Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Turkish Delight, BTW why didn't he want to become CP?

From my understanding, he just didn't want. There isn't any reason for that.:)

I've read that formerly, in some Muslim countries, the Heir was not strictly the elder son of the King or Emperor, even if it almost ever was this way. The Monarch had the prerrogative to choice his own Heir among all their children. For example, Nasser-ed-Dinh Shah, from Qajar dinasty in Persia, wanted that his Heir could be the son of his favorite wife (she was not even from a to royal blood heritage), but he died...he must pic Muzzaffar-ed-Dinh who was his elder son at the time, and son of a full royal blood mother. But he was in bad terms with this particular wife and didn't like the child at all.However, Muzzaffar was his Heir apparent. Paradoxally he had had the same trouble with his own father. Only the Pahlavies fixed the succesion law copying the European one.I supose that maybe in Qatar is the same than it was in Iran...Anyone knows for sure?Vanesa

Death of Sheikh Fahad bin Jassem bin Mohammed Al Abdul Rahman Al Thani, Minister of Enterprises and Trade.

President sends cable of condolence to Emir of Qatar
Article

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Hamad in Wales

courtesy of iceflower in the British forum:

12 May 2009. Queen Elizabeth II is greeted by the Amir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
at the inauguration of the South Hook Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal in Milford Haven, Wales.

Queen Elizabeth & Sheikh Hamad

Emir Of Qatar On State Visit To Malaysia From Tuesday

Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad Khalifa Al-Thani will be making a two-day state visit to Malaysia starting Tuesday, his first state visit to the country.
... - Full Article

Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani (C-facing) shakes hands with Indonesian ministers as his spouse Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned (R-facing) looks on during a visit to the presidential palace in Jakarta on May 19, 2009. Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani's government signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Indonesia on the economy during his two-day visit.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3556/9817113.jpg
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3844/9817169.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/826/9817170.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2183/9817171.jpg
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3937/9817178.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2408/9817187.jpg

ANP Pictures

Here is a report about Sheika Maryam Mohammed Faisal Althani attending a riding event in Bavaria.

pnp.de

How old are the other children of Sheikha Mozah and Sheikh Hamad?

I'm not exactly sure but the oldest is Jassim, then Tameem (both i'm guessing in their 30's? then Mayassa, Hind and Mohamed in their 20's then Khalifa im guessing 16

I'm not exactly sure but the oldest is Jassim, then Tameem (both i'm guessing in their 30's? then Mayassa, Hind and Mohamed in their 20's then Khalifa im guessing 16

Khalifa is 17, he will turn 18 in November.

Is Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned the official wife ot the Emir of Qatar? How many wives does he have?

^He has 3. She's the only one in the spotlight, refer to her topic.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy meets Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem bin Jabor Al Thani Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Qatar at Elysee Palace, in Paris, France, 10 September 2009

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
ANP

Well ... it appears that the Qatari royal family is unlucky with their construction/reconstruction projects in Europe lately.

NY September 2009
ImageShack -

The couple have been quite busy in New York.
They met with the Obamas and Sheikh Mozah has a meeting with Hillary Clinton.
The Emir also hosted a dinner for Arab dignitaries, here isthe article

Well ... it appears that the Qatari royal family is unlucky with their construction/reconstruction projects in Europe lately.

Personally I think they are moving to fast and dont have the capability of new projects in Europe ismply because there is too much still going on in Qatar, they cant do so many things at a time as a new country that is new in the developing busniess.

Sheikh hamad and Sheikha moza are in for an official visit to Swaziland,I read about that anyone have pics for the visit?

I remembe when this event took place, it was a big event and quite a few royals attended, ie, Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, Princess Haya as well as Bill Clinton.

October 31, 2009 the event will take place

Emir, Sheikha Mozah to attend Rota event
...“Unlike the previous gala dinners, this event will be bigger and will have lot of surprises such as the charity auction which will feature a unique collection of jewellery inspired by
HH Sheikha Mozah. It will also witness high calibre guests and is expected to raise more funds for Rota,”... - Full Article

Last edited:
H.H the Emir, H.H. Sheikha Mozah Attend ROTA 3rd Gala Dinner

... H.H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al Misnned delivered a speech on this occasion in which she underlined that the vision of charitable work in Qatar is based on an institutional one inspired by the values based on interdependence, solidarity, and global citizenship and on our conviction of being part of this world... Article

here is an article & a small picture
and another article with 2 pictures (in one of them you can see P.Waleed bin Talal & his wife P.Ameera)

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures from the dinner.

HH Sheikha Hind Bint Hamad Al Thani presents Serena Williams of the USA holds with the Billie Jean King trophy after her straight sets victory against Venus Williams of the USA in the Womens final during the Sony Ericsson Championships at the Khalifa Tennis and Squash Complex on November 1, 2009 in Doha, Qatar.
Picture Gallery
(Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom