Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The police are getting ready for the wedding
On Thursday there was a heavy police presence in Geiranger in connection with the planning of this summer's big princess wedding.
A police helicopter landed on a field near Union, and in the car park outside the hotel there were a number of police vehicles.
- The police are on inspection today as part of the planning, confirms Chief of Staff Kenneth Sætre in the Møre and Romsdal police district to TV 2.

The police in Møre and Romsdal are providing large crews for the princess wedding. They ask for extra money to cover the costs.
Oslo Police District sends four police motorcycles to the wedding weekend. Local police fear traffic chaos, and believe that motorbikes are important for emergency preparedness in order to arrive quickly if something unexpected happens.
The plan is for Nasjonale Bistandsressurser to help with a helicopter for monitoring from the air, and personnel and dogs from the bomb squad. The police district has also asked the Coast Guard for assistance.
The police have applied for airspace restrictions from Friday 30 August at 06.00 until the night of Monday 2 September for the center of Geiranger in order to control helicopter, small aircraft and drone activity over the area. The Norwegian Civil Aviation Authority approves the application and creates the restricted area as requested.

Video of Märtha Louise and Durek's interview at the Elle Norway event at this article.
Märtha Louise said also that it was the press that had invented the boycott.
- I have said that I will not comment more on articles and the like, that is what we are not supposed to do. I have never said that I will boycott the press or not talk to them, said Märtha. It was you (the press) who came up with the boycott...

Last edited:
Boycott the press? - Nah, that would have meant suffocating themselves.

There is a much used saying in Danish, which roughly translates to: You take a stand until you change your mind. (Man har et standpunkt til man tager et nyt.)
I have no idea what that saying suddenly popped up in my mind. - Must be the weather...

The police in Møre and Romsdal are providing large crews for the princess wedding. They ask for extra money to cover the costs.
Oslo Police District sends four police motorcycles to the wedding weekend. Local police fear traffic chaos, and believe that motorbikes are important for emergency preparedness in order to arrive quickly if something unexpected happens.
The plan is for Nasjonale Bistandsressurser to help with a helicopter for monitoring from the air, and personnel and dogs from the bomb squad. The police district has also asked the Coast Guard for assistance.
The police have applied for airspace restrictions from Friday 30 August at 06.00 until the night of Monday 2 September for the center of Geiranger in order to control helicopter, small aircraft and drone activity over the area. The Norwegian Civil Aviation Authority approves the application and creates the restricted area as requested.

Would this be the first time in Norway's history that a privately-paid family or social event (whether for the royal family or another prominent family) has required this degree of publicly-funded security?

Back
Top Bottom