The Baby is Coming - Maxima Admitted to Hospital

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets make the time to baby birth shorter and say each other in which countries are you waiting? I´m in Czech Republic, and you?

Originally posted by Alexandra@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:39 pm
But nowadays fathers-to-be are nearly always with the mother during the delivery. It is something like a "must" that men have to be there. I don't know any couples, where the father-to-be was not there with the mother-to-be. One of my sisters has eight girls and even with the last delivery her husband was there with her. Well, they like children! There is a say, that a man would become a better father when he had seen his child born. But that I really do not believe.
eight girls ?

I am of to my mom and dad soon.....

sitting by a computer in Sweden...

Originally posted by Yirina77@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:39 pm
Lets make the time to baby birth shorter and say each other in which countries are you waiting? I´m in Czech Republic, and you?
I'm at the Belgian-Dutch border!!!

"There is a say, that a man would become a better father when he had seen his child born. But that I really do not believe"

I don't know about that. I just know that I will faint at the sight of blood!

An American and an Internationalist!

So WA usually smoke or just smoke because of the nerves??? Is he smoking right outside the ward or the hospital??

I really do hope that he doesn't smoke any other times.

Wonders where the cigarettes were from. Someone with him provided to him just in case he couldn't stand tension?? Wouldn't it be better if he just bite his fingernails?

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Dec 7th, 2003 - 4:33 pm
Well, the birth is going to cost me a lot of money LOL. Special magazines, books, etc. etc.
Oh, Sophie, I'll envy you! In our papers there will be a few lines telling the news and in the magazines perhaps just a picture or two. People are not so interested in royals here. Luckily I get a German paper :blush: and there will be more pictures. I know, I know about the German magazines ... but it is the only one I can get hold of.

Well, according to the activity here, everyone around the world is just as nervous/excited as the father-to-be LOL

Well, my local bookstore has Hello and some German newspapers. I will not touch the Teutonic tabloids! But I hope there will be something in the Hello.

Australia

"There is a say, that a man would become a better father when he had seen his child born. But that I really do not believe"

That's most probably because, if the men has seen how difficult the whole process was and what their wives have went through, they would've been better fathers".

Originally posted by Yirina77@Dec 7th, 2003 - 4:39 pm
Finland. And the time is just 16.50. How late is it in your countries?

Not one person said anything about my pun. O, well.

Originally posted by Poppy@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:47 pm
Australia

That's most probably because, if the men has seen how difficult the whole process was and what their wives have went through, they would've been better fathers".
I thought is has something to do with more respect for their wife??

Great. With this conversation going as it is, I'm going to look like a future bad husband by the end of it.

"I will not touch the Teutonic tabloids! "

I don´t understand this sentence....
What´s teutonic

We have here in Czech Republic 15:52, the same time a in Netherlands, I think....

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:51 pm
Great. With this conversation going as it is, I'm going to look like a future bad husband by the end of it.
I don't think so. Stay positive :flower:

It's a word for German. Goes back to the Latin "Teutoni" which referred to the Celtic tribes of modern day Germany.

Originally posted by Alexandra+Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandra @ Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-royal_sophietje@Dec 7th, 2003 - 4:33 pm
Well, the birth is going to cost me a lot of money LOL. Special magazines, books, etc. etc.
Oh, Sophie, I'll envy you! In our papers there will be a few lines telling the news and in the magazines perhaps just a picture or two. People are not so interested in royals here. Luckily I get a German paper :blush: and there will be more pictures. I know, I know about the German magazines ... but it is the only one I can get hold of. [/b][/quote]
I can always scan some things B) ;)

Originally posted by liv@Dec 7th, 2003 - 9:51 am
"I will not touch the Teutonic tabloids! "

I don´t understand this sentence....
What´s teutonic
Germanic, or something along those lines.

Originally posted by Yirina77@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:53 pm
We have here in Czech Republic 15:52, the same time a in Netherlands, I think....
Yep

Thanks, Sophie. I'm just saying I'm a wimp and my wife will understand. Yes, Yirina, the same time. CET.

As for why I won't read the German papers, I hope that I do not have to explain. :angry:

Too many people answering the questions at the same time. If someone has a question, ask it of a particular person. A little test while we wait!

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 9:55 am
Thanks, Sophie. I'm just saying I'm a wimp and my wife will understand. Yes, Yirina, the same time. CET.

As for why I won't read the German papers, I hope that I do not have to explain. :angry:
Was in Germany this summer, and although I don't read German (my sister read it to me) and was only away from Norway for 10 days, things couldn't have changed *that* much...

Some of them seems to have a very vivid imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom