Royal Hairstyles Part 2: January 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Unfortunately when hair is that long it has to be professionally dressed or those elegant waves are pulled straight by the sheer weight of the hair itself not to mention the diabolical liberties the wind would take without "assistance". Stephanies's hair, while thick, is very fine and hard to manage as we saw with her wedding tiara problems.

She would have spent a lot of time having her hair professionally dressed for appearances running up to the wedding however, that requires a large input of time and dedication and somehow Stephanie doesn't come across as a 'high maintenance' type of person.

I think her hair is back at a length she can largely manage herself.

That's true MARG. Trying to manage hair that length and texture would be a full time job in itself!

Queen Paola of Beligium appears to have dramatically changed her hairstyle in recent months - it is now quite short and she has not coloured it.

:previous: She looks wonderful and she and her hairdresser are playing to her strengths, elegant grey hair and its length for them to play with.

i thought this article may interest several of you. it speaks about letizia's new hairstyle, but not only, as it covers her lifestyle in general.

it says her hairdresser since the moment she became fiance to felipe was María Luz Valero Reneses. she is responsible for her new haircut, and was also her hairdresser for her wedding, although for her first royal gathering, at the royal wedding in denmark in 2004, she chose cristina's go to hairdresser, Gloria Delgado. she has known luz since her time being a journalist.

an interesting anecdote is that she travels with her curlers on in planes and takes them off when landing to be picture perfect, according to palace aides.

Jo Hansford, hairdresser to Camilla Parker and Kate Middleton, apparently also praised letizia's new style.

the article also mentions that letizia follows the perricone diet, counts the calories she eats per day, and practices sport: she does zumba with friends Sonsoles Ónega, Inmaculada Nácher o Almudena Bermejo and does yoga at a friends house, Javier López Madrid and Silvia Villar Mir.

As? es Luz Valero, la peluquera de la Reina Letizia: 'El corte no s?lo es m?o; ella y yo lo consensuamos todo' | loc | EL MUNDO

Why Victoria has always her hair gathered? Not flaterr at all.
Because she loves her hair like that and feels comfortable with it. The swedish reporters have told many times, that Victoria hates her hair open and down. When she was younger, she had a ponytail and now she has a bun. She doesn't like that her hair is hanging on her face. Everyone has the right to have her hair in a way that she herself likes, whatever the others think about that.
And the most important thing at the future queen of Sweden is how she does her work, not how she keeps her hair.
I know the important thing is the work she do but and the look is not negligible. She could cut her hair a nice short it will be perfect.
I don't know about that! When Victoria pins her hair up for the day, that's it. It requires no more time and effort whereas, short hair is a bit of a lottery. Speaking as one who has had both, short hair is great for someone on the run and with a low maintenance lifestyle.

Victoria's lifestyle is anything but, and I would hate to see her trying to wear any tiara on very short hair. Longer hair, such as that worn by Queen Letizia and the Countess of Wessex, is high maintenance and would keep a hairspray and bobby pin manufacturer in business indefinitely.

Mostly I like the fact that we can always see her face, the way it lights up when she smiles and laughs. Unbound hair is a messy affair the moment there is a whiff of wind, as we saw with HGD Stephanie who started the day looking gorgeous but, when faced with a windblown mess of hair, whipped out a tie and fashioned a make-do ponytail. Kudos to her for her common sense, but it wasn't too pretty. Others have let thier long tresses smack other people in the face rather than using a little very uncommon, common sense.

But that's one of the reasons I admire Victoria so much. She isn't a slave to fashion and has never let fashion get in the way of function. That just isn't who she is, a very professional woman, there to do a job. That job is not as a model but a Princess of Sweden.

Mostly I like the fact that we can always see her face, the way it lights up when she smiles and laughs. Unbound hair is a messy affair the moment there is a whiff of wind, as we saw with HGD Stephanie who started the day looking gorgeous but, when faced with a windblown mess of hair, whipped out a tie and fashioned a make-do ponytail. Kudos to her for her common sense, but it wasn't too pretty. Others have let thier long tresses smack other people in the face rather than using a little very uncommon, common sense.

But that's one of the reasons I admire Victoria so much. She isn't a slave to fashion and has never let fashion get in the way of function. That just isn't who she is, a very professional woman, there to do a job. That job is not as a model but a Princess of Sweden.

I totally agree. I love and admire Victoria because of her personality, warmth and work ethics. I also like that I can always see her face and she isn't the whole time touching her hair to get it our of her face when she talks with people. She wants to concentrate on her work and wants to give impression that she takes her work and the people she meets seriously. I think that it is great that in the morning Victoria gets her hair to a bun, and looks good and professional the whole day and can concentrate on her work. And when it is time for the big events, like weddings and Nobels, we have during the years seen that Victoria has had a lot of gorgeous hairdos in them. But I'm one of those who never wants to see Victoria with her hair down, I love it when it is at a bun. Victoria is a strong and regal woman, I don't want to see her with girly curls flowing aroung.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom