which I find to be a wise move.

I agree. Don't let others dictate to you.

According to Vogue, Catherine was approached months ago and said no way she wasn't interested. It was only after the National Portrait Gallery contacted her (she's royal patron) did she agree to do it.

Last edited:
I agree. Don't let others dictate to you.

According to Vogue, Catherine was approached months ago and said no way she wasn't interested. It was only after the National Portrait Gallery contacted her (she's royal patron) did she agree to do it.

Yeah, which is one of the reasons why I think she should more stuff like this for her patronages and to promote them.

I'm glad to see her do this though. It goes to prove how confident she's grown as a senior Royal.

Last edited:
Portrait Gallery @NPGLondon
Josh Olins' portraits of our Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge are now on display in the Gallery's Main Hall

https://twitter.com/NPGLondon/status/745233496281649152

Five of the Duchess of Cambridge's Vogue portraits have been gifted to the National Portrait Gallery.

Kate posed for the magazine and appeared on the cover of the fashion bible's June centenary issue.

Three of the images - showing Kate in denim dungarees with her dog Lupo; leaning on a gate wearing a red and black striped long-sleeved top; and laughing while wearing a fedora in a black and white close-up - are to go on display in the main hall of the London gallery from Tuesday June 21 until Wednesday July 27.

Photographer Josh Olins, who took seven portraits of Kate in the Norfolk countryside, gave five of the images to the gallery's historic collection of art.
Read more: Five Vogue images of Kate given to National Portrait Gallery - BT

That last one in the Tweeted photo with Lupo is adorable.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, will visit the exhibition 'Victorian Giants: The Birth of Art Photography' on Wednesday 28th February.

Her Royal Highness has written a foreword for the exhibition catalogue and captions for selected images in the exhibition that will form the Gallery's first ever Patron's Trail.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWKN_EPWkAELS7A?format=jpg&name=small

Duchess of Cambridge puts degree to good use as she 'curates' Victorian photography show

Last edited:
Court Circular 12th March:
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, National Portrait Gallery, this evening attended the Portrait Gala at the National Portrait Gallery, St. Martin's Place, London WC2, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Nice videos. The Duchess of Cambridge really shines through in her work with children and photography.

I hope she plans to attend the National Portrait Gallery's gala as usual in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom