State Visit from Mexico to Spain: June 9-10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the visit is maintained as planned. It will be the last state visit for King Juan Carlos.

Needless to add, we all look forward to watching the press coverage of the state visit.

State Visit of Their Excellencies the President of the United Mexican States and Mrs. Rivera de Peña

King and Queen preside over the official welcome ceremony at the Pardo Royal Palace

King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias offer a lunch at Zarzuela Palace

King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias offer a gala dinner at the Royal Palace

President Peña Nieto and his wife host a reception in honor of the King and Queen at the Pardo Royal Palace

On Tuesday, June 10, Queen Sofia and Mrs. Rivera de Peña will visit the Children's Nephrology Service of "La Paz" University Hospital

On Tuesday, June 10, Queen Sofia and Mrs. Rivera de Peña will visit the Children's Nephrology Service of "La Paz" University Hospital

Is there a reason why? Other than the obvious of course. As a Kidney Transplant Recipient, my interest pricks up whenever I see or hear of Royals doing anything regarding Kidney Health, so just wondering.

For those wondering...Nephrology is the medical specialty that focuses on Kidney Health, Dialysis and Transplantation. One of many things I know and wish I didn't have personal first hand knowledge about, but I do.

060914 Spanish Royals Meet President of United States of Mexico at Zarzuela Palace - Images | jose gegundez | photographer
:flowers:Thank you for the really nice clear pictures, :)PF/PL looked so handsome. There was one picture of them together with her turning sideways just a step behind him and they are looking at each other with their eyes and that picture says it all......relief! I really like this couple, they show they are really in love and care deeply and not afraid to show it. Wishing the people of Spain all the best for their future is bright with PF/PL in charge.

According to the news reel, Enrique Peña Nieto is given the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

Last edited:
What a pretty dress the first lady of mexico is wearing...

looking forward to the gala dinner tonight! i guess this will be one of the last state dinner galas we see letizia in her role as princess...

I must say that Letizia and Angelica make a nice portrait! Both very attractive women! (Their husbands are not less handsome though) ;-)

What a very nice looking couple - I know very little about the President of Mexico, but he seems a very smart fellow and appears to have a very nice wife! How poignant this is, I think, the last State Visit for King Juan Carlos.

Well then, here are some facts about the President: His wife died of an epileptic attack, with whom he has three children. He met his current wife during his election campaign, who is a former telenovela star and proposed to her in Vatican, getting the blessing of the Pope.

Oh and he fathered a son whilst his wife was still alive and also had another child before his wife's death, however that child died in infancy. There are also rumours that he doesn't provide for his "natural" son.

just some facts...

Last edited:
I also read that his wike Angelica has 3 daughters from a former relationship... Was she divorced?

Yes she was married to a telenovela producer, José Alberto Castro until 2008.

Anyone here knows the time of the gala dinner? It's 9 pm in Spain right now.

Both royal ladies looked lovely. I'm over my initial wonderment that they both wore black and then I considered that mustard yellow ribbon -- deal Lawd! I know understand.

BTW, the First Lady of Mexico is gorgeous!

It is very poignant to see the Queen wearing the 'Fleur de Lys' tiara for the last time..

But i'm sure we all agree *she wore it well*...

Last edited:
It is very poignant to see the Queen wearing the 'Fleur de Lys' tiara for the last time..

But i'm sure we all agree *she wore it well*...
:ermm:Wyevale:
Why would this be the last time that Queen Sophia would wear this tiara? I don't understand...maybe there might come a time when she is at other important dinners for other heads of state...could she wear it then? Does this not belong to her as Queen of Spain? Just asking and learning.....Thanks!:)

Back
Top Bottom