The Chelsy Davy Thread 3: February-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
princesslily said:
They have been having an on and off relationship. I still do not think they will marry because Harry is the kind of guy that needs his freedom. We all know he is a rebel and if he marries soon, he will feel confined. I'm sure they will drift apart.

True, but I think despite everything, they have understanding of eachother. They understand each other and what the other wants, so if Harry needs freedom, I think Chelsy will give him that. :)

Shynes said:
Harry and Chelsy - I really think they'll end up marrying regardless of opposition.

Harry may be fun-loving and a rascal, but that's a far cry from letting his grandmother and father down with such a defiant act. It would be a terrible breach of his duty to the Crown to relinquish his right to the succession to marry Chelsy.

It's not going to happen.

The Queen cannot meet with Chelsy Davey under any circumstances because she is very controversial to the Government due to her father's connection to Mugabe. It's just the way it is.

I do believe, however, that Prince Charles did receive her privately at Highgrove and invited her to dinner with William and Camilla present. But that was one time only.

Wait, Kate and Chelsy on a list for the hotest people in the world? Are you sure this isn't some kind of a Pre-April's fool joke? I mean, COME ON! It's funny though. :)

Chelsy was at the polo match with Harry and Charles once, and there were photos published of him kissing her hello. So I guess her likes her :)

Aussie Princess said:
Chelsy was at the polo match with Harry and Charles once, and there were photos published of him kissing her hello. So I guess her likes her :)

She publicly met Charles at the polo match in June/July '05 and then again was invited to stay at Highgrove in November 2005.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/21/chelsydavy/

There have probably been many private occasions that we cannot possibly know about!:)

As a British, I found it terribly frustrating that Chelsy and Kate could be crowned the sexiest royal by FHM. They are not royal!!! Grrrr....:mad:

Hart said:
As a British, I found it terribly frustrating that Chelsy and Kate could be crowned the sexiest royal by FHM. They are not royal!!! Grrrr....:mad:

Are they THE sexiest royals or ONE of the sexiest royals? :confused:

Laraib said:
Are they THE sexiest royals or ONE of the sexiest royals? :confused:

They are not royals at all!:)

The story claims Wills and Harry are angry with their father because Kate and Chelsy haven't been invited to the Queen's private birthday party, but then ends with: "Although the Queen is said to like Kate, it seems she wants to keep this bash for close family only."
Never let the facts, or simple logic, get in the way of a good beat-up!

I wonder which "British Sunday newspaper" they're talking about.

Elspeth said:
I wonder which "British Sunday newspaper" they're talking about.

Probably the Sunday Telegraph... I would imagine. Why do you ask? To check it out?

I find it perfectly understandable that QEII would want to keep her birthday party to just close family. And while I understand that it could be considered to be a snub for Kate, given that we know for a fact she's met the Queen, I'm not at all perturbed by the fact that Chelsy wasn't invited. I don't know quite what it is about her, but she has an air that rubs me the wrong way. IMHO the sooner Harry moves on the better.

Hart said:
Probably the Sunday Telegraph... I would imagine. Why do you ask? To check it out?

Their 'source' in the other article is The People which is something to do with the Mirror, I think! :eek:

Warren said:
The story claims Wills and Harry are angry with their father because Kate and Chelsy haven't been invited to the Queen's private birthday party, but then ends with: "Although the Queen is said to like Kate, it seems she wants to keep this bash for close family only."
Never let the facts, or simple logic, get in the way of a good beat-up!

Facts? :eek: Logic? :eek: What have these to do with anything the papers write about the British Royals? :D

Hart said:

To see how reliable a Sunday paper they're quoting as their source.

margotantoinette said:
I find it perfectly understandable that QEII would want to keep her birthday party to just close family. And while I understand that it could be considered to be a snub for Kate, given that we know for a fact she's met the Queen, I'm not at all perturbed by the fact that Chelsy wasn't invited. I don't know quite what it is about her, but she has an air that rubs me the wrong way. IMHO the sooner Harry moves on the better.

I totally agree with you, why should the Queen of England invite Chelsy, a girl who's been 'dating' her grandson, probably only seeing him a handful of times a year. Its crazy that the media even question this decision of invites!
It should be a personal affair, its not as if we're talking about an ordinary family here.

Hart said:
I totally agree with you, why should the Queen of England invite Chelsy, a girl who's been 'dating' her grandson, probably only seeing him a handful of times a year. Its crazy that the media even question this decision of invites!
It should be a personal affair, its not as if we're talking about an ordinary family here.

exactly! silly media trying to find a scandal or slight in every little thing.

I have always read that, until the ring is on the finger, partners are not invited into the inner circle.

Oh and Chelsy has appeal like Tonya Harding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that's right about the whole engagement thing. You never saw Sophie at events before she and Edward got engaged but I could be wrong.

Echo7 said:
I'm pretty sure that's right about the whole engagement thing. You never saw Sophie at events before she and Edward got engaged but I could be wrong.

She accompanied Edward to the decommissioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia in 1997, for one.

babybird said:

As it's the News of the World, the biggest sleaze paper known to man or woman, who only ever say 'an unnamed source' 'an unnamed sandhurst spokesman', 'an unnamed close friend' etc, we will probably never know if any of it is true or not.
I especially like the statement that the recruits are out drinking every night, it just doesn't happen!:eek:

That's what friends are for...

Skydragon said:
As it's the News of the World, the biggest sleaze paper known to man or woman, who only ever say 'an unnamed source' 'an unnamed sandhurst spokesman', 'an unnamed close friend' etc, we will probably never know if any of it is true or not.
You forgot to mention "friends fear...", "a close friend in Cape Town said..." and "a family friend said..."
These chatty 'friends' are impeccable sources! :D

Hmmmm.... this doesn't sit well with me at all. As much as I wished that this article was true, you never can trust the News of the World. Fingers crossed we see an article soon saying they've broken up! ;)

I'll second that.

i am not familiar with news of the world but i am often surprised at how accurate some tabloid reports are.

Chelsy Davy: News and Current Events: Part 3

As was done in the Kate Middleton thread, the three British Forums moderators decided this thread also needed a clean-up.

All off-topic comments not relating to Chelsy Davy current events have been removed.
All arguments as to whether Kate goes clubbing more than Chelsy, or vice versa, have been removed.

This thread is for the discussion of Chelsy Davy current events; any post that is off topic or involves the rehashing of the same old arguments is subject to removal.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom