Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al Maktoum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have never seen the pink ones. Who wears them?

Originally posted by La la@May 31st, 2004 - 11:00 pm
Yeah, I have never seen the pink ones. Who wears them?
They're beige but kinda look pinkish in the pics.

The flashiest ones are those RED jackets the guys in the Duty Free wear.

Originally posted by La la+May 31st, 2004 - 6:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (La la @ May 31st, 2004 - 6:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Layla@May 31st, 2004 - 5:51 pm
Pallas Athina :
Just thought I'd mention that pic 29 is a Mauri way of greeting. It was taken during SA's trip to Auckland.
Thank you, Layla. I can't believe we do this for one another – you know, me, you, Silver Charm, Bibi, Athina and co posting pictures and links and bein agog for tidbits. I highly appreciate it, thanks! :kiss: Have to enlarged some of the pictures – I remember some of them were impossible (blurry, taken from the outer space etc.).

Silver Charm, come on I thought the Maori thing was so cute (but ok it didn't look like him indeed).

You guys are great, I just want to tell you guys that (see, I'm a softie on the inside). [/b][/quote]
I like the sharing too. Probably few of my friends know where the UAE is and they could care less to talk about the gorgeous sheikhs who live there. :flower:

Ahhh...y'all are so sweet. Big hug, girls.

But seriously, Layla, watch footage of Shk Ahmed talk. There is something wrong with the left side of his face. I'm not joking. It seems paralyzed.

cococola: if you're still on here....have you notice the left side of Shk Ahmed's beautiful face? it's very obvious when he smiles and speaks-it doesn't move. i would think he's too young to be a victim of a stroke. when i was in the emirates of all the crap people talked about the sheikhs (and my oh my was there a bunch of crap) this seemingly tiny little detail never came up but it's very obvious everytime he holds a press conference-which is about once a day.

I'm sorry Silver Charm we didn't take you seriously. But now I know you mean serious business. When you joke – we miss it, and when you are serious – we think you are joking.

I guess we'll have to sit here and wait for coca-cola's or Layla's reply. :(

Originally posted by La la@Jun 1st, 2004 - 3:20 pm
I'm sorry Silver Charm we didn't take you seriously. But now I know you mean serious business. When you joke – we miss it, and when you are serious – we think you are joking (man, this is irony alone).

I guess we'll have to sit here and wait for coca-cola's or Layla's reply. :(
No problems.

I've always wanted to ask but a dinner party in Jumeirah is NOT the place......The anonominty of the internet makes it possible.

Originally posted by Layla+May 30th, 2004 - 11:17 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Layla @ May 30th, 2004 - 11:17 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-La la@May 30th, 2004 - 12:36 pm
Are Moroccans, Egypts and Libyans also considered arabs?
I'm going to kill myself. I just typed this LONG message and somehow hit something that deleted it. I'll try to recapture some of it.

There are 22 Arabic countries:

Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

The total Arab population is approximately 350 million. Arabic is the 6th official language of the UN because of the wide number of people who speak it worldwide.

Arab is a race and not a nationality. A Kuwaiti, Lebanese, Morrocan, Iraqi may be an Arab (not all people living in certain Arabic countries are Arabs. For example in Iraq, you have Arabs, Kurds, Assyrians, Turkomans etc. Morrocco has Arabs and Berbers). To better understand this concept, think of the South Americans. They are mostly Latins but their nationalities are Venezuelan, Colombian etc., or take the Red Indians of different tribes etc.

Now to get to the white deal. The white race is the Caucasoid race. The other two races are Negroid and Mongoloid. All people of African origin are Negroids (although there are different shades of them). All people of Far Eastern origin with slanted eyes etc. are Mongoloids (once again there is a variety here). All other people are Caucasoids. So the Anglo-Saxons, Hispanics, Arabs etc. are Caucasoids or in colloquial term "white". Once again there is a variety in the looks and colouring of these people. People of European origin are fairer while you get darker shades in the Middle East and the Subcontinent.

When Arabs refer to Europeans as "whites", they do not mean the Caucasoids. They just mean Europeans. Blonde Arabs are referred to as Arabs, so it has nothing to do with the actual colouring. For example, in the old days in Iran (which is not an Arabic country), the Europeans were referred to as "Farangi". The literal meaning is foreigner but in the olden days it was used with reference to Europeans only (Arabs were Arabs, Indians were Indians etc.). "Whites", "farangis" are not condescending terms but merely used to help distinguish what kind of people are being talked about.

Sorry for this long lecture and my apologies if you are aware of this. Just trying to clarify some points so there is no misunderstanding. [/b][/quote]
interesting :flower:

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@May 30th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
Actually, a good lesson in anthropology will teach you that your views on race are quite flawed. Asian, Negroid and Caucasian are vague terms that do not define race accurately. A scientist would never use such terms (neither do most governemts).

There are some 45 different races of people in China. All of them are Asian (as are Arabs) but they are dramatically different races. Take for example Han and Mon chinese they don't even look similar. They have similar slanting of the eyes, but even that is different. Chinese (another vague term that does not have anything to do with race) and Japanese don't even look alike.

The African continent is just as vast when dealing with race. Features, coloring, and body porportions differ just as much in Africa as they do in Asian.

Europe is also a vast wonderland. There are 16 races of people in Spain. All of them deemed "Spanish" or "caucasian" by most but they are different races none the less. Take a Prussian and a Bavarian for example two very different peoples who are classified as caucasian Germans. Prussians look Aryan while Bavarians look latin. The German language is almost unrecognizable when spoken by a Bavarian.

It is incredibly naive to say everyone from Africa is a simple Negriod or everyone is Asia is Asian. This simply isn't true and doesn't do justice to the wonderful variety of peoples who are native to these continents.

The color of your skin and the place you live have nothing what-so-ever do to with your ethnic race. Anthro 101.......simple enough.
interesting too :flower:

He is indeed still pretty damn good-looking! :p

Originally posted by pallas athina@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 1:17 am
SC: Quit picking on my #1 sheikh. :boxing:
:D More action...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pallas athina@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:17 am
SC: Quit picking on my #1 sheikh. :boxing:
LOL! You have to admit she has an EXCELLENT sense of humour.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys, havent been around that much till now, but i was at the mawakab school gradu day last week and saw him, and didnt ntice nothing but after the ceremony was done he came over and spoke to us and he face kinda looked a bit strange!!!! Ive been at other functions with him and i havent noticed nothing, maybe its a recent health issue!!!!!

Thank you so much, Layla! I promise I wont neither pick nor hit on Hazza. :rolleyes:

I like his face (SA's) the most when he is smiling. :p

Hey, why is Sheikh Ahmed's plate empty?

La la, no problem with hitting ON Hazza as long as it's not just hitting him (without the on). ;)

SA's plate is empty because I think he has already taken his napkin. The others' is still on their plates.

Originally posted by cocacola@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 7:05 am
hi guys, havent been around that much till now, but i was at the mawakab school gradu day last week and saw him, and didnt ntice nothing but after the ceremony was done he came over and spoke to us and he face kinda looked a bit strange!!!! Ive been at other functions with him and i havent noticed nothing, maybe its a recent health issue!!!!!
it's the left side. you can see it when he smiles. it might not be that obvious in person but in photos-definately.

it has been there as long as i've ever known about the guy-a few years.

maybe its the stylin of the moustache, cause in funstions you cant see nothing wrong

Yes, I love them but I'am not from the Middle East nor have I been to the Middle East, but hope to some day soon. That would an enriching experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom