Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some points from Randa AlBanna interview as it is long to post here
1. She met Sheikh Mohammed when she was 16 years old at a friend engagement party in Beirut. After some days Sheikh ask her hand for marriage.
2. She was 18 when manal born. She didn't say the reason of the divorce but said sheikh did something when she was pregnant and she was the one ask for divorce from sheikh since then she never saw manal.
3. After divorce she went back to Beirut where she was kidnapped by a Lebanese civil war military leader with whom she was married by force. He was abusive and with him she had 2 children. After war she divorced him and sheikh Mohammed helped her with this divorce.
4. She move to Italy and where she still lives. She still stayed in contact with sheikh Mohammed. But never allowed to see manal.
5. In 2000 she went to dubai to meet manal called sheikh and sheikh took her to a hall full of women saying that he wants to see her mother instinct but manal wasn't there so she returned since then she is banned from Dubai. When manal got married with the help of Saudi princess she tried to meet her but in dubai she was attacked with a baseball bat sheikh paid for her treatment.
6. Sheikh gave her baby picture of manal but it was not manal but some other child.

Can you please provide a video or any online source for this interview?

What an evil man. More I read about him more I'm terrified. I don't believe princess Haya had any clue about all these, if she had she was crazy to marry him.
As for this lady how à miserable life she had.
But Manal is adult now, is the one who is married to a prince and lives out of the UAE, Saudi Arabia or Bahreïn if I'm not wrong. She is free to be contacted no? She should know who is her mum.
1. She met Sheikh Mohammed when she was 16 years old at a friend engagement party in Beirut. After some days Sheikh ask her hand for marriage.
2. She was 18 when manal born. She didn't say the reason of the divorce but said sheikh did something when she was pregnant and she was the one ask for divorce from sheikh since then she never saw manal.
3. After divorce she went back to Beirut where she was kidnapped by a Lebanese civil war military leader with whom she was married by force. He was abusive and with him she had 2 children. After war she divorced him and sheikh Mohammed helped her with this divorce.
4. She move to Italy and where she still lives. She still stayed in contact with sheikh Mohammed. But never allowed to see manal.
5. In 2000 she went to dubai to meet manal called sheikh and sheikh took her to a hall full of women saying that he wants to see her mother instinct but manal wasn't there so she returned since then she is banned from Dubai. When manal got married with the help of Saudi princess she tried to meet her but in dubai she was attacked with a baseball bat sheikh paid for her treatment.
6. Sheikh gave her baby picture of manal but it was not manal but some other child.

Sheikha manal's husband is Sheikh Mansoor bin zayed al nahyan brother of Sheikh Mohammed bin zayed al nahyan crown prince of Abu Dhabi. Al nahyan family is more powerful and dangerous than AlMaktoum family.
What an evil man. More I read about him more I'm terrified. I don't believe princess Haya had any clue about all these, if she had she was crazy to marry him.
As for this lady how à miserable life she had.
But Manal is adult now, is the one who is married to a prince and lives out of the UAE, Saudi Arabia or Bahreïn if I'm not wrong. She is free to be contacted no? She should know who is her mum.

Sheikha manal's husband is Sheikh Mansoor bin zayed al nahyan brother of Sheikh Mohammed bin zayed al nahyan crown prince of Abu Dhabi. She is Sheikh mansoor's 2nd wife. Al nahyan family is more powerful and dangerous than AlMaktoum family. Abu dhabi is more private and there women also more private and conservative than Maktoum girls. Abu dhabi keeps there drama private unlike Maktoums. So her husband might keep her away from all this drama and she shouldn't do anything to create problem for her husband and father. This is best for her.

4... [snipped].
Is it the interview from times.co.uk? Some points are far-fetched.

Yes i think this is the only interview Of Randa AlBanna
Well ... the interview just adds another layer of unpleasantness to the divorce.

Last edited:
Well ... the interview just adds another layer of unpleasantness to the divorce.

Do we think that Haya will ever tell the story? I mean when the divorce and everything is settled. Will she tell he world what she knows or will MBS buy her silence?

It has been a year now sense the last pictures of Latifa. Will there ever be any new pictures or did MBS learn his leasson the last time? (That led to the radio interview with Haya, Mrs Robinson decline and the debacle there after. Including the divorce with Haya).

We even don't know if she is still alive. A man who treats people this way, why he would refrain from crime? Latifa's death would solve his problems.

We even don't know if she is still alive. A man who treats people this way, why he would refrain from crime? Latifa's death would solve his problems.

Would it? We know that she was alive in december 2018. If she were killed after the capture thats one thing. But trying to show a fasade that back fires and then kill her...

Swedish Aftonbladet published today Tiina Jauhiainen's interview

Today Tiina does not know where her friend is. Aftonbladet meets Tiina Jauhiainen at the hotel The Goring in central London, where she now resides. She is currently working full time with the #freelatifa campaign - hoping to get her girlfriend free.
- How can the country designate the year as "the tolerant year" when two daughters of the sheikh are kept locked up? There is no limit to the hypocrisy. That's my biggest motivation - to bare sheikh al Maktoum, says Tiina, who since she started the campaign has been contacted by several women who have left the United Arab Emirates and managed to get to Europe.
Both Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have been involved in the Latifa case.
- I think this is extremely embarrassing for the royal house in Dubai, therefore it is also symbolically an important issue to raise, that a princess can end up in this situation too ... It is not just a princess in a cage, but about women's rights in general, this is just the top of an iceberg, says Frank Johansson from the Finnish section of Amnesty.
Tiina lived in Dubai for 17 years. Today she can never return.
- I have lost my friends in Dubai, they are afraid to have contact with me, Two were deported for knowing me.
How does it feel?
- Shockingly, it's been two years and my friends who live there still haven't taken contact with me. Obviously I'm disappointed, why do you continue to live in a country that makes you so scared?
Then this spring, the sheikh's sixth wife and Latifa's stepmother, Princess Haya, 45, is on the run in London with their two children. After the Christmas holidays, the infected trial continues for the custody of their two children.
The process has once again turned the spotlight on the situation of women in the United Arab Emirates. Haya is said to have demanded protection from abusive and marrying off her children.
Tiina Jauhiainen has not given up hope of one day getting Haya's stepdaughter free.
- I'll never stop fighting.
Finländska Tiina om flyktförsöket med prinsessan från Dubai _ Aftonbladet

Do we think that Haya will ever tell the story? I mean when the divorce and everything is settled. Will she tell he world what she knows or will MBS buy her silence?

Veering off the topic ...
It would be unwise to discuss private matters of one of the UAE royal families in public. It may backfire spectacularly on Jordan. Although King Abdullah and Prince Ali did support Princess Haya in public, they do not need extra issues clouding their relationships with the much wealthier country.

Last edited:

Veering off the topic ...
It would be unwise to discuss private matters of one of the UAE royal families in public. It may backfire spectacularly on Jordan. Although King Abdullah and Prince Ali did support Princess Haya in public, they do not need extra issues clouding their relationships with the much wealthier country.

Kidnapping, forced confinement/imprisonment and possible murder are not private family matters.

I have to agree with you, Al_Bina. I don't think its a matter for public consumption to know the innermost details of a couple's divorce or any of the reasons for the divorce in the first place.

Not only would it be unwise to reveal such things because of international relationships but the fact remains that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is still the father of Haya's children regardless of any other issues or conflicts or even what can be perceived as cultural differences.

Kidnapping, forced confinement/imprisonment and possible murder are not private family matters.

While this is true and totally inexcusable to me and are crimes against humanity, if and when its addressed, it should be addressed by those that can actually do something to rectify those conditions. Not broadcast for public consumption as "news".

Last edited:
Agree to all previously said. Despite it is highly improbable than one day these alleged crimes will be proven and punished, it is clear that princess Haya won't reveal anything about, unless she is called as a witness to a court. Her first and only priority is to gain her case and secure her kids. All other matters are sad and awful but it is not to her to reveal them to press.

One should avoid making emotional statements as they tend to sound trite.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you, Al_Bina. I don't think its a matter for public consumption to know the innermost details of a couple's divorce or any of the reasons for the divorce in the first place.

Not only would it be unwise to reveal such things because of international relationships but the fact remains that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is still the father of Haya's children regardless of any other issues or conflicts or even what can be perceived as cultural differences.

While this is true and totally inexcusable to me and are crimes against humanity, if and when its addressed, it should be addressed by those that can actually do something to rectify those conditions. Not broadcast for public consumption as "news".

Crimes of this sort are regularly reported on in the press and on television. I see no reason why different rules should be applied to broadcasting them when those crimes have been committed by a member of a royal family than by any other person. I think these crimes are definitely matters of public interest and therefore "news".

https://www.instagram.com/p/B65fP-shwl2/?igshid=iofr6vaee1pk

This is Sheikh maktoum bin rashid former ruler of Dubai and his wife sheikha bouchara and sheikh Mohammed. According to latifa's video sheikh Mohammed murdered one of the wife of his brother sheikh maktoum few years after his death. This is the wife who died after sheikh maktoum death around 2007. Even though she was a socialite her pictures started vanishing from internet only two pictures are still available. Latifa said in her video that her father used to say bouchara speaks a lot. This is another alleged victim of Sheikh Mohammed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B65fP-shwl2/?igshid=iofr6vaee1pk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikha Latifa is in that photo?

The woman is Sheikha bouchra Moroccan wife of former ruler of Dubai Sheikh Maktoum bin rashid AlMaktoum. Latifa said in her video she was murdered by her father Sheikh Mohammed.

Please note that several posts have been deleted for being speculative and/or off-topic.

REMEMBER, this thread is about sheikha Latifa's escape attempt only.

Any further speculative comments about Sheikha Shamsa, Princess Haya, the late Sheikh Rashid or any other royal family member will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter two days ago
"24 Feb 2018. We were all smiles and full of excitement and hope. Latifa’s freedom was just around the corner, we thought. Fast forward two years, and Latifa remains captured and imprisoned by her own family - and the fight continues"

The 24th of February 2020 marks the second anniversary of the attempt by Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum to flee the captivity of her father, the ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. It’s an anniversary we should celebrate because it denotes the moment a spirited young woman finally emerged from family incarceration an astonishing concept in the 21st century.
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 2nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International

Good News Radha Stirling says intelligence sources close to Dubai’s royal court confirm she is alive.

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture...bai-escape-attempt/?__twitter_impression=true

I just read this article and it gave me an even more bigger reason to provide my insight.

Firstly, Sheikha Latifa’s complaints that forced her to run away stem from her own dissatisfaction with life. There does not seem to be any restriction in her going out or to malls as she planned her escape whilst in a mall that she got to freely. She was not stopped from going out or having fun as she clearly mentions that she joined skydiving. She was not stopped from socializing but only had a curfew which she had to keep and there is nothing wrong with that at all. She also mentions she lived with her own mother means she was not separated from her. If she bases freedom of choice on not being allowed to drive, or travel alone or leave Dubai, then she has brought this all on herself. There are people who don’t have the financial means to travel, should they also all run away and say they are not satisfied with their lives? I don’t see these circumstances as justification for someone saying they are “bored” with their lives and thus running away is the only option for them to survive life. Be careful in glamorizing what Sheikha Latifa has done without knowing the reasons behind it.

Having a curfew is well understandable especially in royal families trying to keep their children very safe. Not feeling satisfied with all the things she already had like a gym, a spa, and a swimming pool, as well as access to private vegan chefs and beauticians is what made her crave for the “missing” stuff. In general, not appreciating what one currently has will lead to unhappiness. I really don’t understand how her not being allowed to drive made her so dissatisfied with life when she had access to the drivers taking her places. Did she miss that point?

Her first escape attempt came at the age of 16, in UAE the legal age of driving was 18 so what was her excuse at that time?

In 2018, one month before her escape for the second time, Sheikha Latifa attended Sheikha Maryam I’s wedding. The picture she took does not seem unhappy at all and I doubt that smile was forced.

PRESS RELEASE - FREE LATIFA CAMPAIGN WELCOMES FAMILY COURT JUDGMENTS ON HRH PRINCESS HAYA AND PRINCESS LATIFA
Commenting on the publication of the two-family court judgements in the case of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, and his estranged wife HRH Princess Haya bint Hussein, David Haigh, human rights lawyer and co-founder of the Free Latifa campaign said:
“It is now clear to see why Sheikh Mohammed did not want these judgements to be made available to the world. They show him as someone unfit to be in charge of children, let alone a state that is an ally of the UK. Much as it is a tragedy for the two children, he has with Princess Haya, it must also be a massive relief for her family to know they can continue their childhood without the malign presence that their father clearly presented.
“Only three weeks ago Tiina and I were at the United Nations in Geneva with Latifa’s Legal team, assisting the Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances with their two year long investigation into the disappearance of Princess Latifa. It was clear then that the judgments in the case of Princess Haya would be key to the freedom of Latifa and we are pleased that the judgments can now be seen by the United Nations. We now call on the United Nations Working Group on Enforced an Involuntary disappearances to bring their investigations to a conclusion and call for the immediate release of Latifa.
“The eyes of the world are now on Dubai and the wider United Arab Emirates as we await freedom for Latifa”

Tiina Jauhiainen who accompanied Latifa on her attempted escape from Dubai from 24 February to 4 March 2018, added:
“I am obviously delighted with the publication of the judgements, but at the same time it is a very sad day for humanity. A father has been seen to mistreat and take advantage of his children and his wife. After everything that has happened with Sheikh Mohammed’s children and wives over the decades, we should not be surprised, but it’s still very sad when we have to take note of his depraved actions who has every reason to know better.
“The judgements throw additional light on the situation of Latifa. It gives us an idea what her father is capable of and adds further credence to the video she recorded in February 2018.”
PRESS RELEASE - FREE LATIFA CAMPAIGN WELCOMES FAMILY COURT... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International

About what Tiina Jauhiainen said at the court at the case of sheikh Mohammed and princess Haya
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content...-APPROVED-Judgment-111219-for-publication.pdf

The failed escape_ Sheikha Latifa's doomed flight from Dubai - Reuters

Last edited:
At the website of Amnesty International

UAE: UK High Court decision on Dubai ruler's detention of daughter a 'step towards justice'
Responding to the UK High Court finding that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Emir of Dubai, detained and ill-treated his daughter Sheikha Latifa, Lynn Maalouf, Amnesty International’s Middle East Research Director, said:
“This ruling is a long-overdue step towards justice for Sheikha Latifa, who has been held incommunicado for two years now. Dubai and the UAE must now allow her to speak and travel freely, including seeking asylum abroad, if she wishes to do so.
“Throughout the hearing, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid has insisted these are ‘private family matters’ - but state-sanctioned abduction and inhuman treatment is not a family affair. It is a serious human rights violation, and a matter of international concern."
UAE UK High Court decision on Dubai ruler’s detention of daughter a step towards justice _ Amnesty International

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom