Prince Philip Hospitalized for 'Pre-Existing Condition': December 20, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Limiting visits is most often advised when a patient is hospitalized and undergoing some kind of treatment. Family members are normally a nuisance in those situations.

I doubt if a private hospital is limiting visits and many patients would be very depressed if they dd not have visitors and "family members were considered a nuisance". I think it is Philip. he does not want to be seen when he is ill.. so he prefers to be on his own till he feels better...

You do know who you’re talking about right? When has Prince Philip ever done anything for the cameras? If he needed a wheelchair to get out he would have used one.

Philip is a proud man and does not want to be seen requiring help....

That is good news. Glad to hear it.

I'm glad to see that the DoE is out of hospital, and hope that whatever issue took him in has been resolved.

He looks like hell. Something tells me he could be doing with staying in hospital but they are trying to make everything look ok. I bet he will have a team of doctors and equipment around him non stop when he gets home. There's no way he is fully well.

What percentage of 98+ years olds do you think can walk unaided, and could climb into a car, again unaided?

What percentage of 98+ years olds do you think can walk unaided, and could climb into a car, again unaided?

Much less after having been in a hospital bed for several days.

Anyone who thinks Philip looks frail for a 98+ year old has never been around really elderly people.

Prince Philip Hospitalized

Glad to hear he’s home for Christmas.

Given his age and that he’s just gotten out of the hospital, he looks good to me. He’s getting around better than other people I know in his age range. Whether you think cameras played a role in how he left or not- he still did what a lot of people his age couldn’t do.

He looked pretty darn spry leaving that hospital. He's 98, he looks old because he is old. He's probably tired and ready to get home to his own bed as well.

LaRae

Truth be told, most people do not even make it to 98 years old. Philip has always kept active and that, I believe, contributes to his longevity. The man has amazing stamina and you just can't keep him down for long.

I'm happy he'll be back at home with his family for the holidays. Maybe one of his kids, grandkids or great-grandkids will give him some reindeer fuzzy slippers for Christmas. :D

He did look quite different to me (his cheeks look very sunken) and I think this is because he's lost a fair amount of weight. This article says he hasn't been eating and had lost his appetite - not sure if it's true but you can certainly tell he's much thinner than normal (his normal being thin to begin with!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10614230/prince-philip-leave-hospital-today/

Usually it isn't a good sign when elderly people lose their appetite, as that is a sign of getting close to the end of their lives, but of course Philip does always seem to bounce back and surprise people.

He did look quite different to me (his cheeks look very sunken) and I think this is because he's lost a fair amount of weight. This article says he hasn't been eating and had lost his appetite - not sure if it's true but you can certainly tell he's much thinner than normal (his normal being thin to begin with!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10614230/prince-philip-leave-hospital-today/

Usually it isn't a good sign when elderly people lose their appetite, as that is a sign of getting close to the end of their lives, but of course Philip does always seem to bounce back and surprise people.

Not necessarily. When things go haywire in the metabolism of the human body, many things are affected and loss of appetite can be one of the side effects. I have that problem. With me its stage 4 kidney disease. I'm a senior citizen yet 31 years younger than Philip is. With monitoring by my doctors and proper supplements my body needs, my appetite is improving. Losing weight is also a side effect. I lost 30 lbs rapidly due to my body being out of whack and not functioning properly and doing what its supposed to do.

I'm most certainly not ready to give up the ghost and push up daisies quite yet either and Philip is the kind of guy that could look the Angel of Death straight in the eye and tell him "Not today. I have other things to do." :D

BTW: Don't try this at home. Its not a good way to lose weight at all. I look like a 87 lb wrinkled garden gnome and its not attractive at all. :lol:

There's a hashtag RIPPrincePhilip trending on Twitter :bang:

I'm glad that the real news is Philip is out of hospital in time for Christmas.

He is even fine for those who are 98 years old. It is normal at this point in life for people to get lower and their health begins to deteriorate. The Duke of Edinburgh must feel his time running out due to age.
May he have a happy Christmas with his family and quietly, is what I wish.

Much less after having been in a hospital bed for several days.

Anyone who thinks Philip looks frail for a 98+ year old has never been around really elderly people.

I agree, Phillip is in very good shape for his age - my parents are younger than him (ages 91 & 93) and don't move as well as he does.

I am glad Prince Phillip will be spending Xmas at home with his family. Perfect timing!

Happy to see him being able to get back home to Sandringham for the Christmas Day. Hopefully he will be able to rest a lot because he looks very tired and like he has lost weight. Not strange for anyone who reaches his age. Most of us won’t. And i wouldn’t put too thought behind that he walked unaided the few steps from indoor in to the car. We don’t know if he walked unaided inside. Prince Philip is a very proud man who (just like The Queen Mother) absolutely don’t want to be photographed in a wheelchair.

I can more than well imagine that Philip told his wife and children to not visit him at hospital unless it became critical, to avoid an ocean of journalists and tv-studios outside the hospital, reporting about everyone who went inside and who exited. He HATES this kind of fuss.
I have seen many people compare the Royal Family to their own relatives who loved to have the family come visiting when they were at hospital, but i think it’s a mistake. Not everyone likes visitors when you’re at hospital. My grandmother couldn’t get the rest she needed so we didn’t visited her and kept contact over the phone instead. My grandfather on the other hand, loved to have his family visiting him.

Last edited:
He looks like what he is a 98 year old man. The fact that he could walk unassisted to the car and get in is great . Not many people his age or younger can do that.
If you know anything abut Phillip you know he wouldn't perform for the press , he really does not like them.

Last edited:
:previous: And that's the truth! One my favorite Philip quips is "You have mosquitoes. We have the press." :lol:

Back
Top Bottom