The Birth of HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in the camp of 'they will have one more baby'...I expect another announcement when she's around 38.

LaRae

It is totally speculative, but I don't think they will have another baby. They are already above the expected number of children for modern families in the developed countries (which is two) and there is no need (in terms of succession issues) to have a fourth child. Of course, if they want to, they can have another baby, but, again, I don't see it coming.

My mom thinks the opposite when I said this baby will probably be their last child. She said she is young and healthy, because 36 is very young on a age that most women give birth on their 40s. She told me that she expects another pregnancy annoucement when she's 38/39. And who wouldn't want to have 2 boys and 2 girls? Every women's dream my mom said (my mom only had one boy and one girl though). My mom is a true baby watcher:lol:

I love your mom! I have two boys and two girls, and it’s fantastic. I remember my OB saying, as he delivered my last, “two and two - how did you do that?”

I know William loves the Middleton family, and emulates a lot of what they do - so maybe three kids? However, maybe they will go for number 4 - matching the Queen’s number. Hopefully with a final baby girl...

The way things are with three children, each one has something that is special about them. George is the firstborn son and will be King one day. Charlotte is the only girl and is special in that respect. The new little prince will always have a special spot as the baby of the family.

I'm not even going to speculate on another child. That is totally up to them to decide on if and when the time comes.

It would be lovely if someday Kate and Meghan could give birth in close time one to the other.

That will become a reality when Baby (Sussex?) arrives on Valentines Day 2019. ❤️

It is totally speculative, but I don't think they will have another baby. They are already above the expected number of children for modern families in the developed countries (which is two) and there is no need (in terms of succession issues) to have a fourth child. Of course, if they want to, they can have another baby, but, again, I don't see it coming.

Both of them have said they want a large family...we'll have to see how they define that.

LaRae

I think it makes sense for the little prince to be the last for William and Kate. Life gets increasingly difficult for the spare and the spare to the spare etc. the older they get. They have to try and justify their existence in full view of a critical media in the UK. Even working as hard as any British royal likely ever has hasn't really convinced the British media and public of the relevance and necessity of Princess Anne for example, let alone her younger brothers.

George is the heir and Charlotte will have an acceptable role at the very least until he marries. The new little prince will likely be the 'cheeky' more 'laid-back' younger prince as Harry is to William. After that these kids are likely going to have to live as non-working royals which isn't easy in the UK - see the trials of Beatrice and Eugenie. The spares from other royal families can move abroad and live in relative peace because the media interest is much less intense.

This may seem very cold and clinical but I think it should be taken into account by the family.

I doubt if a third or 4th child would be relegated to "non working".. given that they are probably going to slim down the royal family's working people. in 20 years time they might be very pleased to have 3 young royals starting their careers.. However I agree tat the more children they have, the more likely it is that the public will get bored or feel that "one more" is too many

^ AMEN, and AMEN again^

Large families are delightful [if one likes 'that sort of thing'], but for the BRF they present a wide range of difficult issues...

As far as the work issue..if it's true like folks say, Harry's children will not be working royals then it will just be siblings that George has to rely on. Charlotte may not remain actively working or working full time after she marries and has her own family...a fourth sibling would be a help.

LaRae

The Birth of HRH Prince xxx of Cambridge: April 23, 2018

I really don’t think the media or public should have any bearing on how many children they have. That is and should remain a personal choice.

They can handle the work related issues in due course. A lot has changed in terms of expectations since William was born. A lot will change in the next 20 or so years. No one knows how things will look then. They can cross that bridge as they get closer to it.

As an extreme example, but BRF may cease to exist. Highly unlikely, but who knows. So really- I just can’t see basing the number of children they have around what people MIGHT think decades from now. Or at all.

Last edited:
I was on the Tube when I heard the news of the Birth, and when [in my excitement] I announced it to my fellow passengers, a disagreeable fellow piped up "ANOTHER bloody mouth to feed"...
There is miserablist element of the public who won't see the need for Royal 'workers'. and who ARE vocal in their view that 'rich people' having MORE children 'at our expense' isn't a good thing.
The 'Firm' needs to bear that in mind..

I was on the Tube when I heard the news of the Birth, and when [in my excitement] I announced it to my fellow passengers, a disagreeable fellow piped up "ANOTHER bloody mouth to feed"...
There is miserablist element of the public who won't see the need for Royal 'workers'. and who ARE vocal in their view that 'rich people' having MORE children 'at our expense' isn't a good thing.

I'm not British, so obviously I have no say and I'm not one hundred percent clear on how finances work with the Royals. but they have their own money as well, do they not? How much does that factor? If the monarchy were abolished tomorrow, they could certainly still afford to raise a family of 3 or 4 children very comfortably.

Could they be waiting for Charles to visit his new grandson before announcing the name? I'm surprised the Queen doesn't seem to have visited yet.

I disagree. It's up to William and Catherine to choose if they want another child or not, not the public or media. And really, there will always be people to complain, not only for the number of their children but also for other factors, such as their lifestyle, the price of clothes, their vacation destinations, among many others. Even if they had only George there would be complains. You can't please everyone in this world. So William and Catherine are free and I hope they don't restrain their family ideal just because of what others might think.

Of course William and Kate are entitled to decide how many children they have. All the same, I feel they should take into account the sort of live these spares to the spares will likely lead 20+ years from now. They will spend their entire lives trying to justify their positions and roles in face of a media that's not likely to get kinder to them. Like it or not, I'd say the the big majority of people don't see being a working royal as real work at all and certainly wouldn't agree that we need 8 or 10 of them at any one time.

The experiences of Anne, Andrew and Edward should sound as a warning to the Cambridges as well as Harry and Meghan. Decades of almost constant criticism (some deserved much of it not), of being constrained in how they live their lives, marriages suffering under the burden of a critical press, the list goes on. Their children have suffered to a certain extent also in this.

Much as a large family is obviously a blessing, the Cambridges are not just a family. They are the keepers of an ancient institution who need to look ahead past the point where their children are just adorable little princes and princesses.

Considering William is oh so very concerned with overpopulation, he better not have a fourth. Nobody likes a hypocrite.

I think anyone who complains about another mouth to feed would do so regardless of the number of children.

If William’s children aren’t going to be working royals then who’s left?

The current working royals aren’t exactly youngsters. Somebody will have to do the ‘menial’ stuff while George is off being the heir.

I'm in the camp of 'they will have one more baby'...I expect another announcement when she's around 38.

LaRae

If a fourth child is to be born, the announcement could be made when Catherine is 37.

I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children. Poor William and Catherine, just because they are in a very famous institution world-wide, they have restraints from every angle of their life. Even if they are royal, they are human beings and family first and foremost.

I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children.

Let alone about Sheikhs from Gulf States who have 20+ children with many wives:D

I never saw complains about Mathilde and Phillippe 4 children, or Mary and Frederik 4 children, or Joachim 4 children, or Rania and Abdullah 4 children, or even in the Liechenstein royal family who have lotssss of children. Poor William and Catherine, just because they are in a very famous institution world-wide, they have restraints from every angle of their life. Even if they are royal, they are human beings and family first and foremost.

I agree. :flowers: Who knows what the world, no less than the world of (British) royalty, is going to look like in 20 years. What is clear is that life goes on and family is important.

Just looking at Kate deeply absorbed with her newborn and one knows these little baby-beings call to us to bring them into being, and once present in the world, one cannot imagine life without them. ❤️

If there is one more to come and the Cambridges are lucky enough to have a raucous house full of lively children growing up, it is a blessing they should not deny themselves. JMO. ;)

I agree. People are really horrible, not only saying in the comments such as why we aren't praising Alfie Evans’ precious life what is more important than royal baby (I had to Google) ... but also why such hype... why to have a 3rd child when the world is overpopulated... who should pay for Cambridge children’s lifestyle (I look to you DailyMail)...

This is almost bullying, I can’t believe such negativism, and criticism even exists.

I think Kate and William are going to have fourth child in a few years, why not, they are in love in a happy, stable marriage, together for 15 years, which shows commitment, children are precious gift... yes I know Kate has difficult pregnancies but after the birth you forget all pain, and all it matters is a healthy baby and happy mum.

They also had said they would like to have a big family. Why not, having four like Elizabeth and Philip?

Last edited:
Could they be waiting for Charles to visit his new grandson before announcing the name? I'm surprised the Queen doesn't seem to have visited yet.

I think they have held off announcing the name on Anzac Day to avoid relegating the coverage of the memorial services off the front page.

Charles went to France, William, Harry & Meghan were at WA - there were other tributes around the Commonwealth. It just seems that announcing the name would have buried all of the commemoration.

This announcement is something they can control and of which they are very respectful. I expect a Thursday announcement.

Whether Will and Kate will have another baby that's their business and not anyone else's. Some people are just out of their minds thinking they have a say in that...Everybody has the right to decide whether they want children or not and how many. With that said let's just move on from that subject because that is incredibly sad...

I love this drawing! The artist is wonderfully talented! :flowers:

Yes, I think it is their last. She had such difficult pregnancies that i wonder how she agreed to give birth to the third))

Except really she's only had a difficult couple of months near the beginnings and seems to have easy childbirths.

Let’s move on. The thread is about the birth of the new Prince, not a debate about if/when/should the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will have a fourth child.

I think we will have the name tomorrow, if not then Friday. I doubt for a weekend annoucement.

I think tomorrow or Friday too. They have to get all their little rubber duckies in a row first and lined up properly before they quack out the new prince's name to us. :D

Back
Top Bottom