Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (1930-2002)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margaret did not live like a poor person . She lived life up to the full till the day she died, she was always having parties and having fun in her younger years, but in her older years things got a little more depressing after she divorced. david and Sarah inherited everything after she died.

I think that's what most ppl loved about her. She did live a full life, even if her last few years were marred by illness and (perhaps) loneliness. For most of her life she did what she wanted and pretty much bucked the whole royal system. All while remaining very regal and glamourous! I don't think we shall she the likes of Pss. Margaret again. And too bad.

I'm sorry but how absurd! What does he hope to prove by being allowed to see her will? Does he think he's somehow mentioned? I just don't get the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently according to the article, they're allowing the challenge on the general basis of a challenge to the right of senior royals to have sealed wills.

"They [the Court of Appeals judges] said there was an argument that he could at least put forward a claim that his request was in the general public interest about whether it was right for Margaret's will to be sealed.
Wills of senior members of the royal family have been officially sealed since 1911 and not open to public inspection."

Seems rather weird basis for overturning the judge's decision.

If Margaret did have an illegitimate son I'm sure there'd be no trace of it, even in a will. I think this is a bit of a waste of time and this fruitloop should consider himself to be healthy and alive rather than worrying about things he can do nothing about.

I'm sorry but how absurd! What does he hope to prove by being allowed to see her will? Does he think he's somehow mentioned? I just don't get the point.
I read somewhere, that he is convinced that she made mention of a discretionary trust for him or a even just an acknowledgement of him. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I believe that. Margaret was just plain mean to Tony a lot of times, and he was mean too.When she wasn't around him or her children she would call him "The Rat". So that could have been one of her cruel remarks.:lol:
I think him and Margaret both had a little fling with the same gender, but he played around with a lot more women.

There was that wonderful and very unconfirmed story about the Queen in Australia when Maggie and Lord S were still married. At a cocktail party she said to a chap, "And what do you do?". He said, "I'm a photographer". The Queen said, "Oh what a coincidence, my brother-in-law's a photographer". The chap responded, "Even more of a coincidence Ma'am, I've got a brother in law who's a queen".

Oh, I think him and Margaret both had a little fling with the same gender, but he played around with a lot more women.

Despite what many drunk straight guys believe, sleeping with someone of the same gender makes you just that little bit bisexual.

Many people said Princess Margaret had a relationship with a lady named Sharman Douglas or something like that, after the Townsend thing.

They did cover that in that ghastly Channel 4 documentary but I can't really see Princess Margaret as a lesbian to be honest. She had too many shoes.

They did cover that in that ghastly Channel 4 documentary but I can't really see Princess Margaret as a lesbian to be honest. She had too many shoes.
That's funny.:lol:No she wasn't a lesbian, she just didn't pick her men right.

Well she didn't. Think about it there was Peter Townsend who was 15 years her senior and was a divorcee with two young sons, not good for a princess of that time, then there was Lord Snowdon, who knew he wasn't going to fit in that life right, then there was Robin Douglas-Home the old PM's nephew, who committed suicide and then there was Roddy Llewellyn who was 15 years her junior.

Many people said Princess Margaret had a relationship with a lady named Sharman Douglas or something like that, after the Townsend thing.

Sharman Douglas was a friend of Princess Margaret's, certainly not a lesbian relationship. I believe she was the daughter of an ambassador. I did take note many years ago that Sharman Douglas was the only person in the world apart from family who was allowed to call the princess "Margaret."

Alot of women have very close friendships with other women and are not lesbians. Not that there's anything wrong with being a lesbian. It wouldn't surprise me if Pss Margaret "experimented" a bit. Esp. during the "anything" goes atmosphere she was a part of during the 60's/early 70s. She did seem like the type to try anything once.

Funny. :) I doubt shoes are indicative of anything, though. I mean, plenty of lesbians are very girly and feminine. It's just the masqueline (sp) stereotype which has the common association and attracts the jokesters. :D But I agree that Margaret probably was not a lesbian. If she experimented once or twice, that still doesn't make her a lesbian. Lesbian implies a lifestyle. Sexual experimentation is fleeting; it's not a one's lifestyle. She was in love with Townsend, a man; then she married another man, and had an affair with a third man. If she tried things with her friend Sharman as a young woman, that's hardly a lifestyle. It's just a young woman exploring the world, I guess. I never heard the lesbian theory about Margaret. It's a new idea for me. I wonder if the lesbian rumors came about. during the actual years of the Margaret-Douglas party years (1950s) or perhaps they were a subsequent invention?

I swear people just bandy their alternative sexuality about as it is "in".

This is where my liberal annoying theory about sexuality comes in. There are no heterosexuals, there are no homosexuals - there are just humans who fall in love.

Homosexuals

This is where my liberal annoying theory about sexuality comes in. There are no heterosexuals, there are no homosexuals - there are just humans who fall in love.

If you had ever given birth to or brought up a child who was homosexual you would know how wrong you are. There are homosexuals from birth.

I'm homosexual myself but my comment was supposed to highlight that there was no need for labelling Margaret a lesbian or bisexual. Who fell in love with who she fell in love with, she slept with who she slept with. Terminology doesn't come into it IMO.

Sharman Douglas was a friend of Princess Margaret's, certainly not a lesbian relationship. I believe she was the daughter of an ambassador. I did take note many years ago that Sharman Douglas was the only person in the world apart from family who was allowed to call the princess "Margaret."

Sharman was daughter of the American ambassador.

The bottom line is Margaret was not a Lesbion!

She sure was beautiful. I would have wanted to have a mint martini with her, that's for sure!

Royal Rocker

An affectionate look at Britain's Princess Margaret, who combined the fairytale persona of a glamorous princess with the free spirit of the second half of the 20th century.

More...

No, she's Queen Elizabeth's younger sister. She died in 2002, a few weeks before the death of her mother, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. If you have a look at the thread which is linked in my post above yours, you can read about her.

What a fun, witty read about a glamourous lady. Princess Margaret Rose was truly an original; she was such a beautiful woman--pompous? Arrogant? Maybe, yes, probably, but we loved her for who she was and she didn't pretend to be anything else. But, I have often wondered how different her life would have been if she had married Townsend? I'm not sure she would have been happy without all the "perks", not that I can blame her. It is easy to become used to perks in life, you know.

Glad you liked it!

Sam is thinking of making this article the first in a series of articles about royal divas. I think Princess Margaret is quite a good candidate to lead off a series like that!

Back
Top Bottom