Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But marrying a rich partner does not make a royal family on itself rich. Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon de Parme (cousine of King Willem-Alexander) is married with Albert Brenninkmeijer. His family is the wealthiest of the Netherlands (worth some 23 billion Euro).

But that does not mean suddenly her brother, the Duke of Parma, now has more to spend. I think he will not get one single Eurocent extra because his sister married such a rich gentleman...

Princess Irina married a wealthy man but that was it, the wealth will remain in the Kreuger family and not be transferred to King Michael and his family, of course.

The descendants of King Michael will inherit only the goods of the King but they have really nothing to do with the restoration of Monarchy in Romania anymore.

The Romanian royalists have now the opportunity to be very claer about the future and show their support to the Princes of Hohenzollerns as the only Successors to the Throne.

Last edited:
I'm amazed that the King would make a decision which effectively kills any change of Romania becoming a monarchy once again.

The descendants of King Michael will inherit only the goods of the King but they have really nothing to do with the restoration of Monarchy in Romania anymore.

The Romanian royalists have now the opportunity to be very claer about the future and show their support to the Princes of Hohenzollerns as the only Successors to the Throne.

Nonsense. The Hohenzollerns are virtually unknown to the romanian people. Those few who´ve heard about them consider them as utterly foreign. They´d NEVER gain enough public support from the romanian society.
I also doubt this german family, who don´t live in Romania, have any interest of becoming romanian royals...
I cannot think of any romanian government of allowing the Hohenzollerns to take up residence in any of the castles or palaces used by today´s royal family!

:previous:With what happened on august 10 i learned not to be absolute in anything and expect everything even the Hohenzollerns become romanian royals.

Nonsense. The Hohenzollerns are virtually unknown to the romanian people.

[....]

Euh... Michael, Margareta, Elena, Irina, Sofia and Maria are all 100 % born Hohenzollerns and Princes (Princesses) of the House Hohenzollern... You seem to overlook that...

:lol:

Euh... Michael, Margareta, Elena, Irina, Sofia and Maria are all 100 % born Hohenzollerns and Princes (Princesses) of the House Hohenzollern... You seem to overlook that...

I guess you know exactly to who I referred to as "the Hohenzollerns"....:whistling:
You seem to overlook this (source: Wikipedia)::lol:

On 10 May 2011, on a background of lawsuits in Germany brought against his family by his German relatives regarding the former name Hohenzollern-Veringen of his son in law, Radu, and of fears[89] expressed by some that the German Hohenzollerns may claim succession to the headship of the Romanian royal house, Michael severed all of the dynastic and historical ties with the princely house of Hohenzollern, changed the name of his family to "of Romania", and gave up all princely titles conferred to him and to his family by the German Hohenzollerns.[4][90]

Last edited:
Nonsense. The Hohenzollerns are virtually unknown to the romanian people. Those few who´ve heard about them consider them as utterly foreign. They´d NEVER gain enough public support from the romanian society.
I also doubt this german family, who don´t live in Romania, have any interest of becoming romanian royals...
I cannot think of any romanian government of allowing the Hohenzollerns to take up residence in any of the castles or palaces used by today´s royal family!

What do you know about the Romanian royalists attitude regarding the Princes of Hohenzollern? Have you ever been to Romania? Have you spoken with Romanian Royalists?
The only chance for restoration of Monarchy is represented by the House of Hohenzollern.

The King and his daughters are not Hohenzollerns anymore but the Hohenzollerns remain the only Line of Succession according the Constitution of 1923.

The succesion at this time is a bit complicated . Let's say that Prince Carl of Hohenzollern and his son say no to succession then the next is his brothers imagine (i read he have two). So what? We ask them and whoever accepted? (And of course if the two granddaughters of King say no also) COMPLEX :ohmy:

The monarchy in Romania will never return, we can be relatively sure about that. But of course there are also nobles living in Romania, on estates, like in France or in Germany, which are republics as well.

It is interesting what happens to Peleș, Pelișor and Săvârșin. Were these private property of the King and could these be transmitted to anyone the King pleases? Or were there conditions to the ownership of the estates, that these should remain with the bearer of the Crown (or the Head of the House)? Then there could be a juridical yes-no-yes-no between the heirs of Michael of Romania born Hohenzollern and the gentleman who will become the Head of the House (the closest related most senior male Hohenzollern), which is the present Fürst von Hohenzollern.

The monarchy, forget about it... but the estates, or the value of these... that is always something interesting. Many, many royal and aristocratic families have reached agreements or settlements with the state about their properties. King Michael has got Peleș, Pelișor and Săvârșin returnerd. But what was the status of these goods before these were seized by the Nazis and communists? Property of the Head of the House of Romania or private property of a private individual?

Exactly. The entire complex situation. And I wonder, is he ever possible to King Mihai risked all this without a very serious reason? No I do not think. I believe that things will stay for the time being as they are (Margareta, Radu and Maria) without making hasty moves.

What do you know about the Romanian royalists attitude regarding the Princes of Hohenzollern? Have you ever been to Romania? Have you spoken with Romanian Royalists?
The only chance for restoration of Monarchy is represented by the House of Hohenzollern.

The decision about the future of the monarchy in this particular country is not being made by a handful of royalists but by the mean, average romanian population as a whole!
The princely house of H. is unknown to the people of Romania. Unlike Mihai´s family they don´t play any part in Romanias society. They are foreign and are perceived as such by those who are aware of them at all...
So how you could claim that the only hope of a restoration would lay upon them is beyond me...!

Last edited:
The King's descendants are not considered more Romanian than the Princes of Hohenzollern.
The supporters of Monarchy show the possibilities for a restoration are still quite real.

That is true. In essence Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills was a Swiss born British gentleman who suddenly was created a Prince of Romania (in the meantime he has lost that title again). When such a move can be made for a Mr Medforth Mills, it surely can be done too for the Fürst von Hohenzollern.

In the year 2015, why would average Romanians support replacing the country's democratically-elected president with a German person who doesn't even speak Romanian?

The King's descendants are not considered more Romanian than the Princes of Hohenzollern.

Well, that's odd, especially considering that a few years ago the King, the Queen and Princess Margarita topped the polls when average Romanians were asked who they most trusted in public life.

I did not see the Fürst von Hohenzollern anywhere on that list.

In the year 2015, why would average Romanians support replacing the country's democratically-elected president with a German person who doesn't even speak Romanian?

Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills barely did speak Romanian either. He has come a long way however. But Nicholas' sister Karina Medforth-Mills and his cousin Elisabeth Biarneix, the only two younger persons in the line of succession speak barely Romanian either.

Forget about the replacement of the republican form of state in that of a monarchy. That is not going to happen and that is also not the point. It is about the headship of the Hohenzollern branch which ruled Romania. What happens when Michael von Hohenzollern dies?

According the last royal Constitution and the Family Pact his daughters Margareta von Hohenzollern, Elena von Hohenzollern, Irina von Hohenzollern, Sophia von Hohenzollern and Maria von Hohenzollern are no successors. (I do repeat their surnames to remind that the Hohenzollerns in Germany are not aliens from outer space, as some posters seem to think, but their very family and the House they belong to).

Unsurprisingly, faced with the fact that he has no male heirs, King Michael suddenly cut all ties off with the House of Hohenzollern and created the House of Romania. Now he has cut in his own finger: the "future" (Nicholas) is out of play. The two left-overs (Karina and Elisabeth) are virtually unknown and are they interested at all?

When King Michael had just respected things how these were, then the headship of the former Royal House of Romania would go to the Fürst von Hohenzollern and then to his son, Alexander, the Erbprinz. Seeing how they manage their 1000-years old heritage with great success, one could not have wished a better candidate for a splendid exploitation and bright future for the estates of Pelişor, Peleş and Săvârşin as well the management of the domains and exploitation of the grounds and forests.

King Michael and his family have made a hopeless mess of all this and the only serious ones to save the historic royal patrimonium are the Hohenzollerns. Without them all will be sold again to the highest bidder. Mark my words.

:sad:

Last edited:
Well, that's odd, especially considering that a few years ago the King, the Queen and Princess Margarita topped the polls when average Romanians were asked who they most trusted in public life.

I did not see the Fürst von Hohenzollern anywhere on that list.

When you do not include an option in a poll, then the outcome is not so difficult to predict. I trust Angela Merkel very, very much. But never in a poll in France people will ask "Who do you trust most in public life?" and include Frau Merkel from Germany. That is obvious.

By the way: these polls are nuts. I trust M François Hollande in public life. I would never ever vote for him to be my President. That are two different things.

That is true. In essence Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills was a Swiss born British gentleman who suddenly was created a Prince of Romania (in the meantime he has lost that title again). When such a move can be made for a Mr Medforth Mills, it surely can be done too for the Fürst von Hohenzollern.

Agree. As can be done with the Karina and Elizabeth too. I imagine will be or become much discussion behind closed doors for the future of monarchy in Romania.

The problem with Karina Medforth-Mills is, seeing what "happened" to her brother, has she still interest? The problem with Elisabeth Biarneix is that she is the daughter of an unwanted and unsuitable spouse to her mother.

For that reason the marriage was seen as undynastical. She once was not in the line of succession at all, then became initially Number 9 but has now climbed to Number 5 thanks to King Michael's hocus-pocus. When Karina says no, I am curious to see what Elisabeth will do.

1 Princess Margareta
2 Princess Elena
Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills
3 Miss Karina Medforth-Mills
Princess Irina
Mr Michael Kreuger
Miss Angelica Kreuger
4 Princess Sophia
5 Miss Elizabeth Biarneix
6 Princess Maria

But we know really what "happen" with Nicolae? From this depend and the interest of Karina. And Elizabeth she was very young only 18 years old i find difficult to make this choice . My god i say it again complex.

The royalists represent even today more than 30% of the population and many of them understand the only solution could be to ask the Hohenzollerns to accept to become Pretenders after King Michael.

It is important to save the chances of the restoration of Monarchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the feeling that this would not like very much the king Mihai.

I believe that at the moment things in succession will stay as they are. We can not know whether Hohenzollerns interested but definitely the King Mihai does not care for them. This clearly showed the change in the line of succession did in 2007. Surely the King prefers his own descendant for successors of the dynasty. Unknown are the intentions of Margarita when you become the head of the dynasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be really cursious to see that the answer and the reactions to such a proposal would be. I'm not sure either of them would be so much positive.

:previous:
What chances? Your earlier posts seemed to indicate the imminence of the restoration because of high support among common people and politicians. You are pointing out an importance to save the chances now. King Michael himself torpedoed the real chance.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with you Al_bina. Also I wonder how useful could be to save the chance of the restoration just for the sake of saving it, since now it doesn't seem that there isn't anymore a real possibility of the restoration.

For many Romanians Monarchy represents the tradition and the identity of the country. The restoration of Monarchy could be done without the descendants of King Michael.

I agree with that. If you can make people accept a Swiss-born British young man as a public figure from the former royal house, I fail to see why a Prince from the very same dynasty as the King and his daughters, would be more difficult. I feel the view of the people here is blurred by the fact they "know" Nicholas, who seems a nice man. They have no idea about Prince Alexander von Hohenzollern, now reading Economics at university, and so he is suddenly "impossible" or something. Alexander von Hohenzollern is not more or less impossible than his Swiss/British cousin. In any way he has the royal Constitution and the Family Pact at his side and not King Michael's daily whims.

I agree with that. If you can make people accept a Swiss-born British young man as a public figure from the former royal house, I fail to see why a Prince from the very same dynasty as the King and his daughters, would be more difficult. I feel the view of the people here is blurred by the fact they "know" Nicholas, who seems a nice man. They have no idea about Prince Alexander von Hohenzollern, now reading Economics at university, and so he is suddenly "impossible" or something. Alexander von Hohenzollern is not more or less impossible than his Swiss/British cousin. In any way he has the royal Constitution and the Family Pact at his side and not King Michael's daily whims.

I disagree. Nicholas was the Grandson of the last King and descended from 3 of the four monarchs. Prince Alexander has no descent from any of the monarchs and his family has never had anything to do with Roumania, either now or in the past.
Personally I think it is time to leave the Roumanian Monarchy behind. Let Princess Margarita continue to do what she is doing, very capabally and decently but once she is gone, without a suitable heir, leave the monarchy in the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom