Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he sings: Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree to ML - I'll become a hermit i Tibet!

I promise not to join you. I have a voice that can clear out a karaoke bar in three seconds flat. Tibet sounds nice this time of year though. ?

I mean, I believe it, but….

Wouldn’t this be in a more credible source were it true?

I suppose he must have been sentenced as an adult.

In my humble opinion "Bunte online" is pretty trustworty!

Plus: They mentioned this Podcast on Youtube, in which The Shaman himself speaks about his personal Prison Experience.
And you can see in the description, that The Shaman talks there from 37:04 min about his arrest and his jail time.

I must confess, I did not skip in, because I have a profound dislike for this dude....

All right, but why doesn’t the Norwegian media choose to say something about it? They have no love for the guy.

Se og Hør seems to have a paywalled article about Mr. Verrett's interview. Were there other media outlets which you would have expected to discuss it but remained noticeably silent?

https://www.seher.no/kjendis/jeg-satt-et-ar-i-fengsel/75799722

If the Princess’s serious partner has a criminal background which apparently was not widely known or discussed up to this point, I would expect some legitimate press interest and regular Norwegian media to run at least a brief story, or perhaps a popular blog, not just the gutter of the Norwegian gutter press.

It seems strange to me that they don’t, but perhaps that’s me.

If the Princess’s serious partner has a criminal background which apparently was not widely known or discussed up to this point, I would expect some legitimate press interest and regular Norwegian media to run at least a brief story, or perhaps a popular blog, not just the gutter of the Norwegian gutter press.

Considering the zero importance of the subject vs. the current chaos in the world, Durek's prison record is most likely insignificant to most "legitimate" media. Who it should be important to if they didn't already know is the King and Queen of Norway and hopefully Princess Martha Louise. Durek's seedy background is very colorful, his father had several scrapes with the law as has Durek. Durek's propensity for lying puts him in the category of pathological. His history is very well known in the US. Durek's unfortunate relationship with Martha is the only legitimate thing about this dirtbag.

I very distinctly remember an interview of Durek's early in his relationship with ML where he spoke of his childhood being full of privilege....nannies, yachts etc.

Now we are hearing about emotional and physical abuse, drugs and prison.

Which one was it?:ohmy:

I very distinctly remember an interview of Durek's early in his relationship with ML where he spoke of his childhood being full of privilege....nannies, yachts etc.

Now we are hearing about emotional and physical abuse, drugs and prison.

Which one was it?:ohmy:

Durek was born Derek David Verrett and grew up in Sacramento, CA. His father was a construction worker. His parents divorced when he was 3. His father was 14 years older than his mother and was on his 3rd marriage. Durek's life has been far from privileged. Much of it has been documented already on this thread. I think he has had a very sad and rough life, perhaps what motivates the fantasy world he seems to promote. In 2014 Durek had his name legally changed from Derek David Verrett to Durek David Verrett.

This is a pdf document with Durek's family history.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/revi...76c23da-3865-4f02-b18e-54022aef9879#pageNum=1

Royal Musings' Marlene Eilers Koenig has also posted about his family history.

'All ambassadors and delegates in NY' are quite a few who most certainly weren't at this dinner. Durek looks rather ill. I am trying to figure out what it is he is wearing on his jacquet that seems to continue into his jacket; looks like some kind of small tube.

:previous: Durek was a speaker along with what appears to be a collection of other self-promoting entrepreneurs. The event was called REimagine 2022 sponsored by TEDxWaterStreet a group that "aims to put the NYC community onto a new type of global activity map that is being watched, shared, and talked about by the world’s top thought leaders."

The "Excellency Rabbi Pinto" Martha and Durek are pictured with touts himself as "the president of rabbinical court of Morocco". His website is under construction.

Durek does look somewhat pale and thinner than in previous posts. In reading comments on his insta account one said they noticed his foot in a brace and wished him rapid healing. Another addressed everyone on the post "My fellow Kabbalists".

It appears Martha and Durek do get around.

I think she's very high maintenance. Wonder if this relationship ended who would take her on? She's very forthright with her opinions; and seems to dislike the royal way of life. Durek seems passive in comparison.

Well I suppose that being in a Royal family since birth, you become used to a certain standard of living... You have known nothing else !

Did Verrett ever find a kidney donor? If he is suffering serious kidney failure that would explain his appearance.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett attended TEDxWaterStreet: REIMAGINE 22 Hosted By Terrence J at iPic Theater in New York City on May 4:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Durek take the Princess Märtha Louise to a walk to the Votanical Garden as celebrating the Mother's Day

"Taking my beloved on a beautiful date for Mothers Day. She is such a loving mother to her daughters whom she devotes 100% of her soul and spirit to see exceed and be strong, wise and well balanced ladies in society. Thank you to Queen Sonja for being a creative, powerful mother who is classy and full of grace to bring into our lives such a powerful leader such as @princessmarthalouise @iam_marthalouise
Happy Mother's Day to all women and to all women and men who have mothers.
Love you!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdUi5jHL-OR/

Well they're relationship has lasted longer than some predicted. I expect they will spend more and more time in the USA. Am expecting an engagement at some point.

Did Verrett ever find a kidney donor? If he is suffering serious kidney failure that would explain his appearance.

The Shaman Durek, Princess Märtha Louise's love interest and self declared healer, has found a solution for his incurable kidney disease - The actress Katerina Graham, known out of the fiction series "Vampire Diaries" and his good friend, will donate a kidney, the German tabloid Bunte reports.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...-spender-niere-fuer-ihren-durek-gefunden.html

His girlfriend, the Norwegian Princess and mother of three Märtha Louise was very ready to donate a kindney herself - but she is no suitable donor.

Is Bild (the source of the story in Bunte) a reliable source?

Durek take the Princess Märtha Louise to a walk to the Votanical Garden as celebrating the Mother's Day

"Taking my beloved on a beautiful date for Mothers Day. She is such a loving mother to her daughters whom she devotes 100% of her soul and spirit to see exceed and be strong, wise and well balanced ladies in society. Thank you to Queen Sonja for being a creative, powerful mother who is classy and full of grace to bring into our lives such a powerful leader such as @princessmarthalouise @iam_marthalouise
Happy Mother's Day to all women and to all women and men who have mothers.
Love you!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdUi5jHL-OR/

Interesting that he praises Queen Sonja given that their Vanity Fair interview implied she was reluctant about the relationship. Of course, that was over a year ago, so relations could have warmed since then.

I think I understand what you mean. It seems I wrongly read your comment as skepticism about whether Durek Verrett had told the story, whereas you were expressing skepticism about whether the story he told was truthful.

My question to you was more about whether you had checked the "legitimate press" yourself to verify whether or not they had run stories about Durek's old video, or were assuming they had not because none had been posted in this thread.

The reason for broaching the point was that after Royal Norway sadly retired as a regular poster, I am afraid there are no longer any regular posters on this forum who routinely keep up with the Norwegian press, so the absence of stories in this forum does not necessarily imply the absence of stories in the Norwegian press.

Medically speaking, I don't know how serious this is? But the Princess has come to rely heavily on him as a couple, and so hope things work out for them.

Is Bild (the source of the story in Bunte) a reliable source?

it is a tabloid, however most of the things they write are turning out to be true. Today they say that Märtha and Durek are desolate because the actress who wanted to donor a kidney changed her mind. Now they have to look for another donor, and "time is running away" (loosely translated)

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/ro...ngt-um-ihren-sex-schamanen-80031664.bild.html

It's difficult to assess what is reality and what is fabrication with Durek. If Durek needs a life saving kidney transplant I hope he finds a suitable donor.

Yet, I'm not surprised to hear that A-list actress, musician and producer Kat Graham apparently is no longer donating a kidney to Durek. I questioned the validity of the original story. Voluntarily losing a kidney, undergoing a risky major surgery seems alot to ask.

While Kat Graham is involved with spiritual healing and has formed her own "lifehacking" group called Modern Nirvana, again I question how well she and Durek were acquainted. She runs in a much different circle than Durek, i.e. Quincy Jones, Depak Chopra, etc. etc.
https://www.katgraham.com/bio
https://www.modernnirvana.com/conference

Durek being American, could he get a transplant anywhere in the World? I dont know how that works for anyone that needs a transplant. Whatever his medical issue is, I hope he gets well. I dont like seeing anyone ill.

Durek being American, could he get a transplant anywhere in the World? I dont know how that works for anyone that needs a transplant. Whatever his medical issue is, I hope he gets well. I dont like seeing anyone ill.
Theoretically yes, Durek could be worked up for transplant anywhere that accepts him. In 2012 he received a kidney from his sister. A living kidney donor transplant last 15 to 20 years on average so it's unfortunate to hear that he may now need another transplant. Typically the nephrologist overseeing his care will refer him to a transplant program. Whether he will use the same group as before is unknown. It may be he is on a donor transplant list to receive a deceased donor kidney if a live donor is not found. We really don't know what his status or condition is currently. I was surprised to see him traveling to NYC recently. Dialysis requirements preclude much travel which he would be receiving while waiting for transplant. We don't really have a lot of information on his condition relying on magazine articles.

Märtha Louise has shared a few more photos and videos of the visit to the Botanical Garden:

** instagram post **

Last edited:
Durek's big secret - married for four years
Now the princess's boyfriend admits that he has been married before.
Dureks store hemmelighet - gift i fire år

Svensk Damtidning quotes the article
As a 30-year-old, Durek met the then 21-year-old Czech woman Zaneta Marszalkova through mutual friends and of course it clicked.
In 2005, they said "yes" to each other in Los Angeles and were married for four years before everything took a terrible turn.
In retrospect, Durek talks about marriage in a bitter tone:
- Yes, that's right, I was married to Zaneta - but she took advantage of me, he recently told the German newspaper Bild, according to Norwegian Se och Hör.
- I realized that Zaneta just wanted a Green Card, so she could stay in the US. Then I got so angry that I informed the authorities about it.
Chocken_ Durek Verrett gift – detaljerna om kvinnan _*Svensk Dam

Durek's big secret - married for four years
Now the princess's boyfriend admits that he has been married before.
Dureks store hemmelighet - gift i fire år

Svensk Damtidning quotes the article
As a 30-year-old, Durek met the then 21-year-old Czech woman Zaneta Marszalkova through mutual friends and of course it clicked.
In 2005, they said "yes" to each other in Los Angeles and were married for four years before everything took a terrible turn.
In retrospect, Durek talks about marriage in a bitter tone:
- Yes, that's right, I was married to Zaneta - but she took advantage of me, he recently told the German newspaper Bild, according to Norwegian Se och Hör.
- I realized that Zaneta just wanted a Green Card, so she could stay in the US. Then I got so angry that I informed the authorities about it.
Chocken_ Durek Verrett gift – detaljerna om kvinnan _*Svensk Dam

Thank you for sharing this. I remember it was reported before that Durek Verrett had an ex-wife, but I couldn't recall seeing her name or details.

Could anyone share the link to the interview from Bild? I wonder what motivated Durek to speak out about his previous marriage at this time.

Last edited:
she's a grown woman... old enough to decide for herself whom she marries

Back
Top Bottom