"Style and Splendour: Queen Maud of Norway's Wardrobe" exhibition

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank for the pics of Maud's dresses, Mandy. I have recently bought the book "Style and Splendour: The Wardrobe of Queen Maud of Norway" by V&A musuem in London. Its a wonderful book with beautiful pics and info. about her dresses. I will try to post some as soon as I get the time.

I read Majesty Magazine its really nice clothes for Maud she wores for long times what years she wores till her death?

and she collectors clothes,hats,furs with fox,purses,evening dresses,daytime dresses,whatever!

but i not read about Norway Royals history mostly no! but i do read British Royals history more!

Sara Boyce

I haven't seen the exhibit nor had i been to the website link you provided. Her coronation gown and her three evening gowns are spectacular so i must thank you very much for posting the link.

diamondlil said:
If you haven't had the chance do visit the Queen Maud: Style and Splendor exhibit at the V&A it is magnificent.

It finishes on January 8, 2006, so by the time i'm in London it will be over!:(
Does anyone know will the exhibition be going to Norway or anywhere else in the world? It would be a shame for all those fantastic gowns to be going back into storage.

Pink Tulip said:
It finishes on January 8, 2006, so by the time i'm in London it will be over!:(
Does anyone know will the exhibition be going to Norway or anywhere else in the world? It would be a shame for all those fantastic gowns to be going back into storage.
The gowns are owned by one of the Norwegian museums, I believe, which had them on exhibition long before they were exhibited in Britain. (The name in English escapes me now.) King Harald and his sisters donated them after their father's death.

I'm sure the gowns will go back for further exhibition in the museum in Oslo.

norwegianne said:
The gowns are owned by one of the Norwegian museums, I believe, which had them on exhibition long before they were exhibited in Britain. (The name in English escapes me now.) King Harald and his sisters donated them after their father's death.

I'm sure the gowns will go back for further exhibition in the museum in Oslo.

Thankyou norwegianne. I hope they do go back to Norway soon because I should be there sometime next summer.;)

Back
Top Bottom