Romanian Castles, Palaces and Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that he didn't have children doesn't mean that he also didn't have heirs. When he died he had a wife and most likely she was his heir (or at least one of his heirs).
So also his heirs (as well as Princess Elisabeth's heirs and Marc Favrat's heirs, whoever they are) should be taken into account, if and when someone will claim back Elisabeth Palace.

In this case any heirs of Marc Favrat are quite irrelevant, id rule out any chance of them inheriting anything as they have nothing to do with Romania

I'm not sure that "having nothing to do with Romania" can be considered as a rule valid in matters of inheritance. Besides that, using the very same criterion one could argue that the descendants of Queen Marie of Yugoslavia also "have nothing to do with Romania" and therefore should not be considered, in spite of their closeness or allegiance to the Romanian royal family; and the same would go with regards to several grandchildren of the late King Michael, as well as several children and grandchildren of the late Princess Ileana.
And however there would still be the problem of Paul Lambrino: he could also have a claim, being a grandson of the late King Carol II, he doesn't have any closeness nor allegiance to the Romanian royal family and he most definitely has something to do with Romania.

As I said in my previous post, the Yugoslavian Royal descendants of Queen Maria and Austrian-Tuscan descendants of Princess Ileana most probably wouldn't claim because of their closeness and allegiance towards the Romanian Royal Family

Nobody claimed the Palace until now.

The change of the prime minister (third change in a year) could also change the attitude of the government regarding the use of Elisabeta Palace where nowadays reside the eldest daughter of the late King and her husband and also the youngest daughter of the late King.
Time is running so we have to see if the new government will come or not with a new proposal.

Seeing the way the Royals have still remained at Elisabeta Palace, I don't think they have any intention of moving out

Seeing the way the Royals have still remained at Elisabeta Palace, I don't think they have any intention of moving out

It is not about their intention but about what will be the decision of the government.

Seeing the instability clearly shows how unpopular actions of the republican are being taken

The political problems have nothing to do anyway with the issue of Elisabeta Palace.
To try to connect the issue of the use of Elisabeta Palace to the situation of Peles and Pelisor of is also rather curious.

Last edited:

They are still in court mourning, and nothing will be done to leave the palace during that time. I’d like to see a Western government be so tonedeaf as to remove a former royal family riding a wave of increased popularity and sympathy from a royal palace in the middle of deep mourning.

If one wishes to see the monarchy, and the Custodian, rise further in popularity, maybe that’s what the government should do. Demand them out and see what happens with public opinion.

That being said, as long as the the statute regarding the Royal Family isn’t implemented, there are no signs that politicians wish to forcibly remove the Custodian, Prince Radu and Princess Maria from the Elisabeta Palace, in what would undoubtedly be a pr-disaster for republican politicians and a massive boost for the Royal Family and the cause of monarchy.

I’m sure they’ll find a better way to compromise.
Well. I hope.

Politicians are fickle beings.

They don't want to pay a rent. They want to stay one year without paying. Both were refused and they are right . They spent a huge amount of money for King Michael's Funerals because of the broadcast.
I hope a Royalist will give them a house to leave in Bucarest.
Romanian Government has for the moment other political problems to solve . The late King 's Children if they stay in Romanian they have to pay or go far away at Peles Castle who needs urgent Renovation .

They don't want to pay a rent. They want to stay one year without paying. Both were refused and they are right . They spent a huge amount of money for King Michael's Funerals because of the broadcast.
Romanian Government has for the moment other political problems to solve . The late King 's Children if they stay in Romanian they have to pay or go far away at Peles Castle who needs urgent Renovation .

All due respect, the issue of rent has nothing to do with this.

There are negotiations and nothing is excluded at the moment.

There are negotiations and nothing is excluded at the moment.

I guess those of us who said this would be negotiated and handled discreetly, during the period of court mourning placing bounds on how to deal with the Royal Family formally for a while still, got this one right.

Again.

Is there any news on where the Crown Princess will take up residence after they leave the Elisabeta Palace next month?

The Romanian royal family will continue to reside at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest but will pay a rent for the use of the property, the public television TVR reported. This follows the negotiations between the Royal House and the Administration of the State Protocol Patrimony (RAAPPS).
Romanian royal family to rent Bucharest residence

The Romanian royal family will continue to reside at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest but will pay a rent for the use of the property, the public television TVR reported. This follows the negotiations between the Royal House and the Administration of the State Protocol Patrimony (RAAPPS).
Romanian royal family to rent Bucharest residence

That's a very good solution. If somebody wants a state property a rent is normal to be paid.

I'm glad that the Royal Family will continue to reside at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest and that a compromise has been reached!

I'm glad that the Royal Family will continue to reside at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest and that a compromise has been reached!

There is no compromise at the moment but only a temporary solution.

Thats still better than nothing in my book.

We all have to pay mortgage or rent. No one forces Margareta to make use of Elisabeta Palace. It is her own choice to use it. Or not.

Who wants to use a state property has to pay the rent and the rent has to be decided taking into account how big is the residence and where it us situated.

This seems all perfectly reasonable to me, the RF hold no official role in the country so why should they live in a State property for free? Now if they want to use a state owned property that has historical and personal connection to them and their family then of course its nice if they can be allowed but again, not for free.

The discussion is only about two daughters and one son in law of the late King. The other descendants of the King do not live there and have not asked to live there.

The discussion is only about two daughters and one son in law of the late King. The other descendants of the King do not live there and have not asked to live there.

I thought Margareta lives at Savarsin?

Savarsin is a private property of the daughters of the late King and is in Arad county in the western part of Romania.

She does, but she and Prince Radu divide their time between Savarsin and Elisabeta Palace, while Princess Maria primarily resides in the latter.

The issue of rent is standard, a compromise to those opposed to the idea and a small concession on the part of its supporters, so nothing surprising or revolutionary.

This seems all perfectly reasonable to me, the RF hold no official role in the country so why should they live in a State property for free? Now if they want to use a state owned property that has historical and personal connection to them and their family then of course its nice if they can be allowed but again, not for free.

Actually they do have an official role, they're diplomats of the country, the head of the house (formerly King Michael, now Crown Princess Margareta) and heir (formerly Crown Princess Margareta, now Princess Elena) are members of the Senate of Romania, the crown princess is president of the Romanian Red Cross

They haven't asked not to live there, there hasn't been any clarification whatsoever

Savarsin Palace is the Christmas residence of the royal family

Savarsin is a private property of the daughters of the late King and is in Arad county in the western part of Romania.

It is not private property of the daughters, it's owned by the Crown Princess

Crown Princess Margareta also owns the entire Peles park and complex, Peles Castle is a museum but they sometimes do also reside in the smaller castle of Pelisor

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom