Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you supply some background on this? Because in everything I've read, this idea that Charles was in love with another woman at his marriage is what Diana claimed - its the 'fact' she set in motion and comes from no other source except later as 'confirmation' as opinion to support her claim. It has been repeated as though fact - and here it is yet again in your post. Is there some where other than Diana - pre-Diana, in fact - that alludes to Charles being 'in love' with Camilla?

Probably it's the defination of "Whatever love is"... For a lot of people it is uncontested that Charles had been honest to his feelings throughout but had no idea what love is - meaning he felt some inner connection to Camilla, but that wasn't "the love" feeling, then fell in love with young Diana not realising that it wasn't the endurable love he was looking for, then was disappointed with Diana and found that he craved the deeply intimate, nurturing, caring friendship turned love that Camilla offered.... There are so many facets to love. I believe he loved Diana till the end but it wasn't the kind of love he needed in his everyday life... so, yes. I can understand what Alex means. A very complicated, multiple layered love story, that. With so many odds against Charles and Diana.

While Andrew IMHO loved Sarah. But Sarah always loved Sarah more, IMHO.

Is there some where other than Diana - pre-Diana, in fact - that alludes to Charles being 'in love' with Camilla?

Charles' post-separation book and interview. You remember, where he basically said that his dad gave him permission to cheat. I don't think the D of E either did so, nor was amused at Charles' assertions.

An option that comes to my mind is a scenario that would state that now that Beatrice and Eugenie are adults, there is no real reason that Andrew, as a single man, needs such a large estate such as Royal Lodge as a familial home for his daughters. Therefore, Andrew gets moved somewhere else smaller (perhaps an apartment at KP?) and Royal Lodge goes under renovation perhaps as an estate for William and Kate or even Harry. This effectively moves Sarah out without seeming to give her the "boot out the door". With the girls maintaining their own apartments and Andrew in a smaller living space, they've effectively left "no room at the Inn" for Sarah to have a home base. Whatever else that the BRF would do for Sarah then would really reflect as a gift of generosity and would blatantly point out how low she has sunk.

Just off the wall thoughts of mine. :D

I snipped just a little bit there.

It is my understanding that Andrew has purchased the leasehold on Royal Lodge so moving him isn't an option unless the Queen repurchases it from Andrew. Which now that I think about it, could work nicely by placing a few extra pounds in his pocket and, as you suggest, ease him into smaller quarters.

So yes, that could work. Might be a harder sell to Andrew, though, since smaller quarters would imply a diminution of his own value in a certain respect.

Please tell me that Sarah isn't seriously considering any of the Big Brother reality shows. Please.

Last edited:
What does Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances have to do with Charles, Diana and Camilla?

Let's get back on topic.

I realize that people don't think much of Sarah but we need to ease the comments about her mental state, doing herself harm, etc.

Please tell me that Sarah isn't seriously considering any of the Big Brother reality shows. Please.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit that she is seriously considering it or that it even is a done deal. As Sarah would probably see it, its a "demand" for her by the public and a measure of her popularity and also a good way for her to remain visible in the UK public's view.

Personally I think doing shows such as this is one step away from doing late night infomercials but that's just my taste.

I realize that people don't think much of Sarah but we need to ease the comments about her mental state, doing herself harm, etc.

If this was in response to my post then I'd like to make clear I'm not commenting on her mental state as it relates to - for example - potential diagnosible mental illness. And I will never comment on whether Sarah has the potential to harm herself.

What I think Sarah has the potential to do if left completely on her own is a lot more of what she's doing now - more interviews, more self pity, more half truths and lies about her own family and the royal family, more of whatever it takes to keep the spotlight.

No its not in response to you....several posts by other members have been reference to Sarah's mental state.

I must be the only person reading a good portion of these posts:flowers:.

Last edited:
Doesn't she understand how foolish she looks? THe more she does these things (dances around a fire for a witch doctor), the more she degrades herself. This is what "Finding Sarah" has been about, her degrading herself for money and television. A dignified approach would have been to go to a doctor as discreetly as possible and remove herself form the public while doing so. She's selling herself for money and press, no matter what it is like some Z-lister.

Doesn't she understand how foolish she looks? THe more she does these things (dances around a fire for a witch doctor), the more she degrades herself. This is what "Finding Sarah" has been about, her degrading herself for money and television. A dignified approach would have been to go to a doctor as discreetly as possible and remove herself form the public while doing so. She's selling herself for money and press, no matter what it is like some Z-lister.

I missed the witch doctor/fire dancing on the show - granted I've only watched a couple of episodes - but there have been some cringeworthy moments. The frustrating thing to me, though, is that there have been other moments, where Sarah has said something witty or done something plucky or seemed like she had a brief moment of self awareness and you can see that she could actually be a very smart woman with an interesting point of view and a good life if she stopped letting her self destructive tendencies override her good sense.

IMO, if she's truly looking to change as opposed to just doing all this for publicity then she's making things too complicated. All of the Dr. Phils, life coaches, witch doctors, horse therapy, hiking, delving into her childhood... it's all just window dressing and another way for her to be self indulgent.

Was doing a little googling and was struck by Sarah's comments describing her path as a 'journey to find myself' and claiming 'inner peace, confidence and clarity.' She also admits to in the past having been a 'born people pleaser.' All of this in a 2002 article. If she was saying this in 2002, how was Dr. Phil's approval addict such a 'revelation'? Seems to me the whole thing was engineered to resurrect her image, the story line is just too similar - I guess she thinks since it worked for her before it'll work again.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...as-darling-of-the-american-chat-show-1.143690
I am curious regarding what happened to the Italian estate she bought @ the time near her then bf the Count. If she still owns it that would be an option in addition to Argentina, I doubt she'll relinquish the press attention, tho', she enjoys it too much and the money she generates from it, IMO.

Seems to me the whole thing was engineered to resurrect her image, the story line is just too similar - I guess she thinks since it worked for her before it'll work again.

That's what I thought from the beginning. That she realised that she needed to replce the images from the "Cash for access"-sting with newer, more positive pictures and articles. So she thought that this "journey" would be the solution. I don't think she wanted to change at all: for her, probably her only woe is that she has not enough money for her "needs" and I really can imagine how she pities herself for not having found a very rich husband or even better: for not being an heiress herself. That would IMHO explain the certain bitterness she seems to feel towards her late parents.

I doubt that she realised what she was going into and I believe she surely is very astonished about the reactions of many members of the public, but then Sarah seems to live in a world where her probalems are very different from those of most people and I don't think she even realises that.

Hi ghost_night554! I'm just seeing your question now and noticed that Diarist answered it fully.:flowers: I might add that one of the reasons for the marriage breaking down is that Sarah said that all Andrew wanted to do when he was home was watch videos. She said in an interview that he'd come home on Friday, they'd have an argument on the weekend, and he'd leave on Monday (or Sunday night, can't remember). So when they were first separated and/or divorced, she wasn't all nicey-nicey about him.

I did not follow the royals in the 90's(too young) so I'm not completely aware of everything that happened back then. I'd like to learn more about the situation you mentioned.

I can easily imagine Sarah on Celebrity Big Brother, would be the next logical step towards another low. The format is spot on for people like Sarah, fighting against fading into unimportance while making a quick buck.

Sarah would fit perfectly in with the other people for the new series - and producers are still looking for an "eyecatcher" :whistling:
Shameless Mrs Speaker stoops to a new low - on Celebrity Big Brother | Mail Online

Last edited:
Sadly I could see Sarah doing Celebrity Big Brother especially if the money was right. Not sure how she would cope though. I wondered about what happened to her property in italy last I read she was getting rent from it. It wouldn't surprise me if she has a little nest egg and no matter happens she won't give it up. Especially if others are happy to bail her out! I think her version of broke and our version of broke could be a little different!

Where to next for Sarah? I have a theory, which of course is speculation, but this is what I think will happen. IMHO, I am sure that the Queen [who will have been very well briefed about Finding Sarah] will regard the participation of B and E as the 'final straw'. Sarah publically humiliating herself is one thing, but drawing her children into the frame, will, I am sure be completely unacceptable to the Queen.

Well said. I said last year in a post that even though B & E are Sarah's daughters, the Queen could step in at any time and stop anyone that puts a royal princess at risk.

I expect therefore that in a few weeks time, it will be annouced that Sarah has left Royal Lodge and is in a small grace-and-favour house somewhere in Windsor Park [in the manner of that former Royal embarassment, Marina Ogilvy.] As to whether the BRF then agree some form of modest monthly allowance for Sarah in return for her agreeing to maintain a lower profile, I do not know; by giving her lodging the BRF could demand her silence in return .

Alex - if this were to happen, do you think that the Queen will or should strip her of her title as well? I really think that is the only reason people still interview her: the title. With the title out of the way, it would greatly reduce the number of opportunities she would have to bring down herself or anyone else.

Amy

As far as I remember, Sarah often said after their divorce that the royal family hadn't allowed her to live on base - she had assumed she could join Andrew, but the royal family thought she should be in London performing royal engagements.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong...

You know what, rmay - I know that's what Sarah has said in the past, but has there ever been any independent corroboration of that? I find it really hard to believe that HM would have denied Sarah the same happiness that she herself found as the wife of a serviceman, away from London. Certainly by this time, Prince William had been born so there would not even have been the pressing need of Andrew or his children as heir.

My point being....Sarah's interviews and books may have said that the BRF restricted her from joining Andrew, but her truthfulness has taken some really severe hits of late, and I'm not inclined to believe her on that count any longer. It's just too convenient for the Sarah-As-Victim paradigm that she espouses.

Well said. I said last year in a post that even though B & E are Sarah's daughters, the Queen could step in at any time and stop anyone that puts a royal princess at risk.

Alex - if this were to happen, do you think that the Queen will or should strip her of her title as well? I really think that is the only reason people still interview her: the title. With the title out of the way, it would greatly reduce the number of opportunities she would have to bring down herself or anyone else.

Amy

The short answer, Amy, is that I have no way of knowing what will happen, and so I can only speculate:

My way of thinking is this: Sarah's conduct, by involving her daughters in her 'Finding Sarah' interview, particularly when Eugenie was filmed in tears, has reached a new low point which I think will prove to be a watershed. If it was just Sarah ALONE making a fool of herself in her interviews I think that the senior members of the BRF [by which I mean the Queen and Prince Philip] and their advisors would just roll their eyes and shrug their shoulders (metaphorically speaking) and say 'that awful girl, here we go again....' and be content to take no further action: Sarah is no longer a member of the BRF and only Andrew appears to have any contact with her....

But Eugenie's tears on camera will IMHO prove to be the 'straw that broke the camel's back'. Suddenly, the interview is NOT just about 'non-royal Sarah', but about two members of the BRF as well i.e. Beatrice and Eugenie.......

It is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and whilst that might sound some months off to some of our forum members here, I can advise you that plans for the various celebrations are pretty well advanced. I am absolultely sure that those working on the plans will be striving to make sure that there are no 'disruptions' etc and I am sure that they will all see Sarah and her ability to pop up again and again in the media in what I will politely call controversial circumstances will be seen as a risk too far. The BRF is at Balmoral now and I can almost here Prince Philip saying 'ENOUGH!!! This cannot go on any longer. Not content with continuing to drag herself through the mud, she is now involving our grandchildren as well.....and it's got to stop. We have just got to deprive this woman of the oxygen of publicity'

And then I think that the Queen and her advisors will reflect that the BRF is enjoying quite a positive image at the moment, mainly due, I think, to the 'feelgood factors' engendered by William and Catherine's wedding and that of Zara and Mike. But it is a delicate balance, and any further 'antics' by Sarah i.e. which end up in the media could undo all the good positive PR of this summer [which is actually something of an achievement, because during recessions, the BRF is often subject to (unfair) attacks as an extravagance the country could do without]

And so I think that right now the Queen will be sitting down to map out a way of making Sarah's public profile 'disappear'. She will need money to exist [and I suspect that apart from the fact that the BRF does not generally like their name being 'milked for money', which is what Sarah has effectively doing since her divorce] they will also realise that Sarah's ability to earn the large sums she did previously will probably have been scuppered by the events of recent years: in other words, she can no longer 'earn' sufficient sums to finance her lifestyle - or indeed any form of lifestyle. Thus the BRF hold all the cards at the end of the day. If she is made to leave Royal Lodge [which I think she will], she will still need housing and financial support and the BRF is in a stonger position that Sarah is over this: and so yes, I think that they will be able to insist that in return for providing Sarah with a roof over her head and a modest allowance, that she stops using the style of 'Sarah, Duchess of York'. This could be done either by straighforward legal agreement something along the lines of: ' In consideration for providing me, Sarah Margaret Ferguson with accommodation and an allowance, I hereby agree that henceforth I will no longer use the syle of 'Sarah Duchess of York' or, as people have said above, by issue of new Letters Patent.

Only my thoughts, but I really do feel that the BRF's tolerance of Sarah popping up in the media has now come to an end.

Alex

TIt is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and whilst that might sound some months off to some of our forum members here, I can advise you that plans for the various celebrations are pretty well advanced. I am absolultely sure that those working on the plans will be striving to make sure that there are no 'disruptions' etc and I am sure that they will all see Sarah and her ability to pop up again and again in the media in what I will politely call controversial circumstances will be seen as a risk too far. The BRF is at Balmoral now and I can almost here Prince Philip saying 'ENOUGH!!! This cannot go on any longer. Not content with continuing to drag herself through the mud, she is now involving our grandchildren as well.....and it's got to stop. We have just got to deprive this woman of the oxygen of publicity'

There is one other aspect of this scenario I'd like to add besides the fact that I don't see Prince Philip saying 'ENOUGH', I'd be more inclined to think he was roaring it!

I think another concern in this matter with Beatrice and Eugenie appearing with Sarah in her "Finding Sarah" docudramamine inducing TV series and that is concern of where it may possibly lead. With the girls consenting to be on the show in the first place, that presents the image to the public that they're available for this kind of thing. If they did it once, they perhaps could be approached for other TV appearances in the future. As it has been decided that B & E will not be working royals and should seek employment in the private sector, I imagine it would be a big concern for the Firm that they would be open to other lucrative TV and media offers either through Sarah or even on their own. I don't think either HM or the DoE would ever approve of any of the family seeking "celebrity" status especially when the focus should be primarily on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the upcoming 2012 London Olympic Games.

I, too, also feel changes blowing among the Scottish heather at Balmoral this summer and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

HRH Princess Sonya... I liked what you said regarding children and their parents. "However it is not the job any of misguided persons children to keep them on the straight & narrow. As we all know children do not get to choose to be born & to whom they are born to however I feel it is our job as parents to lead them & not the reverse." One of the best guidelines I've heard for raising children is the simple adage "The job of the parent is to become unnecessary to the child". :flowers:

You know what, rmay - I know that's what Sarah has said in the past, but has there ever been any independent corroboration of that? I find it really hard to believe that HM would have denied Sarah the same happiness that she herself found as the wife of a serviceman, away from London. Certainly by this time, Prince William had been born so there would not even have been the pressing need of Andrew or his children as heir.

My point being....Sarah's interviews and books may have said that the BRF restricted her from joining Andrew, but her truthfulness has taken some really severe hits of late, and I'm not inclined to believe her on that count any longer. It's just too convenient for the Sarah-As-Victim paradigm that she espouses.

Well - that's the problem when someone is caught lying: you don't trust anything they say anymore.

I don't think we should take Sarah's current denial of the truth to be characteristic of all her past statements, though. Sarah seems to be really in desperate straits right now, trying to convince everyone (I personally think she is trying to convince herself as much as anyone else) that she didn't sell access to Andrew.

As far as living with Andrew on the naval base, though, maybe the Queen suggested that Sarah stay in London, Andrew went along with that because "it's just the way things are," and Sarah wanted to please Andrew. They were just newlyweds, and I don't think either of them realized that the separations would take a toll on their marriage. So at first maybe it didn't seem like such a bad idea.

Reading over some of the latest posts, I think that Sarah's current behaviour is making it easy to think of her as greedy and self-interested from day one, and I don't think that's fair. She's always had those weaknesses, but should we discount her better traits? The reason I became interested in Sarah and Andrew in the first place is because I thought that both of them looked like they were so in love. And even now, although the family dynamic is dysfunctional in some ways, I don't think it's just built on Sarah's manipulations or Andrew's spinelessness. There's more to it than that - the problem is that Sarah is letting her inner troubles overshadow everything else right now.

Reading over some of the latest posts, I think that Sarah's current behaviour is making it easy to think of her as greedy and self-interested from day one, and I don't think that's fair. She's always had those weaknesses, but should we discount her better traits? The reason I became interested in Sarah and Andrew in the first place is because I thought that both of them looked like they were so in love. And even now, although the family dynamic is dysfunctional in some ways, I don't think it's just built on Sarah's manipulations or Andrew's spinelessness. There's more to it than that - the problem is that Sarah is letting her inner troubles overshadow everything else right now.

I don't really see the 'Finding Sarah' show as that bad, really. Bad television, maybe, but to precipitate such extreme measures against her - I don't know. However, if this show called 'Big Brother' - which I know nothing about but can guess from comments made here - is anything like reality 'game' shows in the US - then, yes, she has stepped from the place of making a respectable living (author, commentator, etc) to something else - and that is worrisome for her. Something is off.

Watching her - listening to her talk - the way she talks a mile-a-minute getting out the 'spin' about herself - I'd be concerned. As this may be 'The Firm' - it is still a family with relationships and obligations to human beings. Care needs to be taken here, I think.

By 22 much is already set. Sarah's two daughters love their mother and that is the primary relationship, as well as to their father. That family unit, however unorthodox by BRF sensibilities, remains the primary unit - and it would be a unit even if Andrew were remarried. The Grandparents in this instance are 'powerful' but that does not change that its not a good idea for grandparents to pull rank because of social rank, money and influence.

I know there is a general disdain for Dr Phil's work - however, he would be someone they could safely contact - or someone could contact in all confidence - to do an Intervention. It wouldn't have to be him - but someone he recommends - or someone else altogether (I mention him only because Sarah purports to respect him) - but my point is that it is a human beings's stability - Sarah's - that should be the prime focus - not BRF PR for once. It needs to be done with genuine caring - for the daughters' sake as much as Sarah's. Those young women must never be put in the position of having to choose between their mother and the BRF - that would be too cruel and ultimately would backfire. If there was a successful alienation from Sarah - it would be devastating for Sarah - and ultimately for her daughters. The daughters are adults - they need to be free to work out their own arrangements with their parents - not have it done by edict, so to speak.

If the daughters have to make a living - they may well choose some element of media. They certainly have shown a flair for the dramatic attention-getting gesture so maybe there is a natural talent in that direction. If they don't marry 'well' - monied - then they will have to work and media pays well for the young and talented.

However, I would hope this RF has learned a bit of caution when it comes to media driven hoopla over anything. Not the best time to make a decision - and certainly the media and the reaction to media are not the best stakeholders at the table when considering family members' fates - and an ex-inlaw is a family member.

Last edited:
Regarding Dr Phil - but especially Suze Ormond - no therapy really happened. Dr Phil stopped 'doing his thing' very early on - and Suze Ormond never got to square one - Sarah 'wasn't playin' ' as the saying goes. Suze said it: you know, Sarah, most people look at what you have, the place you live, the vacations, and they do not see financial problems (or some such). Can't recall it precisely - but after seeing the whole 6 shows and the fact that Suze shows up once and no more - without an iota of financial counseling being shown - I don't think Sarah 'allowed' the real numbers to be crunched on air - and Suze Ormond bugged out. I think the people on this 'Finding Sarah' gig went in with the best on intentions - but I think Sarah may have proved to be surprisingly slippery - and the goal - whatever it was - was never really reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyger - the "goal" was probably never reached because it wasn't meant to.
What would be the fun in Sarah acquiescing to be "a good girl" in the future when there are still other possibilities to exploit .......

Tyger - the "goal" was probably never reached because it wasn't meant to.
What would be the fun in Sarah acquiescing to be "a good girl" in the future when there are still other possibilities to exploit .......

Well, they certainly tried to 'sell' that they had reached some sort of zenith of transformation. Wasn't convincing but there it was.

This morning there was an article in the Daily Mail nick-naming Sarah as Phineas Ferguson after the man in Around the World in 80 Days. The quotes from her spokesman were... not helpful to Sarah's image.

The spokesman said that people need to leave Sarah alone because she is not actually paying for these extravagant and frequent holidays. Rather the half that aren't work-related are generously paid for by her friends. Yes, that's right.

Of course, this enables her to live a fitting lifestyle not allowed by her GBP 100,000 a year income which is because of "her own hard work."

Head. Desk. :bang:

Could we possibly agree that both Andy and Fergie have a penchant for jet-setting ? That would make everything so much easier...

I think most people in the UK could get by quite nicely on an annual income of 100,000 GBP, even pay down a few IOUs. They could probably get a mortgage on a descent home too, so no reason for her to camp out at Royal Lodge anymore.

Good for you Sarah, now please go on your away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom