Royal Ascot 1: All Years to 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the pics!:flowers:
I think they all look elegant and special!
Maybe the outfit of the Queen is a bit too pink...
The Duchess of Cornwall looks great, her hat is for me the winner of the day!:)
The Countess of Wessex looks good too, the hat is maybe not my taste, but it fits her well.
...And the men are elegant like everybody expected. The Prince of Wales looks most handsome...:D

I am just pleased to see Sophie. I just cannot tolerate that Camilla. I like Sophie's suit it is an old one though am I right? The Queen looks gorgeous as always. Thanks for the photos all.

I like Camilla´s outfit. The hat is georgious. The dress doesn´t seem to fit perfectly around her shoulders and she could use a better bra.:cool: But all in all I like it.

Thanks for posting the pictures. This was my favorite week of summer when I lived in England from the Garter to Ascot. In 1982 My mom and I were fortunate to have tickets the Garter procession. We had such a good time that we decided to go for broke and went to Ascot's Ladies Day later that week.

Wow the hats sure have changed haven't they?? I like Camilla's hat. Sophie's?? Not crazy about that one. It looks like it would be hard to wear. You know I am missing a serving platter?? I think I may have found it!!;)

Anne looks quite nice, although I wish she would have chosen Beige or brown gloves.

I was looking at the overall fashion and the majority of the people were wearing the flat hats. The Fashion editor of the the Times noted Sophie got it right - flat hats are in, apparently no one told Camilla's dresser.

For all those, who missed Sophie, here are two picture of her----> Sophie 1 ; Sophie 2. She looked nice, I guess, but I can't say I like that flat hat. :D
I know Sophie seems to go with what they sell at the fashion chains, but this one takes the biscuit, oh, it is the biscuit! Thank goodness it wasn't too windy! :lol:

I was looking at the overall fashion and the majority of the people were wearing the flat hats. The Fashion editor of the the Times noted Sophie got it right - flat hats are in, apparently no one told Camilla's dresser.

I think Camilla's dresser was aware of it- her hat is slightly flattish as well but with more feminine angles. And to tell the truth, I like it much better then Sophie's. Sophie's is too flat for my taste, even if it is the latest fashion trend for Ascot. :)

Camilla's dress was a mistake and her hat didn't flatter her either.

And yet at the Trooping she looked wonderful...ahh well.

I am so glad to see Sophie at a family gathering. I was beginning to get worried that something had happened to her. I haven't seen any pictures of her in the royal box. Does she seem ok? Is there good interaction between her and the rest of the family?

Just my views...

In my humble opinion, the Royal Ascot Race is about parading creations of the cutting-edge millinery. At the same time, consistency and light modifications of the same style hats (e.g., Countess of Wessex and her obvious passion towards "satellite hats") tend to obscure the whole outfit.

I just noticed in the article that Sophie didn't take part in the parade. That's odd.
As far as i know from TheRoyalist website, laduchesse, the heir to the throne would travel, in the first carriage with the Queen and the DoE no matter his wife was there. But Prince Charles made an appearance along with his wife in the second carriage, and Prince Michael of Kent was also with his wife in the same carriage. It would be strange getting either Princess Anne (who was not in the carriages) or the Countess in the first carriage with Prince Andrew but not Prince Charles, or getting Anne and Sophie in second carriage and making to another carriage with only Prince and Princess Michael of Kent by themselves. Well, it's sad Sophie didn't join the Royals but at least we saw her attendance, Edward should be in England by today so i hope Sophie will appear with him on second day at Ascot.

Sophie's hat looked utterly ridiculous. All that was missing was a couple dinner plates, since it looked like a serving tray.

I don't like Sophie's hat, but she's just getting into the spirit of Ascot. I know she is a member of the royal family, but that doesn't mean she can't take part in the fun.

My opinion only of course

hate camilla's dress and this is the second straight year that sophie had on a really bad hat.

Personally I love both Camillas' outfit & hat. I think she looked very smart & dressed entirely appropriatly for Ascot.

I just have found these pics:

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos (one of my favourite pics of this year :flowers:)
It is certainly a lovely picture, thank you milla Ca, they both look so happy!:twohearts:

Camilla helps get Royal Ascot off to a stylish start

The Duchess of Cornwall proved a front runner in the fashion race as Royal Ascot kicked off on Tuesday. Accompanied by Prince Charles - looking every inch the gent in a gleaming top hat and morning suit accessorised with a cornflower in his buttonhole - Camilla led the trend for shallow-brimmed, outsize headwear

Camilla helps get Royal Ascot off to a stylish start

Last edited:
I loved the hats, especially those of Camilla, the Queen, and Princess Michael. Though Camilla is my favourite. I think the Duchess looked great.
For all those, who missed Sophie, here are two picture of her----> Sophie 1 ; Sophie 2. She looked nice, I guess, but I can't say I like that flat hat. :D

Although Princess Michael was quite dashing in her outfit, it is not new. She wore the suit and the same hat last year for the service of Thanksgiving for the Queen's 80th Birthday.

Primrose for HM today. (from Getty)

Yellow and brown for HM today. What a nice combination. It looks like vanilla flowers that are on her hat.

This is the first time that Camilla is at Ascot on the 2nd day. What a mega-brooch she is wearing!!

Ugh! Why does Sophie insist on wearing those horrible plates on her head?

And why does Camilla keep wearing shades of white! I wish she would wear something a bit more colorful. None the less her outfit today is much better than what she wore yesterday. Although, that brooch is the size of a battleship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom