The Closing Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't the Irish brilliant? :D
That enthusiastic athlete - I wish I recognised him.

Yes, I was, and was about to ask. Great stuff.
Love it too.
Quite ashamed to say I've never heard the songs before though. :blush:

It's so disturbing when someone is singing when the athletes are coming in. There should have been just some music.

Our House again?
Love the athletes taking pictures of each other! :)

One Direction with their "What Makes you Beautiful".
My neighbour drives me mad listening to this song about 1,000 times a day.

Maybe I shouldn't announce that Niall Horan is my 3rd cousin :D

LadyFinn said:
It's so disturbing when someone is singing when the athletes are coming in. There should have been just some music.

Why? I can understand that for the opening ceremony when it's formal and 'strict' but now it's a party!

An Ard Ri said:

Poor you ;)

Sorry I seem to be a loan voice but I think most of the music has been poor. Why are we getting the same songs repeated?

I'll remember that next time it's 2AM and she's listing to the song with the sound to maximum. ;) :D
Sorry I seem to be a loan voice but I think most of the music has been poor. Why are we getting the same songs repeated?
I think the athletes' arrival is taking slightly longer than expected, so they are re-playing the music.

Why? I can understand that for the opening ceremony when it's formal and 'strict' but now it's a party!

Poor you ;)

Ha ha,I have to be honest but One Direction are not my cup of tea!

I think we're getting Our House and Park Life again because the athletes are taking so long to get in.

Much as I like Emeli Sande, she must know someone pretty high up in the hierarchy of London 2012 to get a role in both ceremonies, and getting to appear twice tonight.

Elizabeth Windsor@Queen_UK
Is it just one or is this playlist on loop?

Oh, God - not that song again. :cool:
Still the atmosphere is magical! Feels like party time.

Because the athletes are the most important to me and I can't concentrate on them because this music is disturbing me so much.

LadyFinn said:
Because the athletes are the most important to me and I can't concentrate on them because this music is disturbing me so much.

What's to concentrate on exactly? Nobody is getting announced, nobody is being mentioned, it is a free for all so the athletes can let their hair down.

EIIR said:
I think we're getting Our House and Park Life again because the athletes are taking so long to get in.

Much as I like Emeli Sande, she must know someone pretty high up in the hierarchy of London 2012 to get a role in both ceremonies, and getting to appear twice tonight.

Don't think it's because they're taking too long, the loop is intentional. As for Emeli she appeared once tonight I thought, singing the same song and never left the stadium.

The ever boring, Kate Bush for the start of the British Symphony.

They just showed some of the Armenian athletes!
And the show goes on...

The 303 white boxes apparantely represent the 303 Olympic events.

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
Christ, Mother, look at all those countries we used to own.

Prince Harry at the Closing Ceremony
(big picture)

Harry (representing his grandmother and looking serious)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the fake royals take it too far tbh.

"Running Up That Hill" is a great track. Best played LOUD - fabulous electronics , great production, dynamics and soundscapes. Listen through headphones - there are so many layers.

"Running Up That Hill" is a great track. Best played LOUD - fabulous electronics , great production, dynamics and soundscapes. Listen through headphones - there are so many layers.

Isn't this version a remix of the original 1985 one?

It's now the Victory Ceremony for the Man's Marathon.

This has got to be one of the best medals to win!

This has got to be one of the best medals to win!
Yeah, the whole world literally watching. And everyone cheering on you, including fellow athletes.
Men's Marathon victory ceremony is a traditional part of the Closing Ceremony.

Welcoming some of the athletes and volunteers of the games.

Artemisia said:
Welcoming the athletes and volunteers of the games.

The athletes are thanking them and welcoming 4 new members of the IAAF.

Back
Top Bottom