Royal Hobbies and Interests

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Princess Raiyah bint Al Hussein is also an equestrian.

And I've seen some pictures of the Princes of Dubai playing football (soccer)!!. And they're into camel racing as well.

I've seen an old video of Prince Albert of Monaco playing tennis.

And I think the Princely Family of Monaco into sports cars, formula 1 and all.

Last edited:
What about Romanian Royal Family? I've only known that king Mihai and his grandson Nicholas (ex-prince) are interested in cars :)

Michael indeed has an interest in automobiles, really keen on military jeeps. He is also a pilot. He was a test pilot in his exile days.

Anne studied fashion at Parsons school of design. She was voluntarily joined the French army as an ambulance driver.

Margarita was heavily influenced by her grandmother. She was an equestrian, played the piano and involved in student politics.

Elena was very athletic in school. She played goal in netball. She has pursued a career in art restoration.

Nicholas grew up spending holidays with his grandfather working on his jeep collection.nthevtwobshateca love of cars, boats and airplanes. He also did a lot of fishing with them. He is into outdoor challenges, having worked in Africa and other areas leading expeditions. He is a rafting trainer.

Last edited:
:previous: Great find:flowers:

One thing Charles and Philip have in common

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/features/watercolours

https://www.artbrokerage.com/Prince-Charles

An interesting video from Charles about several generations of artists in the family.

http://www.pbs.org/program/royal-paintbox/

Lady rose Gilman actually makes Harry Potter wiki, as she was an art assistant on several films
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Rose_Windsor

There are a number of published authors including Charles and Princess Michael.

Last edited:
Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians was a sculpturer and a yoga practicioner, which leads to the following anecdote. In 1958-when she was 81- she invited BKS Iyengar to the palace:

She wanted to learn to stand on her head and was not about to take ‘No’ for an answer saying: ‘if you can’t teach me to stand on my head, you can leave’. With some trepidation, and acutely aware what headlines there would be if the august queen did not survive the experience, Iyengar carefully positioned his feet and his body to allow for the maximum possibility of success and hoisted her up onto her head. Although this was remarkable enough, everyone around was rather more concerned with whether or not he could bring her down safely again. Queen Elisabeth was so taken with Iyengar that she gave him the first of the two gifts that ever afterwards remained precious to him. This first one was a bust of him. She had sculpted it with her own hands. He treasured it ever afterwards, and it would take pride of place in the institute he would later build.
From this article.

When Princess Anne was at Benenden, she did drama, netball, sang in the choir, and played the oboe; although she had to give it up after her teeth got in the way. And let's not forget horseback riding!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Princess Charlene was an Olympic swimmer before she married Albert and still swims now. I believe in addition to playing Water Polo, William held school records for swimming freestyle in a couple of sprint distances.

William, Harry and Charles are all polo players. Prince Philip was very into racing horse-drawn carts and he was a pilot, as well.

Could we call Stephanie of Monaco's dabbling in pop music and modeling in the 80s a hobby? She certainly seemed to enjoy both, but wasn't serious or focused enough to really call those career attempts.

The HGD of Luxembourg is an accomplished musician who plays violin, cello and guitar. He also writes and composes his own music. He is a talented linguist who speaks English, French, Spanish, German and Luxembourgish perfectly.

His wife Stephanie plays the piano and is good linguist as well(English, French, German, Luxembourgish, some Dutch and Russian)

Last edited:
Empress Elisabeth of Austria took up fencing in her fifties. As a horsewoman she rode for hours on end.

The HGD of Luxembourg is an accomplished musician who plays violin, cello and guitar. He also writes and composes his own music. He is a talented linguist who speaks English, French, Spanish, German and Luxembourgish perfectly.

His wife Stephanie plays the piano and is good linguist as well(English, French, German, Luxembourgish, some Dutch and Russian)

There's a picture of HDG Guillaume playing the guitar in Prince Liam's baptism.

HDG Stéphanie is interested in literature too.

There is a video filmed during the family's state visit to The Vatican and meeting with the Pope, while introducing P. Alexandra and P. Sebastién to the Pope, GD Maria Teresa mentions that P. Alexandra is interested in social sciences like Philosophy

:previous: Alexandra studied for a degree in social sciences, with special interest in ethics and anthropology. She is now doing a masters in conflict resolution.

Same for Stephanie, literature was not just an interest, it is her area of study. She studied for a degree in German linguistics/literature, and spent a year in Russia studying Russian lit. She has a masters degree.

King George V of Great Britain took a great interest in a collecting of stamps when he was only 13 years old. He did his first purchases at Pembertone and Charles Phillips.

Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands liked to do paintings. Her favorite subject to paint were landscapes. She especially liked the fjords of Norway and the scenery of Scotland.

Meghan Markle is an American-born member of the British royal family and former actress. She Breaks Royal Style "Protocol" and Has Some Photo Booth Fun.

I am sorry what does 'breaking royal fashion protocal' have to do with interests??? (Not that she has. There is the Meghan broke protocal by.....and here are the 1000 times this year every royal lady had done it too).

And photo booths other then you trying to promote business on the page?

Royals and their personal life

There are many royals around the world who is known for their beauty, philanthropic works and by many more. From Duchess Kate of Cambridge to Queen Letizia Of Spain and From Prince William to Prince Louis, Each royals make headlines most time . This thread is all about royal personal life which includes their hobbies,favourites like favourite food, favourite colour , Education background etc

The Cambridge royal kids favourite activities
Princess Charlotte: Princess Charlotte loves dancing. It was revealed by both of her parents. She is also a keen horse rider. Charlotte is really into gymnastics, she's doing cartwheels, handstands, everything.It was revealed by her mum kate. When Kate in Ireland trip ,she revealed that her daughter loves guitar.

Prince George: George is also into sport and shares a love of tennis with his mum. George enjoys horse riding. George loves guitar and he is learning with it.His mum kate revealed it during trip to Ireland.

Prince Louis: Prince Louis loves riding bicycle. He also loves scootering.

Kate middleton loves Colouring!She colour adult coloring book. She also loves Photo graphy as she take princess charlotte picture on her 6th brithday

Kate middleton Diet and Routine
Kate middleton is fan of plank. She also do Cardio and weights in her exercise. She always find time to run even with her busy schedule. Kate adds rowing and cycling exercise to her workout list. By the way,Kate loves yoga .

After her three pregnancies ,she follows Dukan diet. She began her day with smoothie containing spirulina, kale, matcha, spinach, lettuce, cilantro and blueberries. She's also said to enjoy berries blended with almond milk as an afternoon snack.Kate loves watermelon salads, gazpacho, goji berries, tabbouleh and ceviche for their skincare-benefits. [Source:marieclarie]

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/kate-middleton-diet-exercise

Princess Diana always wanted to become ballerina but she too tall.

Queen Victoria and King Charles III share a love of art. I have two library books checked out right now called Queen Victoria's Sketchbook and HRH The Prince of Wales Watercolors. Charles is very talented; so was Victoria.

Royals and football (soccer)

How many royals supports football/soccer clubs?

Ex: The Prince of Wales is a Aston Villa supporter, the late Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Sussex supports Arsenal FC
King Carl XVI Gustaf is a fan of Djurgarden IF
The Princely Family of Liechtenstein owns the FC Vaduz
King Felipe VI of Spain is a fan of Atletico Madrid
The Princely Family of Monaco has 33,33% of the actions of the AS Monaco

What your examples, fellas? ?:flowers:;)

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands follow Ajax and Feyenoord.
King Harald of Norway has been said to be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur, which is a bit surprising.

Last edited:
Frederik follow AGF, presumably a legacy from his time studying in Aarhus.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands follow Ajax and Feyenoord.
King Harald of Norway has been said to be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur, which is a bit surprising.

I though that he was a fan of Trondheim club Rosenborg BK

Prince Christian is a dedicated F.C. Copenhagen fan. Crown Prince Frederik once told Billed-Bladet that he enjoys following both Arsenal and Liverpool.

I though that he was a fan of Trondheim club Rosenborg BK

Given that one plays in the English Premier League and one plays in Norwegian Eliteserien, they aren't rivals and as such it's perfectly possible for him to be a fan of both.

Back
Top Bottom