State Visit from Slovakia to Spain: October 22-24, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she has used the same top twice before, once with a wonderbra and another one without it:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8820/attachmentau8.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5271/attachmentci9.jpg

(Angeli)

the first one was in the visit of the President of Peru, the second one I don't remember, another State Visit:)

This time: nice top, earrings and the necklace is wow!, but those bracelets are a big no no
the skirt: the others she wore before suit better the top than this one, which looks a bit too dull for such a vibrant top, much better something more colourful

I don't mind the style of the skirt, but patterns and color are ugly and mismatched with the top. She hadn't been to a gala for so long, I'm disappointed that she didn't buy a new one-piece dress this time ?
I have never liked this Valentino gown of the Queen, one of the worst of her Valentino collections.

Last edited:
Interesting! I think the opposite. I think the skirt part adds some fullness that Letizia does not naturally have. If I think back to her dress choices with the exception of one or two most have had some fullness somewhere to help her out.

Oh, I agree with you, the skirt adds the fullness that she needs, but the top accentutates her frailness, for lack of a better word. She is much too thin for so much open on top.

the skirt is furniture-fabric-like:cool: ugly and too dull

she has used the same top twice before, once with a wonderbra and another one without it:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8820/attachmentau8.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5271/attachmentci9.jpg

I'm likely the only one that sees all three to be slightly different. But of these two above. The shoulder straps look different. And I doubt that it is just that she is simply wearing them up over her shoulder and then down on her arms. Now for tonight's dress, if you look at any close-ups of this bodice it seems the material is different, I think I noticed some slight gathering. There is something more going on then there was with the other two bodices. But that is just my opinion. And I could only pick up on it from ANP pics.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I am of a single mind here, I really like her dress. I think she looks lovely.

is wonderful see th lady's in tiara. Letizia is ery elegant and original. i hope came bigger pics...

WOW WOW what a necklace.do the necklace and earing belong to the same set?because the rubies color is the same.it just lacks a bracelet.

I think the earrings are the same she wore in Denmark but the necklace looks new

Not sure what Letizia was thinking of but it certainly did not have anything to do with the event. She looks tired, annoyed or at least bored to death. Elbow on the table is a NoNo - rule No 1 even for small children.

Hmmm ... Letizia is wearing a tiara so it must be a gala dinner, correct? I am very disappointed with her attitude. Recycled top (not just once) together with some boring or even cheap looking skirt ... doesn't Felipe's budget allow a proper gala dress for his wife? It looks like she or whoever did an unloving mix-and-match job without any deeper reflection. Make up is nice and her hair is properly done but I bet if there was no tiara Letizia had shown up with her usual wash and go hair.

As much as she loves her daughters, she could have left the bracelets at home for this evening only as there is a total mismatch with the rest of the "heavy" jewellery.

The first gala dinner after 1 1/2 years ... no idea why Letizia missed another chance to sparkle. No effort, just dull and uninspired.

Wait a little and go to weirimage before to kill your favorite victim!

Help, help Idon't know how to dowload weirimage.... and the most important how enlarge the pics!

Wait a little and go to weirimage before to kill your favorite victim!

Help, help Idon't know how to dowload weirimage.... and the most important how enlarge the pics!

:flowers: A close up of the skirt would be nice. So far it looks like a rug but I'd be thrilled if there are any pics that prove otherwise ;)

Dear Paty, if you are here Weirimage please: upon 26 pics about the gala dinner 25 of the Princess of Asturias whom some look absolutly beautifull, but as you know the size of the shots are too little to see the details!!!!

obviously princess has decided to spend most of her money on jewellery and hardly on her clothes unless it is a very very very important event for her.

obviously princess has decided to spend most of her money on jewellery and hardly on her clothes unless it is a very very very important event for her.

I think that the jewellery wore by the Princess of Asturias this night belong to the Royal Familly of Spain. The earrings were belonging to the Countess of Barcelone and we can suppose that the necklace too, doing a whole of Rubies and diamonds set estupendous because discret!

Why does everyone think that she is taking one top and putting it with another skirt? That just does not make sense to me. Possibly I am the strange one. But this is a royal family. Do you really think they are that hard up that they make the wife of their crown prince and likely one of the most looked at women in Spain recycle the bodice of a dress and stick it with a different skirt now 3 different times. Sorry, but I am not convinced at all. This would have to be the cheapest royal family in the world if that were the case. She has not even been a princess that terribly long(only 3 and a half years) and some really believe that it is likely she has recycled stuff that often. I'm sorry but I see some differences in all three.

Do you really think they are that hard up that they make the wife of their crown prince and likely one of the most looked at women in Spain recycle the bodice of a dress and stick it with a different skirt now 3 different times. Sorry, but I am not convinced at all. This would have to be the cheapest royal family in the world if that were the case. She has not even been a princess that terribly long(only 3 and a half years) and some really believe that it is likely she has recycled stuff that often. I'm sorry but I see some differences in all three.

That's what I saw, the same top in 3 occasions. Maybe the light made it look a little different, but it was the same top IMO. Spain doesn't have a royal finance sytem as other countries, which heavily favors the crown princely couple. It's really up to the King to distribute the money. We have no idea how much money Letizia gets for her clothes. I never understand why she didn't ask Caprile to make her a few more gowns and cocktail dresses (I love the cocktail dress she wore at the wedding of Beltran and Laura). Perhaps she couldn't afford Caprile's clothes most of the time, had to wear Varela's cheap clothes.

The ladies looked elegant and I think Letizia is allowed to be a bit tired seeing she had so many engagements these last view days.

Stellad

I like letizia's outfit a the lunch!
I like her top but her skirt is definetly from the curtain!!!!!She seems a bit tired but she did many engagement last week.

some wireimage pics:

That skirt is either from the curtains or the furniture, is UGLY :yuk:
this was her big comeback to full gala attire, why didn't she seize it?:shock::wacko:

Maybe she along with Zarzuela didn't think it was a big deal since this state visit is not as high profile as the ones of Russian, Chinese or Portugese President (I know Letizia had missed the last two). No matter what, this skirt is plainly ugly, she is better off wearing one of her old skirts.
I like her hair though. Hopefully she will have a nice hairdo at the PoA awards this Friday.

I like letizia's outfit a the lunch!
I like her top but her skirt is definetly from the curtain!!!!!She seems a bit tired but she did many engagement last week.

Or busy packing over the weekend for the PoA Awards later this week :).

Nouwrein your avatar is absolutely beautiful:flowers:

*Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"

Thank you BeautyLeonor:flowers: and thanks so much also to Lula for very prompt updates and also to crisiñaki for posting the unwatermarked pics from wireimage above :flowers:

Here are 4 more unwatermarked pics from Isifa
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681327qm0.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681350ei2.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681346kx1.png
ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681345rg7.png

First the dress is not ugly only because it's not spectacular. Then, the whole of the complete gown plus the rubies and diamonds set - earrings, necklace and bracelet- is matching with discretion.

No for the curtain because in fact it's a refined silk satin with geometric design. If all the skirt/dress/gown with geometric design will be curtain it would be many curtain in this field.

But I agree it's not so spectacular that I would to see it egoïstiquely!

If you are watching to the color of the sashe for the Princes you can understand it's a low profile state visit because they don't wear one of the Chekoslovaquia as the Kings.

How I miss the Infantas in gala dinners, they and their husbands give some style and old-fashioned elegance to these acts

`
adelaide said:
First the dress is not ugly only because it's not spectacular. Then, the whole of the complete gown plus the rubies and diamonds set - earrings, necklace and bracelet- is matching with discretion.

the earrings and necklace are a match and are simply divine, very beautiful, but she screws the effect with the golden bracelets, which do not suit the rest of the ensemble at all

the top is ok to me, but the skirt is awful, it's just a matter of taste I think ;)

I don't care if this was a low-key state dinner, she should have worn something more fitting to her role, most of what she owns looks cheap, Varela clothing isn't really that good and this matched set (even if the top isn't Varela, the skirt as it is so bad looks to be Varela) doesn't really...well...match :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I find Letizia's dress very nice. The two-piece with the patterned skirt is very elegant. Red is a very good color on her and the darker skirt brings out the elegant top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom