Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the King was in France today? I was watching the Nadal v Hewitt tennis match and they always pick out famous people during the changeovers and as the camera panned round there was someone who looked very much like the King, there was someone a few rows behind him with a very big Spanish flag.

Amy said:
Does anyone know if the King was in France today? I was watching the Nadal v Hewitt tennis match and they always pick out famous people during the changeovers and as the camera panned round there was someone who looked very much like the King, there was someone a few rows behind him with a very big Spanish flag.
could be... he and the queen has been on holiday since friday. Perhaps they went to St Maxime?

Today Saturday, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip were on the west coast, in Gothenburg, to attend the finish of the Volvo Ocean Race.

Victoria, who is godmother of Team Ericsson's yacht, she was also the one who christened it, was onboard for the last few hours of the race, going to the port of Gothenburg were tens of thousands of people met up.

She commented to BYM News:
"I am extremely happy and proud to have crossed the finish line with a team that has sailed around the world. I realized when I sailed with the team during the Rio de Janeiro in-port race, how difficult and technical racing at this level is. I find it incredible that they can sail at such a competitive level offshore as well. I am very proud of my team and to have been involved with the project since the very beginning."

http://www.bymnews.com/new/content/view/30871/48/

Prince Carl Philip, the protector of the race, awarded the prizes at the prize giving ceremony. Let's hope for more pictures of that tomorrow!

Pictures 1-2 are by Paul Vreeker/Reuters via Yahoo News, 2-3 are by Peter Gustafsson for BYM News.

Attachments

• Volvo Ocean Race finish 17 jun 2006_2.jpg
    Volvo Ocean Race finish 17 jun 2006_2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Peter Gustafsson, BYM News.jpg
    Peter Gustafsson, BYM News.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Peter Gustafsson, BYM News2.jpg
    Peter Gustafsson, BYM News2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Volvo Ocean Race finish 17 jun 2006_1.jpg
    Volvo Ocean Race finish 17 jun 2006_1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 247
oh nice to see some new photos of the siblings. Sweden has fantastic weather at the moment so sailing is a perfect thing to do :)

I dont like Victorias glasses at all... they look weird on her. The ones she wore in Brazil was much better! And Carl Philip; what can I say?! Handsome as usual :D

Thanks for the photos hope to see more Victoria and Carl philip look great.:)

Yennie said:
oh nice to see some new photos of the siblings. Sweden has fantastic weather at the moment so sailing is a perfect thing to do :)

I dont like Victorias glasses at all... they look weird on her. The ones she wore in Brazil was much better! And Carl Philip; what can I say?! Handsome as usual :D

I agree that Victoria's sunglasses look a little odd on her. The shape of the glasses don't match the shape of her face. Now that Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest ads are everywhere here in Cali, everytime I see Carl Philip and Orlando Bloom I'm reminded of the other. Not complaining, both are so handsome!

Thanks for the beautiful photos, GrandDuchess!

Thank you so much, GrandDuchess, for the beautiful pictures from Gothenburg. It is very nice to see the siblings doing some official things together.
I do agree with all of you: Carl Philip really looks very sweet and handsome. ;)
Hope to see more pictures from yesterday and today.

Volvo Ocean Race

from facetoface

Attachments

• 00975149.jpg
    00975149.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 00975157.jpg
    00975157.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 00975158.jpg
    00975158.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 00975156.jpg
    00975156.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 00975155.jpg
    00975155.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 192
  • 00975154.jpg
    00975154.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 00975153.jpg
    00975153.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 00975152.jpg
    00975152.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 00975151.jpg
    00975151.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 00975150.jpg
    00975150.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
More from facetoface

Attachments

• 00975159.jpg
    00975159.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 00975160.jpg
    00975160.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 00975161.jpg
    00975161.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 187
wow

Victoria is such a great girl! You can just tell from the pictures that she doesn't consider it a "duty" to be there, shes having a good time! And look at her was with children! The little girl cries and she tries to console her!! I think some day she will make a loving and attentive mother!!!:p

A little earlier today, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip were the first people to go through the 1,6 km long, multi billion SEK new Göta Tunnel in Gothenburg via car. It was done with a vintage car cortège throgh the tunnel, and it was a part of the Volvo Ocean Race fesitivities this weekend. Victoria went in a Jacob, and open Volvo from 1927, and Carl Philip in a a Volvo truck from 1928, driven by the Volvo CEO.

Pictures by Anders Wejrot via Expressen.

Attachments

• 26f7e9ff.jpg
    26f7e9ff.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 227
  • ce9a18f0.jpg
    ce9a18f0.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 332
hmm

doesn't it seem like CP and CPV are doing a lot of duties lately that Madeleine is missing out on? It seems too bad that she can't be there for any of these activities.:(

Great to see this pictures of Victoria and Carl Phillip!
He looks so extremely handsome! :eek: :cool:
Thanks for posting!

GrandDuchess, thanks for the two pictures and the informations about visit in Gothenburg of the crown princess and her brother.

fanletizia, thanks for the nice pictures from Volvo Ocean race end in Gothenburg.

Which place did the Ericsson-boat at the end of the race?

ursulajohanna said:
Which place did the Ericsson-boat at the end of the race?
5th place I think. Obviously not as good as they wanted, but they're already making new plans for the next Volvo Ocean Race starting in 2008. I hope Crown Princess Victoria will be godmother of the Ericsson boat then as well.

The royal family are together at Solliden to celebrate Victorias 29th birthday today. Yesterday they amused themself with watersports.
I spy; Carl Philip, Jonas Bergström and the King :)

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=633442

photo by Stefan Söderström/ Suvad Mrkonjic via Expressen

Attachments

• 0c8999bf.jpg
    0c8999bf.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 016bf88b.jpg
    016bf88b.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 75446316.jpg
    75446316.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 239
  • cbe10b49.jpg
    cbe10b49.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Thank you, Yennie.
I am pretty sure this is Jonas. And not that I want to add fuel to the fire or rumours...but why do we never see the king with Daniel, but more with Jonas :confused:

BTW I´ve never seen such a thing, they are pulling with the boat. I just know the big tires, you can sit it. It looks funny though...

That is most definitely the very handsome Jonas Bergström! No bodyguard looks that delicious :D

Great pictures, finally something from their summer holidays! I'd love to see Carl Philip and Emma together in pictures again, I loved the ones we got from France a few years ago now.

I think Jonas is very handsome and a great boyfriend from Madeleine but I wonder if he ever gets tired of following Madeleine? When she moved, he moved, when she came back for a quick trip to Sweden, he came with her. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but I wonder if he ever gets tired of it. I know we don't know if he wants to or she asks him or whatever but it seems like they're always together.

It's nice of them to come for Victoria's birthday though and Jonas looks like he's having fun with Carl Philip and the King. Probably the two hardest obstacles he has to pass to get permisison to marry Madeleine :D.

soCal girl said:
I think Jonas is very handsome and a great boyfriend from Madeleine but I wonder if he ever gets tired of following Madeleine? When she moved, he moved, when she came back for a quick trip to Sweden, he came with her. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but I wonder if he ever gets tired of it. I know we don't know if he wants to or she asks him or whatever but it seems like they're always together.
I definitely understand what you mean, it can definitely seem like that. But on the other hand, I think this also shows that their relationship is very strong now. That they wanted to stay together so much that both of them moved across the Atlantic together. I would also suspect that this was something they decided together, Jonas had finished law school and needed some practice at a good lawfirm, and Madeleine also wanted to continue her education as princess - so New York was probably the ultimate place for them. Privacy at the same time as they could develop themselves and continue their relationship.

The press has written that Jonas is starting his first job position at a very good lawfirm in Stockholm in the autumn, so I don't think he's going back to New York anymore, unless it's for vacationing. We'll have to wait to sometime in August to know what Princess Madeleine will be doing though.

This must've been the worst summer ever when it comes to pictures and news from the Royal Family's holiday... Only a few pictures of the King and Queen in St Maxime, and a whole bunch of rather boring ones of Princess Madeleine and Jonas at an airport (completely missing out on vacation pictures from St Tropez this year!)... :bang: A big boo to the mainstream press from me. :mad:

Well anyway, here's a picture from 15 July, the day after Crown Princess Victoria's birthday. It's a tradition for the King's sister and other friends and family to come visit the royals at Solliden every summer, and this year it seems at least one of the sisters were there on Victoria's birthday even.

From the left to right are: Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, Princess Lilian, the Queen and the King. Behind Princess Lilian is Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, Princess Désirée's husband. Does anyone know who the young man in sun glasses is, and the older one looking down to the ground? Perhaps Yennie or Lena, any clues?

Picture scanned by me, from Pressens Bild via Svensk Damtidning.

Attachments

• Sommaren 2006, 15 juli.jpg
    Sommaren 2006, 15 juli.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
This must've been the worst summer ever when it comes to pictures and news from the Royal Family's holiday... Only a few pictures of the King and Queen in St Maxime, and a whole bunch of rather boring ones of Princess Madeleine and Jonas at an airport (completely missing out on vacation pictures from St Tropez this year!)... :bang: A big boo to the mainstream press from me. :mad:

I agree that the press is getting extremely lazy as the years go by. Victoria, Carl Philip, and especially Madeleine are in their peak right now when it comes to "sexy" vacation shots. I thought we might get a fuzzy picture of Madeleine on the beach but we didn't :sad: . We know she was at the beach because of her tan! :cool: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
But the summer isnt over yet... Victorias UD course starts in september and Madeleine will probably stay in Sweden a few weeks more... lets hope some paparazzies finds them so we´ll get some photos :)

GrandDuchess, I think the young men with glases is Prince Carl Philip?! :cool:

GrandDuchess said:
From the left to right are: Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, Princess Lilian, the Queen and the King. Behind Princess Lilian is Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, Princess Désirée's husband. Does anyone know who the young man in sun glasses is, and the older one looking down to the ground? Perhaps Yennie or Lena, any clues?

Picture scanned by me, from Pressens Bild via Svensk Damtidning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it could be Carl Philip... if not I have no idea who he is. As far as I know there are no other male relatives around that age?

Carl Philip, really?! If it is, he looks very very different in that picture! And the style of clothes is also quite different, not what we usually see him in... But perhaps it is...

if it's really carl Philip, wow... he looks so different. But he's stil handsome as usual.

Junior WaterPrize

Are there any pictures of the Junior WaterPrize & WaterPrize? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom