The Babywatch.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Of course it's early yet, but I saw a copy of Se og Hør in the store 10 minutes ago where they stated on the outside that the doctors are looking more after her... they think the baby might come early. (I didn't have a chance to actually buy it, to see what it said inside.)

So... hereby starting the babywatch.

The heir is due 22. January. Do you think he/she will be early, late or just on time?

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 6th, 2004 - 1:49 pm
Of course it's early yet, but I saw a copy of Se og Hør in the store 10 minutes ago where they stated on the outside that the doctors are looking more after her... they think the baby might come early. (I didn't have a chance to actually buy it, to see what it said inside.)

The heir is due 22. January. Do you think he/she will be early, late or just on time?

I don´t know so i like to say let the time tell us when heir are coming to the throne in Norway.

I guess Norway will be a bit of a hot spot for royal watchers in the next couple of weeks!

Does Mette-Marit have any events scheduled over the next couple of weeks until her due date? Or was her January calendar cleared in expectation of the baby?

The festivities around the Nobel Peace Prize were her last public appearances until after the birth.

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Jan 6th, 2004 - 3:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Jan 6th, 2004 - 3:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@Jan 6th, 2004 - 1:49 pm

I don´t know so i like to say let the time tell us when heir are coming to the throne in Norway. [/b][/quote]
In a "normal pregnancy", babies usually come when they're ready. I thought it was kind-of-over-the-top when the Norweigian parliament, or whoever stated that the baby will arrive on January 22, 2004. Did they know this as actual fact? Anyone can calibrate something like this with a simple math. (Look at what happened with CP Maxima and Amalia?? AND Sophie and Edward??) :unsure: When babies are "well - cooked", (a physician term), during a healthy and normal pregnancy, they'll make their appearance when they are ready. ;) An afterthought: I CAN'T WAIT TIL IT COMES!! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BABY!!
;)

Elizajane

It was the date given out in a press release by the Palace. Of course babies come when they're ready...

I'm beginning to get anxious for it though. I've got no patience when it comes to waiting for something, especially when there isn't much else that goes on in the royal Norwegian news.

I would imagine that the Royals are waiting anxiously too.

From vg.no
Kan få søsken i bursdagsgave

Skulle kronprinsesse Mette-Marit føde før termin, kan Norges nye tronarving komme til verden på storebror Marius' syvårsdag.

Av ELLEN LIMSTRAND

GAVE?
Den blivende storebroren har bursdag tirsdag 13. januar. Kronprinsessen har termin torsdag 22. januar, men fødselen kan skje når som helst innen et tidsrom på to uker før og etter terminen. 

- Fødsel nummer to kommer stort sett rundt terminen, som andre fødsler, sier klinikksjef og professor Thomas Åbyholm på Kvinneklinikken ved Rikshospitalet, som understreker at han uttaler seg på generelt grunnlag. 

Sammen med professor Babill Stray-Pedersen leder han fødselsteamet som skal ta imot Norges tronarving på Rikshospitalet. 

Går Kronprinsessen på overtid, kan hun imidlertid trøste seg med at hun mest sannsynlig vil få en enklere fødsel enn da hun fikk Marius. 

- Fødsel nummer to er ofte en lettere fødsel som også ofte varer noe kortere enn fødsel nummer én, sier professor Åbyholm. 

norwegianne  Posted: Jan 6th, 2004 - 1:49 pm

Too late ... I'd say the 20th of January.

if its the 22nd .... then it would on the same date as my brother-in-law ... a real grump.

10 days to due date, and Aftenposten.no had an article on how the Crown Princess has been guaranteed a place at the hospital when she's giving birth...

Due date nears for next royal heir

Crown Princess Mette-Marit, in contrast to all other expectant Norwegian mothers, is guaranteed a room at the National Hospital in Oslo when she goes into labour soon. Otherwise, doctors say she won't get much special treatment.

The crown princess' due date is January 22, but hospital staff is standing by to receive her any day now. Rumors have been flying that the hospital(Rikshospitalet), will close off an entire wing of its maternity ward when Mette-Marit arrives, but officials say that's not true.

"There neither has been nor will be any closing of any wing in connection with the birth," said Dr Thomas Aabyholm.

He said he could confirm, however, that "the crown couple will get the space they need when the time comes, not least with regards to security."

The relatively new Rikshospitalet, where Princess Martha Louise gave birth last spring, is a popular place and turned away around 650 expectant mothers last year. On Monday, its maternity ward was so full that some new mothers were placed in the corridors.

Doctors also have asked new parents to limit visitors, in order to reduce congestion in the maternity ward.

Mette-Marit´s due date nears.When do you think will the new heir be born an waht will be his gender and name???

1.Girl
2.January 19th, 2.36p.m.
3.Sofia Astrid Louise

:heart: ;)

- Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit på Rikshospitalet

Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit var lørdag på Rikshospitalet, ifølge TV 2 Nettavisen.

Hun skal ha ankommet sykehuset lørdag formiddag og forlatt Rikshospitalet like før klokken 13.30.

Slottets informasjonssjef Wenche Rasch vil overfor NTB ikke bekrefte kronprinsessens sykehusbesøk.

Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit har termin torsdag 22. januar.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

The Crown Princess was at the National Hospital, for the last routine check-up today before the birth, according to Nettavisen.no. The Royal Palace doesn't want to confirm anything.

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 17th, 2004 - 1:08 pm
The Crown Princess was at the National Hospital, for the last routine check-up today before the birth, according to Nettavisen.no. The Royal Palace doesn't want to confirm anything.
Oh! Does that mean we could expect a royal birth much sooner than expected?!

How exciting!

Well, I don't know much about pregnancies... but it's natural to have some check-ups. I think this was just blown out of proportion, since the next time she goes into the hospital it will be to have the baby (unless something happens with members of her family before then, of course)

It also seems like Marius' nanny is going to be the new baby's nanny. It makes sense: when you've got a nanny you're comfortable with you don't want to switch.

so she did visit a hospital on a saturday, just for a check up?
could it be that they thought it was time?

All the newspapers' web-pages state that it was just a check-up. Of course since the palace aren't confirming or denying anything... *shrugs* it's hard to know.

We won't be told when labor starts, but I believe that the palace will announce it in a press release when she enters the hospital to have the baby.

i thiught it was strange to have a check up on a saturday, but then again I have a exam tomorrow (a sunday)

I don't know... maybe they're hoping for less attention from the press, since it's Saturday. The doctors are at the hospital anyway, as that doesn't shut down at weekends.

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 17th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
All the newspapers' web-pages state that it was just a check-up. 

We won't be told when labor starts, but I believe that the palace will announce it in a press release when she enters the hospital to have the baby.
Not on a saturday + not in the morning - because she left 1:30 pm --> most likely this was a false alarm imo

The palace info has stated they will not give info when Mette-Marit is getting in to Rikshospitalet.

I guess, they will confirm on some media's direct questions -

but their answer may possibly be deliberately delayed to keep the privacy.

good grief for Princess Merit-Marit but she would must have baby on weekend!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by anna+Jan 17th, 2004 - 5:54 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Jan 17th, 2004 - 5:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@Jan 17th, 2004 - 9:07 pm

Not on a saturday + not in the morning - because she left 1:30 pm --> most likely this was a false alarm imo

The palace info has stated they will not give info when Mette-Marit is getting in to Rikshospitalet.

I guess, they will confirm on some media's direct questions -

but their answer may possibly be deliberately delayed to keep the privacy. [/b][/quote]
ah, okay. There was some discussion about this when Märtha Lousise was pregnant, and they announced it then.

Of course the press is probably hiding in the bushes around all the entrances to the hospital from now until the baby's announced born if they won't get a press release that she's gone into labour :innocent:

Originally posted by anna+Jan 17th, 2004 - 11:54 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Jan 17th, 2004 - 11:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@Jan 17th, 2004 - 9:07 pm

[/b][/quote]
More thinking along the same lines ;)

Mette-Marit makes surprise hospital visit - 19 Jan, 10:33

In two days (my time, anyway!) it will be D-day -- or at least the D-day as announced publicly. Mette-Marit and Haakon must be very anxious -- I know I am!

Fireweaver...I just logged on to tell the board that Aftenposten is now reporting that Mette-Marit is in the hospital and doing well. Looks like you beat me to it! :lol:

Hopefully we'll have a new royal baby soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom