Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 9 (Jan 2019 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Albert, Queen Paola and Princess Astrid attended the 'Concert of Belgian-Italian friendship' at the Liege Opera House this evening, June 24:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

So like Princess Beatrix in the Netherlands, these former monarchs still attend events and are visible, etc. Interesting. So it CAN be done. A monarch can abdicate/step aside and not disappear or stop being visible and involved. So there IS precedent. :whistling:

Last edited:
Huh. So if Albert is Tino, what happens if they get together with the Greeks?

Also, I know Albert is differently-generationed and perhaps not au fait with his phone, but how does one answer a call on speaker? ? (Or we see where Laurent gets his phone skills.)

Poor Paola must not feel too great if she felt she needed to get a hold of him.

How lovely the King answers his call when King Philippe and Prince Gabriel were ready for the Picture ....

Also, I know Albert is differently-generationed and perhaps not au fait with his phone, but how does one answer a call on speaker? ? (Or we see where Laurent gets his phone skills.)

Old people ALWAYS put on the speakerphone because they don't really hear anymore lol, my dad used to be the same way in his 80s ?

I often answer my phone on speaker actually, and I'm not 88 as King Albert.

I often answer my phone on speaker actually, and I'm not 88 as King Albert.

With other people around? Hopefully they are not party to your private conversations, nicknames, or the amusement of your other relatives, then.

:previous:

Well, Paola just wanted to know if she could start cooking the potatoes yet.?;)

And I think Albert is pretty handy with that phone.
When my mother was 90, it already became a problem if there were a little more than two buttons on something.??

Last edited:

Indeed. I always thought the only "Tino" in royal terms is the former King of Greece (and his eldest grandson, of course)...;)

Really lovely to see King Albert there for his grandson, mamma Mia Gabriel must be 6'4! Wow.
Eleonore is so grown up as well, already a very stylish Lady to keep an eye on and, like it has been mentioned before, Emmanuel is 300% Coburg. They all seem like very good kids who won't be causing any problems.

QUOTE=leidi;2500836]This was hilarious:

Philippe and Gabriel were trying to not laugh out loud, the amount of times they must have heard the same thing :lol: :lol:
Gabriel must have been thinking: nonna, pls :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just LOL! And I've just now realized that the kids (E.G.E.E) must be at least conversational in Italian.

Hilarious! Albertino is kinda cute, lol. King Albert looked so proud of his grandson :wub:
I guess the kids (E.G.E.E) must be at least conversational in Italian (?)

Eleonore is flourishing, what an stylish young lady; Emmanuel is 300% Coburg, and Gabriel must be at least 6'4, mamma mia!

Wow Nicolas looks A LOT like his great-uncle Baudouin, those Coburg genes are REALLY strong :D

I don't know... I think he looks exactly like young Laurent, with glasses. They also seem to have very different personalities, which easily projects. (Baudouin and Nicolas, that is.)

Last edited:
I don't know... I think he looks exactly like young Laurent, with glasses. They also seem to have very different personalities, which easily projects.

I think that Aymeric looked more like Baudouin when he was very young but now I see more of him on Nicolas, they are both 300% Coburg tho lmao, those genes are SO strong, that's why I always laughed at those who said that Laurent wasn't Albert's son, he looks remarkably like his father (even more than Philippe does) :lol:

Last edited:
Nice to see the two Queens together at an event, esp. something so close to Queen Paola's heart. And it seems king Albert II made an effort too.

I believe the lady with the short grey hair is the wife of Carl Bildt, the former Swedish prime minister.

Thanks a lot for adding that information! That's interesting to know and understandable due to Queen Paola's age.

You're very welcome. I should really be thanking you for all the amazing links you always provide on these boards x

Thank you very much, LibrarianDaisy! :flowers::flowers: I hadn't seen your post until now..?

King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Princess Astrid received principal authorities of the country on the occasion of the New Year today, January 31:

** rex gallery ** video ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Nice to see the kings sister in the official line up for the Palace reception :previous:

I find it very moving to see how Queen Paola takes care of King Albert. What a life they've had.

The best place ever to see the whole Royal Family.
I saw Prince Guillaume and Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg too. Was his Sister Margaretha there ??

Back
Top Bottom