Princess Theodora & Prince Philippos current events 2: February 2016 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these photos. Princess Theodora and Prince Philippos are very close. Theodora always says that Philippos is her favorite brother, that's obvious:p?

Princess Theodora announced her commitment in November. Looking at the past to her brothers, Princess Alexia, Prince Pavlos and Prince Nikolaos , the meeting of both families would have to be very close or it should have happened already. Anyone know anything about this?

Princess Theodora has friends in all the world. The previous wedding she attended was by the Orthodox rite, but her friend is Iranian (of the shah's ;)),and before she was at the wedding of a Chandris, a greek family of shipowners, her other friend was married by the rite Hindu, she was at the wedding of a friend, in Morocco for the Scottish rite ..... How will her wedding be?:ermm:?

I am waiting, first of all, for the announcement of the wedding date.

Do you think both of Theodora's godmother's will be in attendance at her wedding?
Aunt/godmother, Queen Margrethe, and cousin/godmother, Queen Elizabeth?
Do you see a wedding in Greece or in London or elsewhere?

Do you think both of Theodora's godmother's will be in attendance at her wedding?
Aunt/godmother, Queen Margrethe, and cousin/godmother, Queen Elizabeth?
Do you see a wedding in Greece or in London or elsewhere?

Margrethe for sure, not just as her godmother but her maternal aunt. As well as Benedikte. And I'd expect Sofia as well.

When Nikolaus married some of his cousins like Fred and Felipe and their wives attended. But they were also close in age to him and probably have more of a relationship then Theodora would.

If they marry in London, I'd expect the queen unless her schedule doesn't allow. The Kents are a good chance, Prince Michael and his wife often attend events with the Greek royals due to their family bond through Marina.

Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia is her godfather. I'd expect him.

They could shock us and marry in the US, he is California born and she lives there. But I'd suspect either London where she was raised, or Greece. Perhaps Greece for her parents.

In all the weddings of the Greek royal house there have been representatives of the majority of royal houses. when it has been celebrated in London, have been authentic royal weddings, because all the real Houses have attended, this was so, with the Crown Prince Pavlos and the Princess Alexia. The wedding of Prince Nikolaos in Greece was conditioned by the place and the space, Spetses is very small, and a island,. There was representation of most of the royal houses, especially it was a princely representation, of the younger people. Queen Margaret and Queen Sofiam were in Greece and London .
If this is celebrated in London, will attend Queen Elizabeth, the agenda will not be a problem, it will be an event that will be on the agenda of the queen. Queen Margrethe will be present as well and Queen Sofía . Of the rest of real houses there will be representation of the majority, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria ....
But I see that Theodora is a very special woman, even she could wish for a more private wedding with her friends and family, in California.
I do not know what her decision will be, of course Greece is another option, it could be any island, although Spetses are more likely.

Last edited:
King Constantine is frail now , he cannot walk anymore. I think they will do a private wedding.

King Constantine lives permanently in Greece since 2013 in Porto Heli a locality of the Peloponnese, although it is also usual to see him and the Queen in Athens.He travels to London occasionally to attend British Royal Family events (as the 70 birthday of Prince Charles...) or friends events.

Last edited:
King Constantine is frail now , he cannot walk anymore. I think they will do a private wedding.

It will be private, the Greeks are private citizens.

That doesn't mean we wont see a number of royals in attendance at the wedding. And not just the ones she is related to. The royals are aware what shape Constantine is in and wouldn't be put off. Just like Jean in Luxembourg.

I personally think Princess Theodora will be married in Greece. I do not think it can be an intimate wedding, because Princess THeodora is directly related to royalty, this is inevitable in her wedding will have members of royalty, and thus the press.

I remember the wedding of Prince Nikolaos there were members of many royal houses from, Denmark, Spain, Iran, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Serbia, Jordan ...
I do not see any obstacle for the wedding to take place again in Greece.
It is true that the weddings that were held in London, Prince Pavlos and Princess Alexia, were impressive.

Last edited:
It is obvious that Princess Theodora is in no hurry in the preparations for her wedding.

Apparently, it has not been celebrated the family meet that is usual in this type of events of the Greek royal family, where the parents meet and they make a photos for the press. It is obvious that it has not been celebrated yet.

It is obvious that Prince Philippos loves Greece, he always spends his holidays in Greece, and reserves part of his holidays to be with his parents and family. King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria meet Nina, because last year, she was sailing in Afroessa with them, I even remember the photos of the magazines that Princess Benedikte of Denmark was also with them.

Has anyone seen any updates on the upcoming wedding?

A summer wedding in Greece seems an excellent option...

In March Nina was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Theodora Warre. She is also holidaying with them in Greece it seems, so seems a likely witness or bridesmaid if Phillippos and Nina end up marrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading, that Princess Theodora's wedding had been postponed because she had to record a movie or make a play ... I have been following her on instagram account and I see that she is in London. It is obvious the wedding will not be this summer

A May wedding in Greece must be beautiful! I hope that this rumour is correct. I'm really looking forward to this wedding.

I'm still not fond of this couple but it seems to work for them, so I wish them a happy married life. Hope they won't have to wait to long; as their one-year anniversary on their engagement is coming up.

I know that these are rumors, but, I think that it is true, I am sure that it will be in spring, this is certain, and I think May is a very suitable month.

Celia Kritharioti, she is a friend of the royal family, and she is in the line of the dress of Princess Theodora, I think Celia Kritharioti, is suitable for this job. I would like this rumor of Celia Kritharioti to be true

Last edited:
They are in france in the wedding of Jean-Christophe Napoléon & Olympia Arco-Zinneberg, it is a dinner pre-wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom